Need your help please!! Searching for a bad guy L.Barton

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

VWeirauch
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Need your help please!! Searching for a bad guy L.Barton

Post by VWeirauch » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Hello.
I need your help !!!

I`ve bought a dashboard in uk from a guy names : Lee Barton - lbarton34@hotmail.co.uk - and payed the money with paypal.

After many days and weeks, there have no dashboard arrived here.
I send mr.barton many emails but he never answerd back.

Now i lost a lot of money for a dashboard that never arrived.
Does anybody know something about Lee Barton living in the uk !?
Searching for the adress, so i can give these information to my lawner.

If anybody have helping informations -PLEASE send me an email to these adresse :
KnightPierre@aol.com
Thank you very much !
Best regards
Volker and Pierre Knight

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:00 pm

I would suggest contacting "Knights of England", a replica site in the U.K.

http://www.knightsofengland.fsnet.co.uk/

You can also try Knight Rider UK

http://www.knightrideruk.co.uk/forum/

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Thanks for the heads up Volker. Isn't there some type of charge back procedure with paypal? Or is there too much time gone by? Volker did you buy this dashboard thru ebay?

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:05 am

I think you have to wait 30 days to file a dispute with Paypal. Be sure to have everything documented- save all the e-mails and correspondance.
Also, look into filing an NPB (non-paying bidder) if you bought it through eBay. They work separate systems.

Is there any chance this also might be one of those Nigerian scammer jobs? They often get an inconspicuous English name and a UK address. They usually run scams through a Western Union money transfer, but it wouldn't be much of a leap for them to use Paypal.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

VWeirauch
Recruit

Post by VWeirauch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:32 am

I saw the dashboard at ebay.uk in the past. But the auction endet without a bid. So i wrote a email to the seller Lee Barton and asked him for the dashboard.
The told me the price for the dash. and the shipping price.
Then he gave me his paypal acount. I`ve payed the price he told me. After 2 weeks ( the dashboard have not arrived ) i send paypal the notice . Paypal wrote Lee Barton and Lee Barton never answerd on paypals emails or on mine.

I have payed 310 GBP for the dashboard .
Paypal send back 52 GBP , because on the paypal acount from Lee was no more money.

This is the second time , i lost much money. And the second time for a dashboard .
The first time, a guy names Charles W. Knox from Goshen - Indiana US stollen over 650 EUro . He did the same. Stolen my money and never send out the part i`ve payed for.

No i will do my best, to get the money back.

If some one can help me, i will be very happy.
Best regards
Volker

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:30 am

Boy talk about having a string of bad luck. This is the reason I won't send such a large sum of money to someone I don't know. I have already made one trip to Seattle for my kitt bumper and hopefully with in the next two weeks I will be going down for my dashboard.

VWeirauch
Recruit

Post by VWeirauch » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:43 pm

yeah its very bad and hard for me, because i must work hard for the money.

In gemany you must contact paypal at 2 weeks, when you have trouble with someone.
That`s new by paypal. In the past i have had 90 days. But today it`s 14 days in gemany.

Can`t understand people like Charles or Lee Barton. Stolen other peoples money.
I hope hotmail -msn - will send me the needed informations. Contact them yesterday.

Oh man..... All i want is MY money back.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Are these guys still selling anything on ebay? You could bid on somthing and not pay for it. And let everybody know what they did thru some much needed negative feedback. Or maybe screw up their auctions some way?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:13 pm

Nelson B wrote:Are these guys still selling anything on ebay? You could bid on somthing and not pay for it. And let everybody know what they did thru some much needed negative feedback. Or maybe screw up their auctions some way?
Bad idea. No reason to hurt your own reputation for revenge. Take the moral high road.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:02 pm

Okay maybe it wasn't a good idea. But I hate seeing people getting away with stealing someone else's hard earned money.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:04 pm

What I hate about being burned is not knowing if the persons dead or not because all transactions are done online.To test this theory,I would set up a new email one that your theif didn't do business with like a yahoo account or other web email and ask him if hes still selling dashboard,what he's asking for then you can just reply with i already bought one from you under email ........ you get the idea.

snafu
FLAG Recruit

Post by snafu » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:32 am

In the model horse business (quit laughing) we have Yahoo groups and boards entirely for references- you put someone's name in the search bar and people post on good deals/bad deals.
Not much help if you've already been screwed, but it helps in the future.
Heaven, where all QC only has to be run once.

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:22 am

Nelson B wrote:Okay maybe it wasn't a good idea. But I hate seeing people getting away with stealing someone else's hard earned money.
I agree Nelson, which is why I thought I'd crash the "pity party". Volker, it's KARMA, do unto others as you would have done unto you. Nobody else, including myself, came here starting threads bashing YOU over deals gone bad, and nobody should have any empathy towards you. You've proven again and again that you can't be trusted, so how can you expect anyone to believe this boy who cried wolf scenario...again....peace.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:57 pm

OK, that's enough.

This is not the first time a "some replica dealer ripped me off" thread has turned into a personal fight. And perhaps we should not have allowed it in the first place. It's over now.

I'll leave the thread open (for now) and allow people the chance to prove that they can be mature on their own and NOT continue this discussion.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 pm

This is what I would do, there is a system on ebay if you know the persons selling ID, and if you have an id yourself you can get all of there contact information. Address phone number ect. I had that done once cause I didn't get an item so Ebay suggested i get there info and call them. This was also used to sell a fridge that I sold on there when the person wanted my number to get directions they used that. Now even though i know you said that you didn't go threw him directly on ebay, next time make him repost the auction and then buy it from him cause at least then if you pay threw pay pall I think you are protected from pay pal I think. Second then you have things you can go threw on ebay and or pay pal to open a dispute to get your money back. Also then you can leave negative feedback for him so others see what has happened. Thats why the feedback ratings are there. But I would find out his ebay selling id then go to the live help place on ebay or just under there help section and type in something like contact info. IF you can't find it use the ebay live help and they will tell you what to do to find it. Hope this helps and if i can find the link for the contact info i will post it.