If tv series was re-made..how u like it done?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Yetiii98
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If tv series was re-made..how u like it done?

Post by Yetiii98 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:27 am

Hi

was wondering if they remade Knight Rider, how would u like it done?
I been watching Battelstar Galactica and at first was a little wary of what it would be like as i loved the original. They changed the sex of Starbuck, it was a lot more dark and menacing than the original, but i love the way it is done, it has elements and storylines of the original mixed with new stuff.

So would u want it to be a exactremake with the humour etc of the original or more up to date and dark like battlestar for example....i like the idea of a darker episode with KITT and KARR!

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:11 pm

I'd like to see Trust Doesn't Rust, Kitt VS Karr and Junk Yard Dog as two-parters.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:29 pm

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:07 pm

I would like the show to have higher degree of maturity, but still keep some of the humor. Kitt's not Kitt without his wittiness and even in today's world a talking car would make for some pretty moments. The thing they could seriously do without is the damsels in distress. Not ever person that's in trouble happens to be a pretty young female that Michael can hookup with. :roll:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:13 pm

I would love to see KITT around again, but if they do a remake (or even a movie) I too would like to see it done keeping much to the original as possible, especially Michael's reparte' with KITT. :)

There was another thread on this something like BSG or something in the subject. The search isn't working so I can't find it offhand. :(

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:37 pm

I know that the F/X would be better. I would like to see KITT have more horsepowere to pull heavy objects. Give it the ability to have 4 wheel drive. I would also like to have kind of a foil/rival to KITT (epecialy if KITT has an ego trip).
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:16 pm

KARR would do the job quite well. :twisted:

fred
Volunteer

Post by fred » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:35 am

i'd like to see more care taken with continuity. The series suffered badly because of lack of it. Also a closer attention to detail would be good to ensure that the viewer did not see things such as the lump behind the drivers seat when KITT is in Auto Cruise and the round steering wheel seen in some episodes.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:58 am

I believe it would make for a better show if they did do it the way the
new Battlestar is being filmed. A bit darker, more serious tones and it
is basicly one LONG story. Each episode continues where the last left
off. The original Knight Rider just had random story lines and also
re-used actors all the time. That was stupid. Some within the same
season too! That and the re-use of locations all the time... Boring!

The show would be a hit with the good writing staff that Battlestar has
and decent, realistic stories as well. Truthfully, they wouldn't have
to change the car. I am sure the old kITT would work as well today.
Many are use to it, and there is nothing to stop them from updating
it during the run of the series.

That and getting them is far cheaper now adays than buying them new
off the lot when the show first aired.
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:08 am

I would also like to see KITT have a "Glass" cockpit as well as plasma or LDC viewscreens as well to update the technology. I'm sure the technology at the time of the old series would be outdated.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

Rossy
Rookie

Post by Rossy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:17 am

I would prefere to leave it intact the way it was made was of its time and the mistakes we notice these days didnt seem to Bother us in the 80s when first broardcasted.
i was just so happy to be watching it i didnt realise they used duplicate actors or poor models.I love to leave the Magical world of my Youth were it was thats what made it so special to me anyway.
BUT if i was to have any say on its remake it would have to have the original car with at least a couple of original actors/actress

xlwhellraiser
Volunteer

Post by xlwhellraiser » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:00 am

I am thinking of a 305 engine (established with 3rd gens) twin turboed. That way they don't need to have KITT be a turbine engine.
Second of all, you gotta have 82-92 Transam. Just the same car, cuz otherwise it wont be the same! Kitt is known as a thirdgen car, and for love of god let it be a thirdgen car.

I was reading of what car should be used in the new movie, and was really enraged that people were calling import cars in.
Seriously, would KITT be the same if it was in any other car than third gen transam???

So lets bring the 3rd gen transam, and kick some ass.
You know there are a lot of people who make these cars fast, and they are resufacing fast.

Late. :D
I do, therfore I am!

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:24 pm

A thought occured, say a re-made series was to use the original KITT, as in a Trans-am, what about if when KITT was destroyed as in the original series, they then upgraded him to eithera updated model of as trans-am designed especially for the show or a new car altogether, kind of passing the torch?

Would you likea new cast with cameo appearances from original cast, as in Battlestar Galactica.

Just a few more thoughts to add to the pot lol

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:How about like this....

http://www.kr2k.com/knight_rider/kr01_reborn.htm

:)

-Scott
I like that story, especially how it expands on details that Knight of the Phoenix left vague...but I don't like how they changed the cars. Make the cars the original cars (wouldn't bother me if Michael Long's car and KITT were 2002 T/A's instead of 1982's...just don't make them different cars entirely) and I'd be happy with it.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:58 am

I'd love KITT's AI to be upgraded so he wouldn't just sit there. eg JYD - he should have been able to figure out what was going to happen so he could have gotten out of the way of that forklift thing. Or even taken things into his own hands (you know what I mean) and microjam the forklift so he wouldn't get dumped into the acid pit.

That and the little nitpicks annoy me the most.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:31 am

Well, keep the humor intact, and for KITT to have Internet access.
Also, wouldn't it be fun for KITT to be an electric/hybrid car that wouldn't have to stop for gas, just a recharge every now and then?
Perhaps DH's character Michael Knight would head up FLAG---and teach the young whippersnappers how crimefighting ought to be done, too!

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:34 am

Thanks Akaihiryuu, aside from the new car change, I am glad you enjoyed the story :)

-Scott
Akaihiryuu wrote:
I like that story, especially how it expands on details that Knight of the Phoenix left vague...but I don't like how they changed the cars. Make the cars the original cars (wouldn't bother me if Michael Long's car and KITT were 2002 T/A's instead of 1982's...just don't make them different cars entirely) and I'd be happy with it.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:48 pm

I think it would have to be almost like the original. Just have a new guy and a updated TA. No other car other than a TA. I didn't like the way they did KITT in the tv movie, red is not his color...hehe.

kittknight1979
Rookie

Post by kittknight1979 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:20 am

I would like to see an episode with Devon's evil twin Damon.
Kitt, I need you!

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:32 pm

kittknight1979 wrote:I would like to see an episode with Devon's evil twin Damon.
Hmm...I think the evil twin thing has been played out enough as it is :)