Starlog conspiracy

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Starlog conspiracy

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:48 pm

Starlog Magazine sells back issues though its website. Of the first 100 issues, they are missing only one: #79. And which one is that? The one with cover story on Knight Rider.

Does this mean that issue was so popular they no longer have any copies left? I doubt it, but it's a nice thought.

http://www.starlog.com/store/landing.php?&id=1&start=75
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:28 pm

i wouldn't doubt it michael, knight rider fans are ravenous! lol! my mate found out when she tried to auction for something for me online lol. but yeh i would say that a combination of what's in it about kr and whatever else will be the reason, a lot of the early issues of tv zone that featured dr.who have sold out and all the recent stargate specials are impossible to track down lol. dont think its a conspiracy ;) think about how rare knight rider is a cover story these days!!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:57 am

I'm surprised they actually have back episodes from so long ago. You could just blame it on age.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:45 am

neps wrote:I'm surprised they actually have back episodes from so long ago. You could just blame it on age.
tv zone is another magazine that has covered kr in the past, its a monthly magazine dedicated to cult tv, which kr falls into these days. apart from the occassional mention in letters pages and small news snips it has also featured in a "fantasy flashback" feature, as has airwolf (i have said issue). i dont have the kr issue as this was before i started collecting it but iv just ordered it today from back issues (tv zone is currectly on issue 184 and the feature is in issue 56) i'l let you know when it arrives :D
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

winwolf07
Volunteer

Post by winwolf07 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:34 pm

Just wondering... this might be a copyright issue, but is there a way maybe we could get some scans of some of the interviews, etc?? If not, it's understandable, but if so, IMO it'd be a great addition.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:33 pm

winwolf07 wrote:Just wondering... this might be a copyright issue, but is there a way maybe we could get some scans of some of the interviews, etc?? If not, it's understandable, but if so, IMO it'd be a great addition.
im putting together the first stages of a new site at the mo, but depending on when i get the issue of tv zone (ie. a good bit before im ready to put it up) i may scan it in and send it to neil, if he'd like it, of course ;)

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:19 am

That TV Zone article (and the Starlog feature) are available to read at the Knight Rider Archive. Check the articles section.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com