What happens to KITT between KR2000 and TKR

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What happens to KITT between KR2000 and TKR

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:55 am

What do you think happens to KITT between the ending of KR2000 and the the start of TKR? Well we all know The Shadow in TKR is KITT, but what I mean is how did he become that way? And what ever happened between his and Shawn's partnership after the conclusion to KR2000? I just finished watching KR2000 again today and I was thinking after watching it, what happens next.
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:44 am

Actually, Team Knight Rider took place in 1997-98; Knight Rider 2000 took place in the year 2000. You could probably come up with a plausible storyline as to how KITT went from the globe that Mobius stole in "Legion of Doom" to a pile of parts that Michael assembled into his 57 Chevy in KR2000. The only problem: KITT states in KR2000 that he was "kept in mothballs for nearly a decade". Since there's only 2 years between TKR and KR2000, that would be a problem.

Joe

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:45 pm

what do u mean :?: kr 2000 was 1991 tkr was 1997
6 years apart not 2 :?

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:55 pm

KRFAN wrote:what do u mean :?: kr 2000 was 1991 tkr was 1997
6 years apart not 2 :?
KR 2000 takes place in the year 2000.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:55 pm

The KR2000 movie was made in 1991 yes... But the story was not taking place in 1991, the story was taking place in the year 2000. TKR however did not ever mention that it was taking place in the future... so that means the story was taking place in 1997 too. I hope this clears the situation a bit.

KRFAN
Operative

Post by KRFAN » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:58 pm

ya does was just confused :)

MissKnightly
Stranger

Post by MissKnightly » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:10 pm

It's been years snce TKR has been aired over here.

So might you forgive me if I ask you about this misterious "Shadow" who's suposed to be KITT in the TKR series?

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:05 pm

Basically, KR2000 is not considered canon. Glen Larson was not involved in the production of it. It's good to the extent that it does have Michael, KITT, and Devon in it, but it doesn't really fit in the KR plotline at all, and the story is not KR material. Glen Larson actually was involved in TKR to a small extent (at least in some episodes)...so I think they're basically saying that KR2000 didn't happen.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 pm

I actually consider Knight Rider 2000 canon and Team Knight Rider an alternate side story. Yes, TKR takes place before KR2K, but I have a harder time believing that K.I.T.T. became some silly mystical orb than being dismantled and placed in moth balls. If it weren't for the discrepancies in the stories between the series and the movie, it would be a lot easier to consider them both in the same universe.

Glen Larson wasn't directly involved with Knight Rider after the first 13 episodes or so (if I remember correctly), so does that mean the rest of the series doesn't count? Going by that logic, does any movie sequel, like Terminator 3: Rise Of the Machines, for example, count as canon even though James Cameron no longer was involved?

KR2K at least had most of the original main characters in it, and was the most logical extrapolation after the end of the series (in my opinion). If Hasselhoff or William Daniels were in TKR, I'd at least be a little more open-minded to counting it as canon. Sure, the movie missed the point of the series, and I'll be the first to agree with the next guy that it should have been more fun and exciting, but I still count it.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

black knight2000
Operative

Post by black knight2000 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:29 pm

kr 2000 killed off the show big time didnt even rate here in oz just was not the same sorry to say
allways loved knight rider

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:06 pm

i hate the way so much how Michael just wants to fish he has so much more he could do and he WANTED TO FISH!!!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:58 am

He enjoyed fishing :D

Though did it ever say he enjoyed fishing in the series? Cause I'm certainly sure he didn't say that he wanted to own a Chevy either, I could be wrong though?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:23 pm

AtariKnight wrote:He enjoyed fishing :D

Though did it ever say he enjoyed fishing in the series? Cause I'm certainly sure he didn't say that he wanted to own a Chevy either, I could be wrong though?
Actually what's really weird is that in A Good Day at White Rock he says he never really cared for fishing but when we see him in Short Notice he's just coming back from a fishing trip. :? About the Chevy, I'm not sure if he ever mentioned not wanting to own one. I do know he said he did in Forget Me Not when he was talking about crusing buger joints.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:38 am

LadyV2000 wrote:

Actually what's really weird is that in A Good Day at White Rock he says he never really cared for fishing but when we see him in Short Notice he's just coming back from a fishing trip. :? About the Chevy, I'm not sure if he ever mentioned not wanting to own one. I do know he said he did in Forget Me Not when he was talking about crusing buger joints.

Michael did mention a 56' chevy! :wink:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:40 pm

I wonder what made Michael so "burnt out", so he left FLAG. Was it the death of Stephanie? Another thing is, why couldn't Devon get a new pilot for Kitt? Okay, Kitt would have had problems adapting to a new partner, but he could do it with Shawn, so I don't really understand FLAG's decision when dismantling Kitt and not letting the Knight 2000 project to continue.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:57 pm

Good point. In reality, they would have to repeat the transformation of someone like Michael again.

ryytel
Operative

Post by ryytel » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:49 am

I think he was destroyed then builded again but then if they rebuilded him hi wasnt kitt nomore he is kro so i think his destroyed
Knight Rider "Trust Doesnt Rust"

K.A.R.R. : Do you wish to drive, or shall I.

Tony : Go ahead.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:08 pm

Glen Larson had absolutely nothing to do with Team Knight Rider, he told me that when I chatted with him in 2002. He is listed as "Executive Producer" of TKR only because he created the original and I believe it was part of his deal. The TKR producers sent a copy of the pilot script to Larson out of courtesy, but that's as far as it went.

Joe

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:05 pm

sheltonw3 wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:

Michael did mention a 56' chevy! :wink:
Took the words right out of my mouth he did come back from a fishing trip and he also said he used to cruise hamburger joints in his old chevy. If the foundation didn't need KITT why didn't michael just take him and use him as a "recreational" vehicle and besides he was a friend he just ditched him. I HATE THAT KR2000 MICHAEL HE DESERVES TO BE LEFT IN THE GARAGE FOR 10 YEARS. And where the hell did that red light that looked like an eye for KITT to see through come from he never had that unless it was the infared scanning thing or something. "END RANT"
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"