What would the knight rider sound track of today be like any

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

shadow knight
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by shadow knight » Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:43 am

Hi
I want to put together a kr soundtrack of today .But I need suggestions of what that modernised soundtrack would soundlike.Does anyone have suggestions of what Hiphop,Rap,Techno,Metal,pop rock,etc songs or tunes that would be relatable and appropriate for this little project. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
If were going to go through with this will you allow me to activate the turbo boost."The what"nevermind allow me to demonstrate.

Catt of the Garage
Volunteer

Post by Catt of the Garage » Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:21 am

I seem to remember this coming up once before, and by far the best suggestion imho was to include "pretty fly for a white guy" as a sort of theme-tune for Michael. Can't remember whose idea it was, but I thought it was rather appropriate.

Catt

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:01 am

I would say just make a new remake of the KR theme to Modern Rock; like how the original Mission Impossible soundtrack evolved into the soundtracks for MI:1 and MI:2.

Karrs_Shadow
Volunteer

Post by Karrs_Shadow » Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:18 pm

or...*this is completely off the wall* for a chase scene or something, you could get a techno/style remix of the original theme music for KR and have some lyrics thrown in by Xzibit or Dre. Then you'd have to have something like "Rollin" from Limp Bizkit, i know it was on F&F but it's an awsome song.

If you wanted to slow it down some, "In the End" from Linkin Park, and "Youth of the Nation" from POD.

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] just my 2 cents worth!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:52 am

I thought this thread deserved another chance at life. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I still don't have any answers, but maybe you all do. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:07 am

I wouldn't go with any rap, R & B, or anything like that. Ick!
Maybe Chad Kroger, Huey Lewis and the News, David Hasselhoff himself, Don Peke, and, let's not forget a great score, done by: Danny Elfman, Stu Phillips, and Don Peke!

Yeah!

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:37 am

Depending on the tone of the film, we will not know what the soundtrack will be like.

If it's a fast paced, hard action film like Fast and the Furious, then metal could be involved along with some punk.

If it turns out to be a gentle film then it will employ gentle music.

Romantic movies have love songs on the ST.

So, you see where i am getting at.

I do imagine KR obviously to be a action movie so i imagine some metal will be involved...

but to be honest, i would prefer it to concentrate on it's musical score's rather than songs. that's what I think fits KR.

Skav

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Sat Aug 24, 2002 4:30 pm

I would have to go along with Skav here on this one. If the movie is going to be along the lines of the "Fast and the Furious," or "xXx," then it needs to have songs from a variety of artist.For example,a good action scene song be "High Energy" from Linkin Park,or "Goodbye(Nice to know you)," by Incubus.For the slower scenes,I would pick a low-tempo song from either the R&B,rock,or alternative genres(sorry MikeKnight). Just don't put no Country music in there will ya'? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:07 pm

Techno music, definately. "Knight Rider" is technological based (KITT the computerized talking car with advanced for it's time technology). The theme song was pretty much the original techno song before there was any music known as techno (do you remember any other song that was fully techno or had a large portion of techno involved BEFORE "Knight Rider"?). What you'd need is songs that are techno based. Artists like Moby, Fatboy Slim, Iio, Paul Oakenfield and BT. Also various artists who use a portion of techno in their songs, like Linkin Park (even though they use both rock and techno). Of course, that's just my opinion.

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:03 am

Guitars, bass and drum set. Possibly a violin. Nuff said.

Jayn
Volunteer

Post by Jayn » Sun Aug 25, 2002 12:58 am

Personally I'll gather some of the songs that they played during the episodes and put them on a CD. That's what I'd do, I think that 'd be cool!

Jay

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:28 am

actually, i am agreeing with you here Code Breaker. Never thought of it like that. In that genre anyway. It would fit it perfectly. Well done! I can't imagine music that would be more perfect than techno, really.

but i am being realistic here, and since it maybe a major motion picture, they will probably employ the usual heavy metal/punk or industrial music just like in so many of today's ST for eg, jason x or scorpion king.

i just hope they release an alternate score soundtrack too! it can be done just like they did with the crow movies. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:37 pm

Of course, that now begs the question of: which season of music represented the original the most, because they weren't all the same.

Season 1 - Country & Country Rock
Season 2 - Mix of Country/Country Rock and Some Rock.
Season 3 - Rock and Pop
Season 4 - Whatever they could throw in when they felt like it.

knightimmortal

[ August 25, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Sun Aug 25, 2002 3:10 pm

I think that the first season music reflected Michael's character, and that the later seasons drifted into pop to add more of a 'current' soundtrack to the show. I can't really comment on season four, since engaging the old 'ten-foot barge pole' rule ( [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ), but seasons two and three were playing more of the songs of the day, rather than Michael's country and soft rock (didn't Kim Wilde's music video even feature in one episode?) I'm not complaining, because the pop tracks add a nice era-placing touch to my self-edited Knight Rider soundtrack [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sarah

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:46 am

techno just isn't "knight rider" tho, and the fast and the furious had some rock on it, but was mainly hip-hop based and worked extremely well, but remember guys'n'gals that we're hoping for this film to have the spirit of "knight rider". the original mission:impossible film's score achieved it for a m:i spirit, but the second film's score just jumped on the action bandwagon and didn't do anything for me.

heavy metal like that doesn't sit well with trying to make a kr or m:i movie, where the original's spirit?

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:17 am

Rap Rock just sucks. Sorry to say. I say go industrial. Trent Reznor is good at doing soundtracks. Look at how wonderful Tomb Raider turned out.

What kind of idiot names an album "Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog flavoured water?"
Its a blatant ploy on the Smashing Pumpkins album "Melencholly and the Infinite Sadness"
You might as well get Kid Rock or some other bafoon to do the soundtrack then. Which is probably what they'll do. And I would say something like "Eminem should be in the KR soundtrack..." But actually he doesn't belong anywhere in there.. despite the fact that I love his music and sense of humor I don't want ANY rap to be in the KR movie not even him. I have become disgusted with rap. Its taking over everything and its making me sick. I don't even turn on the radio anymore because if I do then I'll get tortured with the same Nelly song over and over.

Just throw in some 80's cover tunes and everything will be fine.

-BlazeFox

"Limp Bizket sucks.. you know it, I know it, the whole world knows it- Trent Reznor"
[]\[] [] []/[]

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]

situ
Volunteer

Post by situ » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:44 am

How about something like this ?
1. Billy Idol: Rebel Yell
2. Alice Cooper: Poison
3. The Doors: Break On Through
4. INX: Need You Tonight
5. Tom Petty: Learning To Fly
6. ZZ Top: Viva Las Vegas
7. Guns’ n Roses: Sweet Child Of Mine
8. Chris Rea: Highway To Hell ( part II )
9. Gary Moore: Still Got the Blues
10. Roxette: Perfect Day

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:38 am

Zed, reading your post just sent a quiver of excitement through me, because that's almost exactly how I hope the soundtrack goes. I'd love to see 80's tunes that nearly everyone loves, like ZZ Top and Roxette music like "Dangerous" and "The Look". I think there's definitely a balancing act that they could do to achieve an 80's feel to those who want it, with all the modern aspects that "today's" movie-goers demand.

DK

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Code Breaker:
<STRONG> and BT.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, or maybe my Sister, who does Techno stuff. (Or rather, she sings to techno.) Her career is just getting off the ground, and BT is the one who's gonna produce her stuff. (Although, she doesn't JUST do Techno, she does other stuff)

Just remember to buy all albums by "Karina Ware"! Give her enough support to make it big, and maybe she'll be on the "Knight Rider" soundtrack!

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zed:
<STRONG>How about something like this ?
8. Chris Rea: Highway To Hell ( part II )
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that track would fit perfectly, both lyrically (if people still listen to the words any more) and musically. Any song that fits on a 'Drive Time' compilation could work, I think! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

How about 'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman? 'Life In Mono' by Mono (classy, and it worked well with the Rover ad in the UK)?

Sarah

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: SadArticle ]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Aug 28, 2002 3:55 pm

was that billy idol song the one at the start of knights of the fast lane? if not, it definitely appeared in kr somewhere, right?

and blaze, don't give up on rap and hip-hop. i can't stand these blinkin' rock bands who can't sing and then pass it off as this "new metal/rap" stuff, it ain't rap/hip-hop in the slightest in my opinion. back to the *proper stuff*, hip-hop is so diverse these days, that even if you don't like the likes of nelly etc there's still plenty going mate if you're a fan of the genre. keep the faith playa [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:54 pm

The Billy Idol song was used in Dead of Knight.

knightimmortal

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:23 pm

knightrider_ni, just wot bands are you referring to that "can't sing?" Some are not meant to. For example, the likes of Slipknot, they're not meant to be singing. the whole world knows it. It's all about inner expression and they do it by either shouting/growling or whatever. It's Nu Metal! Nearly...no, probably all Nu metal is like that.

I can't stand all the rap/hip hop stuff myself. i agree with blaze, it's taken over the industry. everywhere i go i hear it. i take that back, i don't anymore cos i don't turn the radio on! you'll be lucky to catch me with it on, i tell ya.

There is no creativity within the music industry these days...its either a britney spears pop song or rap.

There is nothing wrong with metal although i admit you have to have an acquired taste.

the only good artist at rap/hip hop was Bob Marley. Now, he was good and i don't mind listening to him.

these days, the rap crap they make these days is aimed at the young generation where as older people were cashing in on him.

All that fast talking trash about nothing at all does my head in, lol!

and i aint gonna be a part of it. there might be a trend in it but i am old enough to make my own decisions and opinions and not have to follow it cos someone else does which is the common case with this type of music!

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:44 pm

Ok, I think I have figured it out.

-Back in Black by AC/DC (Sort of a nice KITT travel song, or a new baddie theme)
-Get Over It by the Eagles (just for a little fun)
-Can't Get You Out If My Head by Kylie Minogue, for another driving song, maybe while Michael is contemplating his future or something.

Ah well, just a few suggestions to giggle over.

knightimmortal

BlazeFox
Rookie

Post by BlazeFox » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:35 am

Slipknot are actually okay.. I can stomache them and they have some decent songs. (Wait and Bleed, Heretic Anthem, Left Behind, My Plague) But in my opinion they're feeding off of what bands like Slayer, Metal Church, and King Diamond were doing. Fast paced Death Metal.. though they throw in a few turntables and then it makes it "rap metal" But its not actually rap either because they're just screaming the lyrics. I don't hear them saying Yo Yo Homie Yo and speaking in Ebonics like mister Bizket does.

Do you ever listen to a soundtrack cd, and all the songs on it except for one are basically soft and tolerable.. and then you get one song on there that you don't know is on there thats ear shatteringly loud and when that song comes on you just jolt like something bit you on the rump? Imagine a KR soundtrack being like that. Not pretty.. Not pretty at all.

Stuff that like that doesn't belong on a KR soundtrack, it belongs on Resident Evil soundtracks (Slipknot, Manson etc.) or Blair Witch 2 soundtracks (Manson, KoRn) or Dracula 2001 soundtracks.(Slayer, Megadeth, etc.) Industrial Techno and synth pop would suit the atmosphere of Knight Rider. Rap and Death Metal.. hmm.. I don't think the people would buy it. I might, but not everyone else would. You just can't have Rasputina in something as wholesome as good ole KR. Just doesn't work. Unless maybe the plot of KR turns violent. Then there could be some fun to have. I think they should let KARR atleast relieve someone of an arm or leg.

-BlazeFox

Oh and thats a good suggestion for a song K.I. I used to have the Hell Freezes Over cassette. My English teacher got it for me in 7th grade. Loved every song on it. Especially "Take It Easy."

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: BlazeFox ]