What do you want in the movie? 3rd gen, 4th gen, or non T/A.

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

What vehicle do you want in the new KR movie?

3rd Gen (82-92) - The original 80's car is best.
62%
4th Gen KITT (93-02) - Round is the future, square is the past.
31%
Other - The T/A line is old and dead, use a REAL new car.
7%

Total votes: 45

James_kr
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by James_kr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:58 am

BlazeFox wrote: If Dave makes the film only for we who're already fans of the series then it won't bring in any money or new fans.
And to say he should only do the movie for us and not the new kids is mean and selfish.
Yeah but I just started watching the show a few months back and fell in love with it if people see a movie with the same car, voice and actors as close as they can get it they will watch the series. Also I hope they don't use too much cgi it also needs to keep the touch tone sound effects if they put in some new computery weird sound effect like I hear on lots of movies now it will look less realistic like in movies where people answer there phones and it sounds like they are opening this weird computer.
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

xlwhellraiser
Volunteer

Post by xlwhellraiser » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:57 am

Alright I just came across this thread, and had to respond... so... a BUMP is in order.

Anyways, I have to agree with KITT being 80's trans/am. KITT is 80's trans/am! Thats it! If he is a fourth gen, or any other car it just wont be the same. It will feel like universal (or whoever makes the movie) is trying to market this to younger people, but they could care less about Knight Rider. Really, I know there are some young people who like Knight Rider, but many older fans wont relate.

You have to remember that KITT was way ahead of its time. When Michael comes back Kitt would be rivaled by many cars. So he gets an update, just like everybody is doing to thirdgens now. Than KITT kicks everybodys ass.

Also, with all do respect to fourth gen dudes, there are way too many fourth gens, and they are really not that special (YET). There is an aura to the third gens that really pulls them out of just another car on the street.

IMO>
I do, therfore I am!

Captain Nguyen
Recruit

Post by Captain Nguyen » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:18 am

I prefer 3rd Gen trans am

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:10 am

The solution is easy. Have both. Have KITT start out with Michael as the driver, classic KITT (maybe with some upgrades and indicate that some time has passed since the series). Maybe show a "time lapse" at the beginning to show that Michael and KITT have continued working all those years. Have Michael be training a replacement, and something happens that gets KITT damaged, and indicate that he needs upgrades to still be competitive. Then do a Junkyard Dog type time lapse where KITT is rebuilt and upgraded, and conveniently have him be a 2000+ Trans Am. That wouldn't be any more difficult for the Foundation than rebuilding him during Knight of the Juggernaut was. Have Michael take over Devon's old role and formally introduce the new upgraded KITT to the new driver and have him take over. That way KITT could be a 4th gen Trans Am and still be KITT. Even have Michael make a comment that how much more advanced KITT is now than he was before. Best of both worlds.

xlwhellraiser
Volunteer

Post by xlwhellraiser » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:11 pm

Fourth gens have a reputation for snotty drivers. (Not all, and I do own one). It just that KITT was always above other cars and years ahead of any cars in the 80's.

You can start with FLAG coming back up, and Michael Knight is coming back from Germany( :D ). He finds a fourth gen (or fifth gen) trans-am sitting there.
He likes it, but its not KITT. Its ... I dont know just make up a name.

At first he does not like it, but he gets over it.
Than at one point the car turns on Michael and it turns into KARR! They put in a wrong CPU in it.
Than KITT saves Michael right before KARR gets him.
KITT was waken up by Bonie, since FLAG turned evil.
KITT is still 82 TA, and needs upgrades, but valiantly defeats KARR and they overtake FLAG, with Miles dead!
I do, therfore I am!

Major Ursa
Operative

Post by Major Ursa » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:20 am

I would say that the fourth gen if more futuristic. I could have done better that the Dodge used in KR 2000. But the 3rd gen should be the choise if there's any left.
"Oh I just went to any Pontiac dealer and asked for the Trans Am with the James Bond option package." - Micro Knutt, Knutt Rider(A Mad Magazine parody of Knight Rider)

kittknight1979
Rookie

Post by kittknight1979 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:23 am

Definitely the original. It just wouldnt be Knight Rider without it!
Kitt, I need you!