"Knight Rider" 2008 Constructive Criticisms/Thoughts (Long!)

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

goldbug
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: "Knight Rider" 2008 Constructive Criticisms/Thoughts (Long!)

Post by goldbug » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 am

Mblackphoenix wrote: But Wilton Knight wanted someone who helped the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.
The FBI isn`t helpless.
I think the important distinction to make is that the statement from TOS was not referring to FLAG or Knight Industries when it referred to the "helpless". It was referring to the people Michael would meet weekly and help save, so clearly the FBI isn't helpless, but neither was FLAG.

Let's break the other statement down a bit:

"help the innocent, the helpless, the powerless..."
In the current series, the way I see it, that is exactly what they are doing. Let's take the story in "Knight of the Iguana". These guys are going to destroy a nuclear power plant. That had potential to kill thousands if not millions of people who were not even aware of the threat. I'm sure in that nearby city (not to mention all the people who would be affected by radiation fallout) that there were plenty of those who were innocent and they weren't aware of the threat, so they were absolutely helpless and powerless at that time.

If we were to take a KRTOS example here, if Michael say, helped one town with a corrupt sheriff, what good is it if a nuclear blast is going to wipe the town off the face of the map?

"...in a world of criminals who operate above the law..."
Every criminal we have seen so far in KR does just that. They create their own rules and live by them, not caring about the law. Local law enforcement doesn't seem to be aware or able to stop them, and thus the SCC is brought in.

IMO KR 2008 is still sticking to that creed from the original series, it's just doing it on a much larger scale now.
"One man can make a difference." - Michael Knight (2008)

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:34 am

Besides, you can have only so many MILFs or hot sisters of the week these days. >_> The original series also had its fair share of "save the world" type episodes too that were bigger than just helping Mary save the farm from the corrupt businessman and the sheriff that was on his payroll.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:41 am

goldbug wrote:
Mblackphoenix wrote: But Wilton Knight wanted someone who helped the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.
The FBI isn`t helpless.
I think the important distinction to make is that the statement from TOS was not referring to FLAG or Knight Industries when it referred to the "helpless". It was referring to the people Michael would meet weekly and help save, so clearly the FBI isn't helpless, but neither was FLAG.

Let's break the other statement down a bit:

"help the innocent, the helpless, the powerless..."
In the current series, the way I see it, that is exactly what they are doing. Let's take the story in "Knight of the Iguana". These guys are going to destroy a nuclear power plant. That had potential to kill thousands if not millions of people who were not even aware of the threat. I'm sure in that nearby city (not to mention all the people who would be affected by radiation fallout) that there were plenty of those who were innocent and they weren't aware of the threat, so they were absolutely helpless and powerless at that time.

If we were to take a KRTOS example here, if Michael say, helped one town with a corrupt sheriff, what good is it if a nuclear blast is going to wipe the town off the face of the map?

"...in a world of criminals who operate above the law..."
Every criminal we have seen so far in KR does just that. They create their own rules and live by them, not caring about the law. Local law enforcement doesn't seem to be aware or able to stop them, and thus the SCC is brought in.

IMO KR 2008 is still sticking to that creed from the original series, it's just doing it on a much larger scale now.
Forget it dude! none of the naysayers will take anything you say at face value they simply abhor the new show and everything about it and feel compelled to trash every thread they can find with their hatred and their vitriol rather than to make their own threads about how much they hate the show which is what they should be doing at this point.

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:12 am

PunkMaister wrote: Forget it dude! none of the naysayers will take anything you say at face value they simply abhor the new show and everything about it and feel compelled to trash every thread they can find with their hatred and their vitriol rather than to make their own threads about how much they hate the show which is what they should be doing at this point.
If you mean me with "hater of the show" than you dont understand me.
I dont hate the show.
I have waited a long time that this happend.
And I love it.
I love the mustang, I love the ideas.
Only I miss so little things like to help sometime the little people.
Similar to Eli Stone, who helps people beyond the normal buisness.
Its only a little wish from me.
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:30 pm

After watching the first 4 episodes I still have some problems with the new show.

1. Kitt cave? What if Mike is helping people 1000 miles away. Ohh, let's get to the cave for a check up or call the jet and he will fly us there !
I think the truck in the original series worked better, also less people. If KITT needed real maintenance he could always drive to the cave.
2. What about Michael saving innocent people, saving people from a local villan and not hooked up with the damn cave all the time ! It seems that Michael
is being watched and monitored 24/7. I don't like that in KR.
3. We also wanna see Michael doing stunts like standing on the hood and jump into another car.
Instead of using the green screen when Michael drives KITT, they better sack some people and spent that money on fuel so we can see KITT driving for real !
That's what KR is all about, a man and his car !
We wanna see Michael and KITT on the roads of sunny California with good music in the background, on their way to a mission. People wanna see the real stuff !
4. And please gives us ladies Michael needs to rescue or get involved with, this gives him a more vulnerable personality. Not the ladies from that damn cave !
5. If I watch the KR08, it is all going to fast, the camera shots, the dialogues. It seems there is no time for relaxing, there are just too many people.
6. And these transformations, do we really need that in KR? Maybe next time KITT can change into a helicopter, maybe Airwolf and shoot them all !!!

I will still watch KR08 and hopefully they will get the original spirit back what KR is all about, not the show we are seeing now.
KR is not about KITT doing these amazing things like transform, but all about the interaction between characters, Michael, KITT and not the CGI we have seen more than enough already in KR08.
Sometimes I wonder if I am watching transformers, CSI or la femme Nikita.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:13 pm

steventje wrote: I think the truck in the original series worked better, also less people. If KITT needed real maintenance he could always drive to the cave.
I agree that there should also be a truck. :)
3. We also wanna see Michael doing stunts like standing on the hood and jump into another car.
This was shown in the latest episode (the one last wednesday).

Do you get the new KR already in la belgique?

I am still surprised that NBC apparently blocks foreigners from viewing the episodes on their web site. :o

Or, rather, I am not surprised... :(
Instead of using the green screen when Michael drives KITT, they better sack some people and spent that money on fuel so we can see KITT driving for real !
That's what KR is all about, a man and his car !
We wanna see Michael and KITT on the roads of sunny California with good music in the background, on their way to a mission. People wanna see the real stuff !
Totally agree! CGI is used too much in the new series. :)
6. And these transformations, do we really need that in KR? Maybe next time KITT can change into a helicopter, maybe Airwolf and shoot them all !!!
lmao! :) That's another show they should revive or make into a movie! Airwolf!!! :)

--Brian

steventje
Volunteer

Post by steventje » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:00 pm

This was shown in the latest episode (the one last wednesday).

Do you get the new KR already in la belgique?

I am still surprised that NBC apparently blocks foreigners from viewing the episodes on their web site. :o

Or, rather, I am not surprised... :(

In la Belgique we don't have KR and I think we won't have it for a couple of years :(
But the real true fans here, they find a way to see it 8)

lmao! :) That's another show they should revive or make into a movie! Airwolf!!! :)

Than they can call it Airknight !