Dashboards for Movie and TV

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MJknight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Dashboards for Movie and TV

Post by MJknight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:48 am

Personally, I think they need to have a mix of modern and Old-skool with the dashes.

Modern: Incorporate all the modern safety features; such as air-bags in steering wheel and the passenger side of the dash.

Old-skool: The voice-modulator without question, similar to the Season 3-4 voice bars. Keep the 2 TV screens, but make them LCD screens, DVD-CD player, Internet, etc.

this is not the best example of what I mean, but you could get an idea of what I might mean with this dash I did Image

Let me know what you think.
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

d_osborn
Operative

Post by d_osborn » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:53 am

for the new KITT... NBC or W... i would love to see the whole control panel use an animated touch screen interface, a'la iphone. readouts and buttons could change as needed. as a matter of fact, it would be GREAT to see a little product placement with apple. my fanboy gauge would be pegged...

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:20 pm

d_osborn wrote:for the new KITT... NBC or W... i would love to see the whole control panel use an animated touch screen interface, a'la iphone. readouts and buttons could change as needed. as a matter of fact, it would be GREAT to see a little product placement with apple. my fanboy gauge would be pegged...

I like that idea as well touchscreen is the new thing now especially because I have an iPhone and I am in love with it. Definetly touch screen adaptation with some unique features it still had before such as the 2-Screen monitors, maybe Windows and Microsoft can provide a cool hard drive and a special system within the dash.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Yo Modo!

I like the concept but I aggree with the gentlemen above, the touchscreen thing is cool. However, the traditional layout should be kept.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 pm

The touchscreen is interesting, but then that would mean K.I.T.T.'s dashboard would look more like a Star Trek: The Next Generation computer console, as in being completely flat. I think the dashboard should maybe only have certain touchscreen sections, but overall be a little more 3-dimensional.

Whatever they do, I hope NBC Universal doesn't go the same route with the dashboard that they did with Viper. Rather than having a "hidden" dash that only pops up in a "battle mode" (or something like that), I'd rather just see a permanent high-tech dash.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 pm

One good thing they did with Knight Rider 2000 was the full-windshield heads-up display. I thought that was pretty cool. I'd like to have KITT keep at least one real monitor in the dash, but then also have a lot of virtual windshield data as well. And I'd like to see the 3-column voice modulator as a heads-up display as well.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:11 pm

A H.U..D. &MONITOR COMBO WOULD BE GREAT.
" Silence....we have an intruder... "