Ringtone?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ad227529
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ringtone?

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 24, 2005 1:08 pm

i have a VI-2300 by Sanyo® with Sprint and i was wondering if anyone can send me the KR polyphonic ringtone...

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Tue May 24, 2005 3:45 pm

Search the web for "midi Knight Rider theme". You'll get it... :wink:
Navig

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Tue May 24, 2005 6:28 pm

How about for a LVG type phone?

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Tue May 24, 2005 8:57 pm

i have an lg phone from verizion and it has a feature where you could record a voice memo. well i took it a step further and played one of my fav. themes (knight rider of course) and recorded it. I now have it set as my ringer!! if you have this phone and would like a more detailed description on how to do it just pm me and i would love to help out a fellow knight rider fan!

Note: ignore the link i didnt put it there
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am

there are a couple of threads on this forum (remember search is your friend) that talk about the knight rider ringtones. one such thread also has links to mid files that you can download (http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... hp?p=51131)

also, you might want to check through your provider and purchase the ringtone from them. Most carriers have them, it's just a question of if your phone supports it, and since there are many phones out there it's hard to say exactly whos will work and whos wont.

TimmyZ1
Volunteer

Post by TimmyZ1 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:40 am

I have Verizon and I downloaded several including KR and it was 2.99 a month plus a one time fee to download

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Wed May 25, 2005 6:18 pm

neps wrote:there are a couple of threads on this forum (remember search is your friend) that talk about the knight rider ringtones. one such thread also has links to mid files that you can download (http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... hp?p=51131)

also, you might want to check through your provider and purchase the ringtone from them. Most carriers have them, it's just a question of if your phone supports it, and since there are many phones out there it's hard to say exactly whos will work and whos wont.
yeah, sprint doesnt have dick. and i think they are only good for 90 days. which is retarded. remember the good old days of one note after another ringtones that were yours forever?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed May 25, 2005 7:01 pm

I have a Nokia 5125 and TracFone Prepaid Wireless service. I get the free voice mail, text messaging at .5 units, 1 unit = 1 minute local, 2 units = 1 minute roaming (though I never use roaming), free 911, and a limited selection of pre-programmed ring tones. There's about 4 or 5 "Personal" ring tones but I can't select any of them. So I assume special ring tones aren't available on my phone.

I wish I had money to upgrade. :( Mine would definitely be the KR theme! :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:07 pm

I got a Samsung picture phone (not sure what model) from Verizon that has Get It Now. That's where I downloaded my Knight Rider ringtone. I also have a background of KITT that I just took a picture of from my PC. It sure beats paying for them. The only thing I wish my phone was capable of is recording memos and using them as ringtones. Then I would have the true tone of the theme, but I still like my polyphonic one nonetheless. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:21 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:I got a Samsung picture phone (not sure what model) from Verizon that has Get It Now. That's where I downloaded my Knight Rider ringtone. I also have a background of KITT that I just took a picture of from my PC. It sure beats paying for them. The only thing I wish my phone was capable of is recording memos and using them as ringtones. Then I would have the true tone of the theme, but I still like my polyphonic one nonetheless. :D
i did the same! i got the ringtone from the link neps gave and i have my computer desktop that i made in phototshop as my phone desktop.

we're such nerd : )

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu May 26, 2005 1:11 am

I just learned how to get a ring tone into my phone, and got the KR one in! :) You can get a shortened version with the free demo of the software found here:

http://www.tamingthebeast.net/ringtones ... verter.htm

The full version is $18.95, and let's you do the whole tone.

What one has to do on a Nokia 5125 is to send the code as an SMS (text) message to yourself. The phone will recieve it in like a few minutes or so. Then it will say "ringtone recieved" and let you save it. Then go into My Tones in your phone menus and pick that one for your phone.

The software has the Knight Rider one listed in TV/Movies category! :)

Dude, I'm SO happy! I got a KR T-shirt, KR mix CDs I made and now a KR ring tone for my phone! That rules! :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu May 26, 2005 2:11 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I just learned how to get a ring tone into my phone, and got the KR one in! :) You can get a shortened version with the free demo of the software found here:

http://www.tamingthebeast.net/ringtones ... verter.htm

The full version is $18.95, and let's you do the whole tone.

What one has to do on a Nokia 5125 is to send the code as an SMS (text) message to yourself. The phone will recieve it in like a few minutes or so. Then it will say "ringtone recieved" and let you save it. Then go into My Tones in your phone menus and pick that one for your phone.

The software has the Knight Rider one listed in TV/Movies category! :)

Dude, I'm SO happy! I got a KR T-shirt, KR mix CDs I made and now a KR ring tone for my phone! That rules! :)
Hey that rocks that you finally got the KR ringtone! Now your phone is complete. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu May 26, 2005 6:19 pm

My phone supports mp3 so what any knight rider fan would do, i sent the entire knight rider pilot theme to my phone from the pc and i now have that as my ringtone and when i get a text message ive used a double loop of KITT's scanner, its all good !

Scott

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu May 26, 2005 7:06 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:Hey that rocks that you finally got the KR ringtone! Now your phone is complete. :D
Yup! :) They even have a Vivaldi one! I typed it in late at night twice last night and it didn't work though. :( I may try again tonight. You know how much KITT loves Vivaldi. ;)
Newcastle knight wrote:My phone supports mp3 so what any knight rider fan would do, i sent the entire knight rider pilot theme to my phone from the pc and i now have that as my ringtone and when i get a text message ive used a double loop of KITT's scanner, its all good !
If my phone did MP3's, I'd use the first part of Toni Numella's KR theme she recently did. ;) THAT rocks!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu May 26, 2005 10:22 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:If my phone did MP3's, I'd use the first part of Toni Numella's KR theme she recently did. ;) THAT rocks!
My Nokia 3650 supports MP3 but the package doesn't include a computer attachment (infra-red or bluetooth). I have to buy it separately in a computer store. But I agree having the MP3 capability on a cellphone opens up the opportunity to hear great tracks when it is ringing (ow when someone sends you a text message).

On a side note, Toni Numella is a guy...right Toni? :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri May 27, 2005 10:15 am

OOps. :oops: Sorry about that - especially to Toni! :oops: