Post your Season 2 Reviews here

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:51 pm

They fixed up the season 2 episodes in more ways then one.The episode White Line Warriors for starters has the scene where kitt michael and Ron have a discussion after the explosion that nearly killed Michael.On ever television broadcast I have had recorded you can see when Michael asks kitt were we followed? his answer is no Michael.The mod does not show his 3 led voicebox flash.It just shows it off while being said in the background.On the dvd it shows it flash.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:03 am

Just received the DVD today...

I must add though that while watching the Goliath episode, there was a lot of skipping especially in the first 30 minutes of the episode... I wonder how the other episodes will be like.. Anyone else experienced the same problem?

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:21 pm

I got mine yesterday...I thought I was in trouble when I opened the case for disc 1 and the disc popped right into my hand, not secured in it's little spindle. I saw what appeared to be a ton of small scratches and marks on Side A. I cleaned it and they all but one came off, the one left looked to be a fairly sizeable scratch, but when I tried the disc it played flawlessly, so as long as the rest of the set does I'll live with it.

I have to say, picture and sound quality is awesome. It's almost as though it was filmed recently, not twenty-some years ago.

I haven't seen good-quality season 2 for a LONG time, so it was really nice to see April back; despite being a staunch Bonnie fan I find myself wondering if the show might have been better had April been around for seasons 3/4. She seemed to care far more for Michael than Bonnie did, and she seemed more of a "character" and less of a robot than Bonnie does in season 1.

My only complaint (as others have said) is that there are no special features (things like NBC's original promo commercials would have been good) and the Universal logo at the beginning is a little unnecessary. Plus, call me pedantic, but I also don't like the web address at the bottom of it. That just seems wrong being featured on a show from the 1980s, even one concerning a supercomputer.

Overall though, as long as my discs stay good, 10/10.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:22 pm

I think the 2nd season of "Knight Rider" is, at times, more dramatic and suspenseful as indicated in the whole episodes on DVD.
Does anyone else notice that? Just asking......

bddotnet
Recruit

Post by bddotnet » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:49 pm

I just bought Season 2 and watched Goliath and Goliath Returns. I am going to start with Disc 1 and watch the entire 3 disc set this week. I can't wait!
Bobby Duncan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
http://www.bobbyduncan.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Pardon my expression, but he does have a few screws loose!"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon May 09, 2005 7:51 am

Found another review for the Season 2 set:

http://chud.com/dvd/2837

Mostly positive, although I don't agree with the whole argument about picture and sound quality (how closely was the guy watching???)

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Mon May 09, 2005 9:01 am

Yep, they gave a "3 out of 10".
I still haven't the Season 2 Box. Is the music and picture quality different fromt the Season One Box?
Navig

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Mon May 09, 2005 9:14 am

Knightuser wrote:Yep, they gave a "3 out of 10".
I still haven't the Season 2 Box. Is the music and picture quality different fromt the Season One Box?
In my opinion, i find that the picture and sound quality is as good as that from the season 1 DVD.. I give the DVD 8/10..

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 09, 2005 9:37 am

Knightuser wrote:Yep, they gave a "3 out of 10".
I completely agree with them on this one. The quality sucks, people! I know we're all enthusiastic because our favorite show is on DVD, but Universal really did not do a good job with the transfers. This is why I suspect the episodes are so dark. Rather than digitally re-master the film, they seem to have slightly tweaked it and made them as dark as possible (presumably to camouflage the mediocre transfer job they did).

I began watching the set with "Goliath" (as I wanted to watch the episodes in their original order), and immediately saw "snow" and seemingly low-res shots all over the place from virtually the very first shot. Yes, this is the best quality available. Yes, it beats VHS (but at least VHS has the true color of the episodes) and yes, it beats syndication. That doesn't mean it's a good job; it means it's a notch above what preceeded, which isn't saying much. Still, it's enjoyable, but I look at it in terms of the bigger picture.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Tue May 10, 2005 8:07 am

I don't see any difference in terms of picture quality compared to the season 1 dvd.. I find them very nicely done.. Why does it seem like it is just me?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue May 10, 2005 3:38 pm

Just to be clear, I think the same goes for Season 1 in terms of effort with the video transfers. I don't think it's just you, imranbecks, that thinks the quality is good; I think it's just me who thinks it's mediocre. Again, good compared to what we're used to, mediocre in terms of standard DVD quality.

knightrules
Volunteer

Post by knightrules » Wed May 11, 2005 12:47 pm

Lost Knight wrote:Just to be clear, I think the same goes for Season 1 in terms of effort with the video transfers. I don't think it's just you, imranbecks, that thinks the quality is good; I think it's just me who thinks it's mediocre. Again, good compared to what we're used to, mediocre in terms of standard DVD quality.

I have been sneaking peeks at my Season 2 and 3 VHS copies (all SP, High Grade tapes, HI-FI broadcasts) and these DVDs (Seasons 1 and 2) despite not being remastered BLOWS them away. Especially the clarity of the sound.

VHS (taped from broadcas TV) CANNOT be compared to DVDs.

Sure I would like to see them remastered, but am happy to have Knight Rider on DVD (then not at all) at an affordable price.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed May 11, 2005 2:14 pm

There's nothing wrong with the pic quality.

It blows the VHS transfers out of the water.

Colours are vibrant, picture is clear and sharp...and it does live up to dvd standards, IMO.

As for episodes being too dark, check your pic settings.

There was one episode in particular that I heard a noticeable problem with in terms of the sound....Diamonds arent a girls best Friend...sounds effects seemed muted and quieter than usual.

But I am guessing that's due to the stock tape than anything else.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat May 14, 2005 2:37 pm

My pic setting and eyes are fine, thank you.