help on episode

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: Matthew, neps, Michael Pajaro

Locked
archangel
Stranger
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:08 am

help on episode

Post by archangel » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:13 am

which one is the episode where kitt is dropped in some sort of chemical? im not sure it might be acid or something.

User avatar
HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 809
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:58 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Asia Pacific

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:46 am

The episode is Junk Yard Dog of the third season.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Post by pheonix_knight » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:20 pm

certainly was.....

and that episode would have made a fantastic season opener!!!!

User avatar
alexmain_za
Recruit
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:56 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Contact:

Post by alexmain_za » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:30 am

That is one of my all time favourites eps. And yes it would've made a great season opener.

Jenna
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:58 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Jenna » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:32 pm

That episode was so sad to watch poor kitt being eaten and destroyed like that but glad he got fixed just sad to watch

User avatar
LEDmouth
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by LEDmouth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:01 am

When I rewatched JYD recently, I forgotten how much it used to get to me as a kid. I remember being mortified when KITT almost got "killed" in that acid bath. :(
"I'm tellin' ya Devon, KITT's the next O.J." - :shock: Michael Knight in "Knights of the Fast Lane"

Jenna
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:58 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Jenna » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:34 am

and worst par Michael Knight couldnt do anything about it to save him that is saddest part of all him saying i cant buddy i cant and watch his own car kitt sink like that i stil get flashbacks

User avatar
jup
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)
Contact:

Post by jup » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:52 pm

Too shocked to order KITT to fire his forward grappling hook into...something...like he's thought of doing a dozen times before WHEN he was inside.

I suppose it will always remain a mystery as to why this was a middle-of-the-season shocker episode. My theory is that Bonnie needed a fresh start on all of KITT's abilities to wipe clean the slate. But...who knows.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Skav » Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:00 pm

I think it puts a bit of a dampener on KITT's indestructability in the series by doing this episode.

While it is indeed a GREAT episode, the idea of KITT being destroyed/banged up as much as 4 times in 4 seasons was a bit much.

User avatar
KITTfan
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1014
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Finland

Post by KITTfan » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Speaking of KITT getting destroyed, what you guys would think or do if your KITT replica or KITT model would get destroyed or damaged?

A week ago I got to know how it feels when KITT model is damaged. I was taking new pics of it outside and accidently dropped it to a gravel road. The stones ruined it's paint. The nose got the worst damages, big scratches that reaches to the metal:
Image

Man I wouldn't want to know myself how it would feel if I had a real 1:1 KITT replica damaged, I was enough sad and pissed off with this :( All the work, detailing, painting, etc. I've done to this model feels now gone to waste :roll:

When I'll have more time, I'll try to fix the scratches and perhaps do some other detailing too. As Bonnie said: "KITT, I'll make you as good as new... no, I'll make you better." Hopefully I'll figure out how to get as smooth finish to the paint as the original paint have.

-KITTfan-

User avatar
LEDmouth
Volunteer
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by LEDmouth » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:26 pm

KITTfan wrote:Speaking of KITT getting destroyed, what you guys would think or do if your KITT replica or KITT model would get destroyed or damaged?

A week ago I got to know how it feels when KITT model is damaged. I was taking new pics of it outside and accidently dropped it to a gravel road. The stones ruined it's paint. The nose got the worst damages, big scratches that reaches to the metal:
Image

Man I wouldn't want to know myself how it would feel if I had a real 1:1 KITT replica damaged, I was enough sad and pissed off with this :( All the work, detailing, painting, etc. I've done to this model feels now gone to waste :roll:

When I'll have more time, I'll try to fix the scratches and perhaps do some other detailing too. As Bonnie said: "KITT, I'll make you as good as new... no, I'll make you better." Hopefully I'll figure out how to get as smooth finish to the paint as the original paint have.

-KITTfan-


Seriously, I'd buy a whole new 1:18 KITT and make a custom "JYD-post acid bath" custom KITT out of that dinged and scratched one.

I've been considering doing the same if I ever damage my good KITT model.
"I'm tellin' ya Devon, KITT's the next O.J." - :shock: Michael Knight in "Knights of the Fast Lane"

User avatar
pbryant_knight
Operative
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:23 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, England

Post by pbryant_knight » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:37 am

LEDmouth wrote:
KITTfan wrote:Speaking of KITT getting destroyed, what you guys would think or do if your KITT replica or KITT model would get destroyed or damaged?

A week ago I got to know how it feels when KITT model is damaged. I was taking new pics of it outside and accidently dropped it to a gravel road. The stones ruined it's paint. The nose got the worst damages, big scratches that reaches to the metal:
Image

Man I wouldn't want to know myself how it would feel if I had a real 1:1 KITT replica damaged, I was enough sad and pissed off with this :( All the work, detailing, painting, etc. I've done to this model feels now gone to waste :roll:

When I'll have more time, I'll try to fix the scratches and perhaps do some other detailing too. As Bonnie said: "KITT, I'll make you as good as new... no, I'll make you better." Hopefully I'll figure out how to get as smooth finish to the paint as the original paint have.

-KITTfan-


Seriously, I'd buy a whole new 1:18 KITT and make a custom "JYD-post acid bath" custom KITT out of that dinged and scratched one.

I've been considering doing the same if I ever damage my good KITT model.


That's EXACTALLY what i'm in the process of doing. After making countless Acid Pitt Kitt (or Pit if you prefer) out of plastic, i'm now making a 1:18th scale one from a model i had to rip apart to make a New KITT model based on a 1999 Trans-Am that has been inspired by the communitys thoughts on the new film.[/img]
One Man Can Make A Replica

User avatar
Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 431
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:28 pm

That's why I wanna buy another 1:18 KITT - so I can <ahem> play with the other one.

User avatar
Skav
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1999
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Skav » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:02 pm

KITTfan wrote:Speaking of KITT getting destroyed, what you guys would think or do if your KITT replica or KITT model would get destroyed or damaged?

A week ago I got to know how it feels when KITT model is damaged. I was taking new pics of it outside and accidently dropped it to a gravel road. The stones ruined it's paint. The nose got the worst damages, big scratches that reaches to the metal:
Image

Man I wouldn't want to know myself how it would feel if I had a real 1:1 KITT replica damaged, I was enough sad and pissed off with this :( All the work, detailing, painting, etc. I've done to this model feels now gone to waste :roll:

When I'll have more time, I'll try to fix the scratches and perhaps do some other detailing too. As Bonnie said: "KITT, I'll make you as good as new... no, I'll make you better." Hopefully I'll figure out how to get as smooth finish to the paint as the original paint have.

-KITTfan-


This is exactly why I don't take mine outside to take pictures. It's a model and meant to stay in one place.

User avatar
jup
FLAG Operative
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:01 am
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)
Contact:

Post by jup » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:50 pm

Skav wrote:I think it puts a bit of a dampener on KITT's indestructability in the series by doing this episode.

While it is indeed a GREAT episode, the idea of KITT being destroyed/banged up as much as 4 times in 4 seasons was a bit much.


Actually, the notions used for the damage USUALLY make great sense, when you stop to consider it.

We have both KITT going up against KARR (with an almost equal level of MBS and mass conflict) & KITT vs Goliath. (Equal inch for inch MBS contact, but far superior weight and frame going to the truck.) Knight of the Drones took advantage of a wide open tail pipe that couldn't possibly have been protected from a forced fire ball to the engine situation. (I always had the complaint that had KITT slowed down and taken a 360 degree or evade technique, the missile impact "could" have been diverted to the MBS...or even avoided, altogether. KITT did have plenty of detection time for a computer, after all.) Knight of the Juggernaut removed the MBS advantage. (Detecting the missing element way too late is forgivable, IMO. After all, why waste the scan sweep for it until there's truly an alarming need to do so.) Which placed poor KITT on the level of computerized car in a slightly super standard vehicle body position. What was bad was during the early portion of season 1, where KITT damages his Alpha Circuit over the mere act of towing another car. This is a frame that can take a beating by landing harshly after jumping and crashing through walls. It should not bend when pressure is applied to the bumper and crack internal circuits so easily. A poor fault of early writings in the beginning is what I say. (So bad, even TV Guide gave a thumbs down note on it, back in the day.) I also never cared for rocks/pits putting stress on circuitry during that one loggers episode. (Season 4?) But, as far as I am concerned, it is perfectly acceptable for a highly corrosive, liquid substance to seep in through all the cracks and gaps to get to any unprotected spots and eat away at anything and everything. Perhaps, eating out the MBS protected windows was a bit much. But, sensitive circuits, soft seats and more sensitive dash is perfectly acceptable, once the stuff had oozed through the fire wall from the engine compartment and destroyed the rubber seals around doors and rear hatch. While it is debatable about how well KITT could have kept the interior sealed in case of sinking into the ocean during Return to Cadez (SP?) or that water channel in Redeption of a Champion, the destructive vat of chemicals would surely have removed all rubber barriers in no time and totally flooded the interior, which is exactly what happened.

Now, my KIT3T in my non-released fan fiction writings (which is a prequil to the Foundation's KAT/Plato tech. bikes from Team Knight Rider) would be a whole different issue. KIT3T uses a science fiction liquid metal base that could be reformed into a sealed bubble that "might" have repelled the liquid goo for awhile. Being that there is no real world counterpart (that I am aware of) to base results on, the issue would be totally up in the air. (In my writings, KITT creates KIT3T as a replacement. And, none of the technicians were ever able to completely figure out how the liquid metal technology worked. But, the bike/combo car was a partial success story, based on research. Of course, KIT3T's existance becomes to an unknown factor before KRO's construction is completed. My plans were to make TKR's horribly wrong "black box" and the shadow character be what becomes of KIT3T's personality, leaving the original KITT un-accounted for...until Knight Rider 2000, that is.)

But, KITT was completely physical and had no way of sealing everything off from the chemical seepage.

User avatar
Wizster
FLAG Recruit
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:06 pm
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: UK

Post by Wizster » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:54 pm

Good points, and I particularly agree with the towing the car/damaging the alpha circuit nonsense for a car built to be able to smash through concrete

Locked