Hasselhoff on the Radio - Movie News!!!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Lyn
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lyn » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:01 am

I think D. Hasselhoff should still be a crimefighter with KITT in the "Knight Rider" movie to help his character's son in the field and show him the ropes alongside KITT, not just be on the sidelines like a Devon kind of character, since I don't think it's Michael's style to just sit at a desk all day!
Sheesh, gimme a break on that one!

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:06 am

KI2000 wrote:I can't really figure out why most of the people over here want to see a new KITT.
I liked the "old" one just they way it was!

My view on the movie: make it the old KITT, put David behind the wheel, mix in the same humour as before, and it will be a hit!
Couldn't agree more!

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:33 am

I kind of like the KITT and Micheal "Saves The Day" idea, It reminds me of the "Trouble Ridden Prototype" quote from Trust Dosen't Rust.

This is How I see it;

FLAG is ressurected and there's a new project car in the works, Meanwhile, Micheal is offered the chairman's position and is grooming his son as the new projects driver (Even though his son is originally against the idea).

Some big crime goes down and the new hope (And Driver) is rushed into action, Unfortuantely something goes terribly wrong with the new car and Micheal fearing for his son, Rolls a neglected KITT out of retirement, After some fond hellos and a bit of a service, Micheal and KITT head off to save Micheal's son.

I know, It might be KR2000 all over again, But it would make a good story, If handled right?

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:41 am

I'd prefer this if there is a son taking over Michaels role and a new car....

Michael and KITT have been given the task of training the next generation of crime fighters - his eager son and some new car. By having an eager son it allows Michael to be playing Devon's type of role better as he will be a little cautious after all, it's his son at risk. The eagerness will probably land his son in trouble at some point and the reliable Michael and KITT can save the day.

Basically, i'm just trying to ensure that Michael + KITT stay as main characters in the film and are not pushed out by his son.
A problem is that it'd make way for his son to have the title role if there were to be a series, which i wouldnt like but the producers may as it helps continue their franchaise.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:03 pm

neps wrote:Any word if they are bringing back the F line on Pontiac? I thought they took it off and were going to bring it back at some point? Would be a great way to reintroduce it, much like the new GTO.
Supposedly, the replacement for the Camaro will be debuted at next year's Auto Show. Many times Bob Lutz has stated "Firebird is Dead!" leaving the GTO if the producers stick with Pontiac.

However, some people wonder if the GTO will die after a few years.

hhmmm, wondering if Hasselhoff would try and deal with GM to use the F-Body's replacement for the movie. The timing might just be right.

Only time will tell I guess.

krfan1

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:02 pm

Actually, there IS a rumor that Pontiac is bringing the Firebird back in 2007 or 2008. Also they supposedly are redesigning the GTO. They better go more retro because right now the GTO is not a GTO but a jellybean in the worst proportions! :( I HATED when they made a totally different car and called it the "GTO" without any consideration for the original classic!

Anyway, whether they come out with a new Firebird or not remains to be seen, as does the body style. Some are saying it will mirror the Eclipse. I just hope they don't Jellybean it! Maybe a similar style to 2000 formula or something, with the more KITT-ish nose, hopefully, and not as rounded as the other jellybeans out on the road today.

Yes, I hate jellybeans!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:28 pm

Well, we just got a GTO and, for the record, it's AWESOME.

Anyway, I agree with you guys mostly., except that I don't knwo why FLAG is being resurrected; it never closed. Seeing as I want them to ignore KR2000 entirely, they could make the movie happen immediately following Devon's death (makign a new death for him, of course). But other than that, I like your idea, Wizster
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:53 pm

Cloudkitt - that is not a GTO. Pontiac calls it a GTO but it's not the same legendary car - it doesn't even follow the GTO tradition. HERE is a GTO: :)

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars ... ures.shtml

At least, the way I remembered them.

Edit: GTO condition = GTO tradition.
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:17 pm

Pontiac says they are not going to go retro on for the redesign.

I havn't been in a new GTO, but I hear they are awesome cars

Remember, the original KITT did not stick out aside from the scanner.

krfan1

LSQ9S6
Volunteer

Post by LSQ9S6 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:16 am

krfan1 wrote:Pontiac says they are not going to go retro on for the redesign.
Remember, the original KITT did not stick out aside from the scanner.
krfan1
I think that is not true or people would not need to spend so much time customizing the car. The differences were subtle, which in my opinion is what makes KITT timeless unlike other design ideas. While it was a Pontiac, KITT was not usually referred to as a certain brand of car. Again, I believe any other car but KITT will fail just like Knight Rider 2000.
Also, as KR2K proves, trying to "modernize" the looks only dates a movie (Season 4 already shows a trend into that direction). In comparison to the original KITT, the red car looked like cheap crap and so will any car for that matter if it is supposed to be Knight Rider with a strategy like this.
My wish for a movie, bring back the original crew (sadly without Devon though a murder plot could pay tribute to him) and a regular KR story...