Little Extra info on the KR Movie (might be old news)

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:21 pm

Hmm... interesting! It's nice to see that they've started off the production of the movie.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Well at least David kept on insisting they have KITT talk. It just wouldn't be the same without him being himself from the show.

Zeron Hitaro
Volunteer

Post by Zeron Hitaro » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 pm

You have to wonder what on earth the producers were thinking by trying to make KITT silenced. >.<; It'll be interesting to see Micheal running FLAG, but his character might not pull off the subtle humor Devon's character brought to the position.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:08 pm

I see KARR is mentioned. Suppose it depends on where they got their info from though.

Zeron Hitaro
Volunteer

Post by Zeron Hitaro » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:34 pm

When you think about it, having KARR come back would make perfect sence as the KITT Vs KARR episode left KARR's fate relatively open ended. :o

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:38 pm

In a word, No.

The movie is NOT in production. The cast has NOT been named. There is NO studio attached to the project.

The entry links to imdb, and we know their information for the Knight Rider movie is wrong- we can even trace it back to comments made by fans on messageboards which somehow became "facts".

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:54 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:In a word, No.

The movie is NOT in production. The cast has NOT been named. There is NO studio attached to the project.

The entry links to imdb, and we know their information for the Knight Rider movie is wrong- we can even trace it back to comments made by fans on messageboards which somehow became "facts".
Have a feeling it'd turn out like this :(

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:44 pm

This looks like the old info that IMDB had up about a year ago. All of that info has since been taken down...the ONLY cast member listed on IMDB now is David Hasselhoff. I personally think this movie is never going to see the light of day...however, as much as I'd like to see a new Knight Rider movie, if it's not going to be 100% faithful to the series I'd rather it not be made. I've got no problem with Michael taking over the foundation in Devon's place (since Edward Mulhare died in '97, there's no way to bring Devon back) and training a new field operative. However, with such rumors as the studio not allowing KITT to talk, Uwe Boll directing (the horror), maybe this movie is better off NOT being made. Granted, the whole Uwe Boll directing thing was just a rumor posted by someone on IMDB, but if there was even a CHANCE of him directing, I'd say to axe the project immediately.

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:10 pm

It dose look intresting, if they evere get thier act together.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:58 am

Akaihiryuu wrote:This looks like the old info that IMDB had up about a year ago. All of that info has since been taken down...the ONLY cast member listed on IMDB now is David Hasselhoff. I personally think this movie is never going to see the light of day...however, as much as I'd like to see a new Knight Rider movie, if it's not going to be 100% faithful to the series I'd rather it not be made. I've got no problem with Michael taking over the foundation in Devon's place (since Edward Mulhare died in '97, there's no way to bring Devon back) and training a new field operative. However, with such rumors as the studio not allowing KITT to talk, Uwe Boll directing (the horror), maybe this movie is better off NOT being made. Granted, the whole Uwe Boll directing thing was just a rumor posted by someone on IMDB, but if there was even a CHANCE of him directing, I'd say to axe the project immediately.
Your very right all that info looks like the crap IMDB made up I have to say that story isn't true. When we get a decent messege about it we'll know of it we really should just get everyone from KRO to make the whole story.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"