New Knight Rider Movie!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

New Knight Rider Movie!

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:13 am

Hi guy's!

I read the info about the new Knight Rider movie and noticed that David is going to play the "father of a teenager". I just wanted to know what you think about that statement. Personally I think it sux... I mean, David is supposed to be Michael Knight!!! Nobody should ever replace him and SPECIALLY not a dumb teenager! What's the problem of having David as the crimefighter? They were also talking about reviving Edward Mulhare by a hologram, not in this article, though. I'm not sure whether it's true, however I really don't care if they are to replace Edward Mulhare, because he has after all left us and replcing him by a hologram would just make a bad movie! And as well as that Edward dies in the Knight Rider 2000 movie. Wouldn't it be strange if he were to do another apperiance? I mean people know's that Edward died in Knight Rider 2000, if he were to do another apperiance people would be confused, don't you think?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Re: New Knight Rider Movie!

Post by Wizster » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:55 am

Knight-Armen wrote: What's the problem of having David as the crimefighter?
Nothing in my eyes, I'd prefer him to be the crimefighter-figure. I don't think it's a good idea to bring Edward Mulhare back, simply because he's passed away and they wouldn't be able to get it realistic enough.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:20 am

Indeed it's wrong to have Devon back in the movie as a hologram. It would have been rude as well.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:54 pm

The "Devon as hologram" idea was an old concept back when Hasselhoff was trying to bring back Knight Rider as a TV show. It was nothing more than that - an idea. I suppose it could make it into the movie, but I don't think we have any reason to worry about it.

Hasselhoff is smart: He knew that as he started getting older, he had to cut back his shirtless action-hero roles on Baywatch and let the younger guys take over. Michael Knight may not run around in a speedo, but if the movie is to attract a new generation of fans, it will definitely help having someone younger on board. (Hopefully in their 20s and not a true teenager though!)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:31 pm

I was afraid of that! I mean, what if they are going to replace Hasselhoff with Leonardo Di Caprio or someone similar to Caprio. It would be the worst thing that they could do! I want Hasselhoff behind the wheel. Not an dumb alcoholic teenager who has no limits! If they want to replace all characters then they might as well cancel the production. Just use your calm and sense. What happened when they aired Knight Rider 2000 after the 4 Seasons from the 80's. People got pissed off!!! They screwed up the whole Knight Rider feeling. I don't want them to do the same mistake twice.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:14 pm

All this talk about needing younger people is making me feel old and left out. :lol: