Buy Replacement Knight Rider Season 3

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
G.O.L.I.A.T.H
Volunteer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:28 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Buy Replacement Knight Rider Season 3

Post by G.O.L.I.A.T.H » Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:03 am

Hi everyone,
I live in the UK and bought Knight Rider Season 3 when it first came out in the states so i am one of the unlucky ones with the missing sound effects on my season 3 set, anyway universal arent interested in replacing my dvds as i live outside the states, so i was just wondering if anyone knows a online shop that will ship to the UK that is selling the replacement season 3 set with all the sound effects fixed?
Thanks to anyone that helps

User avatar
sarfraz
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, UK

Post by sarfraz » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:49 am

Your not the only one that wants an answer to that. I've held off buying the season 3 boxset for the moment as I'm unsure of how to get the replacement disks.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

User avatar
Wizster
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Wizster » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am

I haven't bought the UK Season 3 due to the lack of care they appear to have put into it

G.O.L.I.A.T.H
Volunteer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:28 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by G.O.L.I.A.T.H » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:37 am

Maybe the Big Boxset of all the series that is coming out will have all the teasers and have the sound effects fixed.
http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1094194/ ... oduct.html

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Re: Buy Replacement Knight Rider Season 3

Post by sophos77 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:48 am

G.O.L.I.A.T.H wrote:Hi everyone,
I live in the UK and bought Knight Rider Season 3 when it first came out in the states so i am one of the unlucky ones with the missing sound effects on my season 3 set, anyway universal arent interested in replacing my dvds as i live outside the states, so i was just wondering if anyone knows a online shop that will ship to the UK that is selling the replacement season 3 set with all the sound effects fixed?
Thanks to anyone that helps


Unfortunately, I have checked many online websites but I have not found the corrected version.

In addition, nothing has been yet heard about this problem. I have sent several e-mails to Universal-Playback about the possibility of releasing again the 'Season 3' DVD in the UK and fixing the problem with the sound effects.

So far, they have not been bothered to answer my queries. They know the problem but they have done nothing about it! :(

In November, they are going to release all the Seasons in a single Boxset. Nobody knows whether they will fix the problem. :?

G.O.L.I.A.T.H
Volunteer
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:28 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Re: Buy Replacement Knight Rider Season 3

Post by G.O.L.I.A.T.H » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:32 pm

sophos77 wrote:Unfortunately, I have checked many online websites but I have not found the corrected version.

In addition, nothing has been yet heard about this problem. I have sent several e-mails to Universal-Playback about the possibility of releasing again the 'Season 3' DVD in the UK and fixing the problem with the sound effects.

So far, they have not been bothered to answer my queries. They know the problem but they have done nothing about it! :(

In November, they are going to release all the Seasons in a single Boxset. Nobody knows whether they will fix the problem. :?


I have also emailed them but they have failed to email me back, also i wonder why they are only bringing the boxset of all the seasons out in the UK and not the USA

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Re: Buy Replacement Knight Rider Season 3

Post by sophos77 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:21 pm

G.O.L.I.A.T.H wrote:I have also emailed them but they have failed to email me back, also i wonder why they are only bringing the boxset of all the seasons out in the UK and not the USA


It is really annoying and odd that they are not responding to our e-mails. I am wondering why they do not care about it.

I guess that probably later they will release the Ultimate Boxset Collection in the USA...but who knows what else we can expect from them.

Universal is full of 'surprises' with Knight Rider... :cry:

EVH5150
Volunteer
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Contact:

Post by EVH5150 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:30 am

Still holding off on buying mine, too...
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

User avatar
Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: London, England
Contact:

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:19 am

Sophos77 wrote
In November, they are going to release all the Seasons in a single Boxset. Nobody knows whether they will fix the problem.


Maybe I'm just cynical, but I shouldn't expect them to change anything in that 4 Season Collected Edition. If it's anything more than just the 4 separate DVD Seasons repackaged in a bigger box, I'll be very surprised.

Remember, as fans we have to be kept on tenterhooks for the inevitable HD-DVD release of the episodes, which will probably be mastered from newly-rediscovered prints of the episodes as they first aired, complete with teasers and original sound effects!

User avatar
sophos77
Rookie
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Bath, England, UK

Post by sophos77 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:44 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:
Sophos77 wrote
In November, they are going to release all the Seasons in a single Boxset. Nobody knows whether they will fix the problem.


Maybe I'm just cynical, but I shouldn't expect them to change anything in that 4 Season Collected Edition. If it's anything more than just the 4 separate DVD Seasons repackaged in a bigger box, I'll be very surprised.

Remember, as fans we have to be kept on tenterhooks for the inevitable HD-DVD release of the episodes, which will probably be mastered from newly-rediscovered prints of the episodes as they first aired, complete with teasers and original sound effects!


Hello Paul,

Unfortunately, I am also afraid that they will not do any changes in the Ultimate Collection. It seems that the recent release of Knight Rider Anthology is probably a bad sign { http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1111831/ ... oduct.html }.
In this collection, 9 episodes are included from Season 1. Not only, they have not added the teaser/promo videos from each episode but they have just put the exact copies of Discs 1,2 & 3 from the original Season 1 Release (in 2004). Also the cover photos on the discs are exactly the same. It is obvious that the discs have been just taken from the Season 1 Collection without any change at all.

I just have a little hope that they will do something better in the Ultimate Collection, otherwise few people are going to get it.

Certainly, in the HD-DVD release of Knight Rider all the video and audio problems should be fixed. However, nobody can be sure about it! :?

Locked