Why some KR episodes never get mentioned on here!

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony28
Stranger

Why some KR episodes never get mentioned on here!

Post by Tony28 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:41 am

I have noticed on this site and others like it, that the same episodes keep on being mentioned and referred to over & over again!
There are a whole other batch of good/classic KR episodes that are never mentioned for some bizzare reason - just wondering why this is?

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:17 am

I don't know. I know one of my favorite ones is "ring of fire." I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here.

I think for those just now watching the sci-fi runs, they are treating it like I used to treat the X-Files.

After a while of watching that show religiously I started to only keep my eyes out for the core conspiracy episodes and ignoring all the filler ones. I think some people are just keeping they're eyes open for the "KITT vs. KARR's" and other similar popular episodes and ignoring the more lesser known ones.

I learned the hard way you miss out on a lot of good stuff when you do that.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:45 am

well what about like knight in retreat , knight strike , knight fright. and we barelly talk about the very first episodes. other than knight of the phoenix. and the other four episodes after knight the phoenix. the rest we not talked about. for example the final verdict. episodes like that. and there were some episodes at the top that i said that we don't talk much about.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:20 pm

For the most part, every episode HAS been talked about on here, in the various threads that include 'your favorite episodes', 'your favorite unsung hero' episodes, and the 'episodes you didn't like'. Otherwise, they were common episodes. As Army F Body has stated, we look and speak about the core episodes, we answer questions that stem from them. Not too many of those other episodes raise a whole lot of questions.

This board has been around a long time, and we have been through every episode in discussion at least twice. If you want to talk about those episodes, then it is up to you to bring up a topic about them. I wouldn't look to the board as the source of that, but those who ask the question have the solution within them, if you have questions to be asked, ask them, don't expect others to get there, because well...they won't.

KI

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:47 pm

well knightmimortal tony28 is a new member to knight rider onine and he has not been here as much as we've had been.

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:10 pm

Army_F_Body wrote: I know one of my favorite ones is "ring of fire."
I have that one on tape. For me... It was over before the real plot started in my mind. But not a bad episode. I like Kvk, and Knight Of The J. ,etc. I have too many favourites.

What about Knight And The Knerd or something. That one is really funny. :lol:

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:13 pm

Thats one of my favs as well when the dogs go after Michael.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:25 pm

This is only my personal opinion, so I'm not slamming anyone who does like this episode, but I don't like RING OF FIRE at all. That's one I consider to be lame and wouldn't give a flying flip if I missed it. I dislike it very much at the part where the big dogs attack Michael. That's something that makes me realize I wouldn't want to be him. I always wondered if KITT could have gotten out of the creek if he still had his aquatic conversion.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:25 pm

86chvs10 wrote:well knightmimortal tony28 is a new member to knight rider onine and he has not been here as much as we've had been.
Gee, no kidding? I think a dead person would have known that, but thanks for wasting a post for the obvious. YOU are a new member to KRO, 86chvs10, and well, I think it would do you well to participate, not tell others facts they already know.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:32 pm

Has the spirit of the holidays been killed off already?
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:35 pm

Did it ever exist, and why did I not get the memo?

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:52 pm

I think the reason I like Ring of Fire the best was becasue it showed how easily KITT high tech-ness could be neutralized by the most simple of things.

It made KITT more human to me I guess you could say.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:58 pm

I liked the episode Ring of Fire too, for a slightly different reason. It showed how human Michael truly was, that he could fall prey to the simple things, and how vulnerable KITT could be, yet still be able to carry on.

That, and seeing April throw a tantrum over Michael and KITT escaping the heat chamber was pretty nifty too. ;)

KI

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:50 pm

I used to think ROF was a dull ep too but then I realised it is a good episode because it shows Michael and KITT survive even when their resources are limited.

KITT couldn't exactly do much with all the crap he underwent so really, they had to survive with what they had to fight with.

It was a change and a surprise to see KITT get so "beaten" up the way he did and the fact he wasn't able to help Michael the way he would normally do.

I'm just glad he wasn't up against a mastermind criminal otherwise I think things would have turned out for the worst.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;