Positive KR08 Articles - Post them Here

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Positive KR08 Articles - Post them Here

Post by neps » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 am

Please place all links in here to keep them easy to find for reference. This way use it to help support the show...

from sheknows.com (http://www.sheknows.com/articles/807642.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Last night I cleared off the DVR, finally watching Knight Rider and wow, did this show do a 180. Now that they've killed off three of the cast members, they decided to have a shootout and mow down a few innocent bystanders in a pretty brutal (by Knight Rider standards) episode. What appealed to me most was the fact that Mike, though well trained in combat, didn't come off like Superman. The bad guys got the best of him a number of times which really upped the angst level of the episode. I'm loving the new direction, but it's probably too little too late and I don't expect to see the show get a new season pickup.
If anyone can copy over ones from earlier threads, that would be appreciated.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Positive KR08 Articles - Post them Here

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:19 am

Originally posted by Shapeshifter

From Newsblaze.com http://newsblaze.com/story/200901301059 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Though the series has potential, ratings have been in the dust. Hopefully, after last night, NBC will give KR '08 more road to grow for a second season. It is starting to find traction and finally discovering the direction on what Knight Rider is really all about: the sci-fi/fantasy version of a modern-day Lone Ranger in a dangerous world filled with crime and injustice with a talking, supplicated car as his Tonto -- traveling from place to place to aid those that can't fight for themselves. A young loner/white knight championing the cause of the innocent, the helpless, and the powerless in a world of criminals that operates above the law.

Most of all, Knight Rider is all about one motto: that one man can make a difference.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:36 am

From Dauntlessmedia.net http://dauntlessmedia.net/knight-rider/ ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knight Rider, you’ve got my attention.

“Exit Light, Enter Knight” is an intense, well-paced, relatively smart and engaging episode. Whether or not it can consistently produce solid episodes like this one will be key to its ultimate success. There is no question, however, that this one was successful.

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:41 pm

This is a nice Idea...I already like this thread...Thank You for sharing these!!!!!!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Samuel Walters
Stranger

Post by Samuel Walters » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Thanks for linking to my site! And for the record, while I have been heavily critical of the series thus far, I am optimistic about the new direction and think it should be given the benefit of the doubt. Should be an interesting next few episodes ....
Reviews & Analysis of Modern Media:
http://dauntlessmedia.net/

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, haven't checked their message boards, but the User Reviews at IMDb's KR08 page are pretty good. Out of 11 comments, only 2 are negative.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1213404/usercomments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:31 am

this is good. it let us know what the other think. :kitt:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:21 am

Really hard to get a read over at imdb. There is one poster there who floods the board with negative posts. Take him out of the equation, and I think the board is really pro-KR.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Several years of Internet experience teach us that the road to insanity is through imdb. Just don't go there.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah, that poster who claims to be a "founding member" of seven different KR sites, including KRO and is still a member here in good standing. Oh and supposedly made the first KR UseNet discussion group, has a vast memorabilia collection and once even had dinner with Edward Mulhare and see's himself as the ultimate and greatest KR fan of all! :roll:

It's quite weird for someone who's supposedly so "accomplished" yet he/she spends on the KR08 board and hadn't made a single post on TOS's board. It's messed up that someone who hates the show so much has spent the last two and a half months, making hundreds of posts, almost solely on the BDP and series boards bitching, getting into e-fights and pissing contests with a few exceptions to combat some idiots that are there. Oh and doesn't have the guts to say who they are in the KR community, specifically here.

EDIT: NeoRanger, for once I agree with you. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:45 pm

*sighs* IMDB is the place where trollers get to argue, because the mods aren't as tough as the ones here.I mean arguments here can get the topic locked in minutes,where like at IMDB, fights can go on forever and the mods won't even notice.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 am

Hey neps just and idea but this thread might get more attention if you stickied it like the positive/constructive critisism ones as this thread is a lot like them.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:33 pm

Here is a really decent post from Roddenberry.com
http://www.roddenberry.com/communityblo ... tail?id=76

Give Knight Rider A Fair Chance
By: Dennis Rayburn
02/08/2009

One of the famous lines in science-fiction is one by Snake Plissken, “The more things change, the more they stay the same.” It certainly describes the way television seasons work nowadays. A new show appears and sometimes it vanishes to return “retooled” (nice way of saying “hopefully fixed”), some appear and disappear just as fast, an a few seem to hit the stride right off the bat.

Sometimes those shows that get retooled never seem to recover from the time off of the schedule. Sometimes the eventual cancellation is fair as the retool was just as bad as the original, and other times the show just doesn't get a fair chance. While some might say that it's just the way things work, in the case of one show in particular, it should not be the case.

When NBC announced the new Knight Rider, I looked forward to the TV movie as I had been a fan of the original. Now, I'll admit that I was nervous about it, wondering if it would be a reboot, a sequel, or what direction it would take. The direction of the TV movie was good, but it clearly needed work. No worry, I thought, as every show is reworked after it's pilot.

When the show premiered, I like it fairly well, but I have to admit that I thought the cast was a bit heavy and it was going directions that fans of the original would not be familiar with or might not appreciate. I was also among those who thought the format that many call “the terrorist of the week” was a bit much.

When the show left the schedule for retooling, I waited to see if my patience would be rewarded, and it was. The show was now more of the direction of the original and from the early ratings after the start of the retooled episodes, viewership is rising.

Now, there is one problem. While the rating are rising, with the economy like it is, will NBC decide to keep the show, or cancel it to save revenue? Frankly, I feel that this show has gotten a very bad deal, not unlike the way TNT treated Crusade. Like that show, it has not been given a fair chance. For a show like Knight Rider to truly be evaluated honestly by not only critics, but the fans, you need to see more than just a few episodes of the retooled version to decide.

There have been cases in the past where shows did not do well in their first season, but were given a chance in a second one to make it or break it. Some bombed despite the opportunity but some flourished and survived to become hits. I feel that Knight Rider deserves a full second season to allow for an honest evaluation of the retooled show and to allow network executives, critics, fans and everyone concerned to get an honest read of the shows popularity. Also, the current ratings system still does not take into account families who DVR the show and watch it later thus making the ratings system flawed.

I respectfully call upon the executives of NBC to give Knight Rider a second season and let's see what the show can do. If it fails then, it will be strictly on the show's merits, and not from the on and off season, and severely limited time for the retooled show to win an audience.

Come on, NBC. Give KITT a chance.

I think he did a great job :D
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Very nice. I love those guys. ^_^

"Give KITT a chance." We should add that to our letters.