viper tv show anyone like it

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

nbcviper
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

WHOA!!!

Post by nbcviper » Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:37 am

kick ass pictures! are those all you have? and i want to talk to you over msn, is that alright? my msn is thomas_cole96@hotmail.com
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:11 am

alas, that is the only pics I took, they were taken at the beginning of the 1st of the syndicated seasons. I added you to my MSN list, I hardly use it, I'm more a yahoo/aim kinda guy :)

Oh and I STILL have my Viper/MADD tshirt signed by Jeff and Heather (such a hottie, up close), even 10 years later :shock: . As for the cars, they gave a sweet demo on the silver car. They made the side pods pop out, and FIRE the 50cal machine guns (really rapid, small bursts of flames powered by a propane tank in the back), deployed both the front, and REAR (yes there are REAR ones) battering rams, the rear sliding panel that holds the drone, and the rear panel between the lights, that reveal a large machine gun, and smoke and or oil launchers, and the LARGE grapling hook. The red car is all 100% stock Dodge Viper RT/10 roadster. The 'Defender' is viper based, but has a custom tube frame which has a 2-3" LONGER wheelbase than the roadster. The Defender is powered by the same 8.0 400hp V10 as the roadster, ditto the 6speed tranny. But what most people DON'T know is the stunt cars were powred by 5.8 (360 cube for the non metric guys) V8 and auto trannys. The 4x4 Defender was based on a extended cab, short bed DAKOTA chasis, also powred by a 5.8 V8.
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

kitt34
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt34 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 pm

I Hope one day there will be a big screen version of this show.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:23 am

Yeh i quite liked viper as well.. I had a mate over the other day and we were talking about the viper show. He was rapped when i brought out my VHS tape of it!

I too, like many other people i'm sure, hope that it comes out on DVD. We only got the first and maybe a small amount of the second season here in australia. :(

AP

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:34 am

I have a few episodes from the last season on VHS stored around here somewhere. Oh, man! What a great theme from the last season, also!!

I liked the syndicated version better than the NBC version. :shock:
Why?
The way the car changed from the street version to the Defender was somewhat more realistic in the syndicated version. The NBC version had the street car change with all these little hexagon-shaped pieces all over the body. The syndicated version looked like something out of Transformers.

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:48 am

kitt34 wrote:I Hope one day there will be a big screen version of this show.
dout it kr isnt even out or made yet .

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:47 pm

Here's a scan from an old TV Guide ad I had that compares Viper to Knight Rider:

Joe

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for the TV Guide review Joe... I think the critic was a bit harsh, because he was missing one important think: It was cool watching the car morph. To this day I still have no idea why it needed to morph in the first place, but it was cool to see. Unfortunately, the show sort of suffered from Incredible Hulk syndrome: the only parts worth watching were the action scenes at 24 minutes and 47 minutes after the hour (like clockwork :) )

I believe the reason why Knight Rider was so poular and why it ages well compared with other shows can be summed up in one word: Charm. Knight Rider had it; Viper did not.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:29 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Unfortunately, the show sort of suffered from Incredible Hulk syndrome: the only parts worth watching were the action scenes at 24 minutes and 47 minutes after the hour (like clockwork :)
I'll have to agree there. I remember getting excited for the show and always feeling by the end of each episode that it was more like a tease. The car itself is awesome, at least in terms of looks, but I remember getting annoyed that most of the time all it did was have its side extensions pop out. I'll admit the Defender is cooler-looking than K.I.T.T. (in my opinion), but at the end of the day K.I.T.T. comes out at the top.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

nbcviper
Rookie

... wow

Post by nbcviper » Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:36 pm

:shock: that guys a real assh**e :evil: ..... Viper is a car show, that critic must like show tunes or something.... yeah see you have to like cars and the actors to like this show...
the day after tomorrow, NBCVIPER

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:55 am

I remember reading an article from finnish car magazine sometime in the 90's, probably about Detroit carshow, where they showed a pic of Viper and the text above it mentioned something like "this is the car from new tv show, similar to Knight Rider". I was always looking forward to actually see the tv show but I don't think it ever aired on finnish tv.

-KITTfan-