Let's see your KR desktops!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Let's see your KR desktops!

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I thought it'd be neat now that the show is out, that we have Knight Rider desktops. :) At least I did mine. Note I have Vista. I made the desktop wallpaper (which I posted in the forums awhile back), and I made my user picture the KR cobra. And if you look at my home network, Megatron is my tower system (actually, that machine is powered down but for some reason the laptop still lists it as I didn't refresh the network discovery). KITT is my laptop. :) The other thing is the router (those who have the Linksys wireless router would see that right away, I assume).

Anyone else doing their computers up with a Knight Rider theme?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Let's see your KR desktops!

Post by Sue » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Oooh nice! And quite a nice ad for Vista I must say.

This is mine :mrgreen:
My computers are all named after horses though.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:36 pm

I also have Kitt transforming and back as my Vista dreamscene, it eats a lot of memory though!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Sue - That is just... *melts* :)

BTW, underneath the network window is actually a Vista Windows circle, I redone that after what I saw in a Buddy TV interview where they showed that KR screen with the Vista logo under it! LOL!

Weezl - I don't have Vista dreamscene. How do you do that? I have Vista Home Premium. Would love to have KITT transforming and stuff on my desktop - just maybe when I'm just listening to music or something. I only have 2GB RAM though. My next upgrade will be a DVD burner though since it's running fine with the 2GB RAM. It can be upgraded to 4GB though.

BTW, I also have that very same wallpaper. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:33 pm

I just changed my clock to light blue numbers on dark blue background, to match. And the postit notes to blue. I realized that I didn't have the coordinating. LOL!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:59 pm

Centered.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:48 am

Knight Racer, you have a 1280x800 version of that one?
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Sue - That is just... *melts* :)

BTW, underneath the network window is actually a Vista Windows circle, I redone that after what I saw in a Buddy TV interview where they showed that KR screen with the Vista logo under it! LOL!

Weezl - I don't have Vista dreamscene. How do you do that? I have Vista Home Premium. Would love to have KITT transforming and stuff on my desktop - just maybe when I'm just listening to music or something. I only have 2GB RAM though. My next upgrade will be a DVD burner though since it's running fine with the 2GB RAM. It can be upgraded to 4GB though.

BTW, I also have that very same wallpaper. :)

Dreamscene is built into Vista ultimate, its available from microsoft update, It might sound cool having Kitt transform on the desktop but believe me i only use when I wanna show it off lol, its a pain in the butt, it use's loads of video memory. Love your podcasts BTW.

Matt.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:05 am

here's mine

--knightman--

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:11 am

Here's mine

I'm using LAUNCHY so I'm hiding my desktop icons to remove the clutter. On the lower part, the top thing with the red bars is my bandwidth monitor BITMETER 2, while the bottom part is ROCKETDOCK. The bottom left corner has the MacLikeDriveDisplay Widget from YAHOO WIDGETS, in case you're wondering I named my C: drive "Knight Ultimate". All of them are great freewares that can help you reduce desktop clutter and create a better desktop.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Will
Rookie

Post by Will » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:04 am

I yoinked this from the dvd :D I'dent it pretty *Swoons over KI3T*

If at first you don't succeed...cheat, repeat, until caught...

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:13 am

no wallpaper for me,im not on my pc sorry ladies and gents.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:29 am

She is mine :mrgreen:

Here goes :wink:
http://msnmih.com/img/a4uylh.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex.

mykittcar
Rookie

Post by mykittcar » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:30 am

hello

the guy weeezl up top has dream scape for windows vista ultimate you can get it for other version i just got it you just have to search for it but it there and how did you get the video of the transformation video that you are showing to us

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:49 am

BlueChaos wrote:Knight Racer, you have a 1280x800 version of that one?

It's actually a larger pic right click it and do set as background.Set your desktop background properties to center and you will like the picture how it looks centeres as your desktop.Works on mine perfectly set on 1280 x1024.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:55 am

Alex wrote:She is mine :mrgreen:

Here goes :wink:
http://msnmih.com/img/a4uylh.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex.
What epsiode is that picture from?

It's got to be a Season 3 or 4 episode.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:31 am

It is the episode "Killer K.I.T.T." and is on the 4th season.

Alex.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 am

Yeah know the episode well as , one of the better ones from that season.

Thanks for the info.

alexknight
Volunteer

Post by alexknight » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:53 am

How are you getting these fantastic looking screen grabs i am having difficulty doing it because of the drm limitation all i get is a black screen or the player doesnt want to play it

please help

please

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:24 pm

weeezl wrote: Dreamscene is built into Vista ultimate, its available from microsoft update, It might sound cool having Kitt transform on the desktop but believe me i only use when I wanna show it off lol, its a pain in the butt, it use's loads of video memory. Love your podcasts BTW.
Matt.
Thanks. :) I'll have to look that Dreamscene thing up sometime, just out of curiosity.
BlueChaos wrote: while the bottom part is ROCKETDOCK
On the far left of mine just sticking above the Windows start menu is Object Dock, which hides and comes out which is sorta like your RocketDock. I have Object Desktop (registered version) from StarDock.com (Makers of Windowblinds). Pretty cool stuff. And yet I still manage to stick things on the desktop to remind me to get things done. LOL!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:53 pm

BlueChaos wrote:Here's mine

I'm using LAUNCHY so I'm hiding my desktop icons to remove the clutter. On the lower part, the top thing with the red bars is my bandwidth monitor BITMETER 2, while the bottom part is ROCKETDOCK. The bottom left corner has the MacLikeDriveDisplay Widget from YAHOO WIDGETS, in case you're wondering I named my C: drive "Knight Ultimate". All of them are great freewares that can help you reduce desktop clutter and create a better desktop.
That is very cool! I think I’ll try that photo out for a while. And that’s vista too! That’s it! I’m putting my order in. How much is Microsoft paying you two. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:48 pm

mykittcar wrote:hello

the guy weeezl up top has dream scape for windows vista ultimate you can get it for other version i just got it you just have to search for it but it there and how did you get the video of the transformation video that you are showing to us
I got the video from the HD trailer From Inside Out that Neil posted a little while ago, just cut the transformation part out, altered the aspect a little and reversed it to loop.

Heres a shot of my desktop as of today , I decided to put the dream scene on and also my screensavers
to show you guys.

Heres a short video of it in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH73AJoXX6k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dont use the dream scene all that often, mostly just the static wallpaper.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:21 pm

Sue wrote:That is very cool! I think I’ll try that photo out for a while. And that’s vista too! That’s it! I’m putting my order in. How much is Microsoft paying you two. :mrgreen:
Actually, Sue, that desktop of mine is Windows XP :mrgreen:

I bought WindowBlinds 6.2 from Stardock and fired up a Vista skin I've had since some time ago (which may be illegal to put here). If you notice you can still see some notable differences from Vista, especially if you look at the icons at the bottom right of the taskbar - they're not Vista icons just yet. If you can get your XP to look like Vista, then why bother to buy Vista? At the moment (Vista SP1), the XP SP2/SP3 is a lot more stable anyway.

If you don't believe that it's XP maybe I'll put another pic with the System Properties on :wink:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:46 pm

BlueChaos wrote:
Sue wrote:That is very cool! I think I’ll try that photo out for a while. And that’s vista too! That’s it! I’m putting my order in. How much is Microsoft paying you two. :mrgreen:
Actually, Sue, that desktop of mine is Windows XP :mrgreen:

I bought WindowBlinds 6.2 from Stardock and fired up a Vista skin I've had since some time ago (which may be illegal to put here). If you notice you can still see some notable differences from Vista, especially if you look at the icons at the bottom right of the taskbar - they're not Vista icons just yet. If you can get your XP to look like Vista, then why bother to buy Vista? At the moment (Vista SP1), the XP SP2/SP3 is a lot more stable anyway.

If you don't believe that it's XP maybe I'll put another pic with the System Properties on :wink:
Right on! Windowblinds is the best way to skin up xp, i love the translucent windows, my backup xp machine has it on, I used a combination of the Vista Transformation Pack & windowblinds, the closest to vista but without all the resource hogging vista is renowned for. I do own Vista but I got mine as an OEM when I got my last machine, nice interface but I wouldnt recommend it to anybody.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Weezl - Where do you get the transformation KITT wallpaper that would work for DreamScene and those two kewl KITT and KARR screen savers? I would love them! :)

BTW, I can't see the image in my original post anymore. :( Seems it just says the word "Image". Am I the only one with that problem? Wonder what happened (I used ImageShack).