Knight Rider: The Movie Website

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

EdwardKnoxII
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider: The Movie Website

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:35 pm

Here's someone that made a whole website and wrote out a script for a Knight Rider movie. I do question some of the parts. I mean David Duchovny as Michael? He's way to monotone for the happy-go-lucky Michael. And Angelina Jolie looks way to super modelish for the girl next door looks of Bonnie. And I think she'd do about as good of job playing the tech as Rebecca Holden did. (IE not very believeable).

http://www.geocities.com/code_breaker2001/KRhome.html

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:37 pm

As a reminder to everyone, this website is part of a GAME. Nothing about it has anything to do with what is going on with the real movie.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:44 pm

I have to admit years ago when I found that site I thought it really was for a KR movie for alittle bit. You have to give the guy credit he went the extra mile with the site. Script, pics, interviews, games, etc. He did a real good job.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:09 am

didnt we just go over this not too long ago? perhaps it needs to be a sticky topic so people don't ask the same thing about the website again.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:38 am

I foud this site, and posted it KITT, I was shocked thinging it was real or something!

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:36 am

In the game section those tracks were from NFS4 and someone made KITT for that game.
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:09 am

and when you go to that site if you click on the game that track that you see kitt is racing is a copyed track from need for speed hot pursuit 3 the old playstation 1 game made a long time ago.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:47 am

Well, I'm surprised this popped up again.

The website was for a game called Virtual Producer, then it was used for a similar game called Producer's Chair. Both games are now no longer in existance.

I know my choice for Michael may have seemed off, but at the time I thought Duchovny DID seem a bit Michael Knight-ish to me in several of his performances (i.e. "Playing God", "The X-Files", and "Evolution"). As for Angelina, I chose her because she can play a character who is intelligent in the field of technology ("Hackers") and is also beautiful.

The game shots are actually from "Need for Speed: High Stakes". I used that one because the graphics were sharper. Not only that, it included a 1999 Trans Am model (which I raced a few times on different tracks to get the shots seen). Then I used the KITT model from the NFS Knights, and used only shots from the interior to get the view of the driver. I used Microsoft's PictureIt to alter the pictures (i.e. text, the scanner on the outside shots, KITT's POV for the game, moving the map, adding KITT stats, etc).

I have considered on taking down the site, seeing that I have no real reason for it to be there anymore. Plus, it is also confusing people, even with the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:04 pm

I certainly understand why you might want to take down your page, CB, but please don't. I for one really enjoyed most of what you did in adapting "Knight of the Phoenix" for both the big screen and the late '90s/early '00s. :(

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:18 pm

And the funny thing was that I didn't even see "Knight of the Phoenix" except for a few MPEGs, pictures and soundwaves for it (including Michael's Team Knight Rider site). I didn't realize how close I was until I got my hands on the DVD for the pilot episode, about three/four years later. Strange.

Though if I had decided to do an adaptation for the sequel, I would have had done KITT vs. KARR. Man, the ideas I had for that. Too bad I don't have as much time as I used to.

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:40 am

nice page! but if they will use in the real movie Michael Knight it should be David Hasselhoff who's acting him, if they choose anybody else, the should create a new caracter!
THERE IS ONLY ONE MICHAEL KNIGHT, HE'S CALLED DAVID HASSELHOFF

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:20 pm

Dome wrote: But if they will use in the real movie Michael Knight it should be David Hasselhoff who's acting him, if they choose anybody else, the should create a new caracter!
Exactly. David Hasselhoff was and still is the One and Only Michael Knight.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:12 am

If I may make a slight suggestion, CB2001, if you choose, you might want to put it in large letters that it is a work of fan fiction, with a standard fan fiction disclaimer beneath it. It might cut down on the amount of confusion. I would definitely advise against taking it down, since it is a wonderful and creative work of fiction, but you might want to put a few notes that help keep the general fic writer out of hot and slightly confusing water. :)

KI

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:21 am

I wouldn't suggest taking it down either, just a better and bigger disclaimer. It's a fun site to have out there and is slightly enoyable when people bring it up again (Aaah, that ol thang!)

Dome
Rookie

Post by Dome » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:29 am

Irish Knight wrote:
Dome wrote: But if they will use in the real movie Michael Knight it should be David Hasselhoff who's acting him, if they choose anybody else, the should create a new caracter!
Exactly. David Hasselhoff was and still is the One and Only Michael Knight.
There is only one man who can make a difference -- its DH

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:24 pm

hey Mike, BTW, i like the 12 days of christmas thing on newknightrider site.. very festive

Nick

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:27 pm

Thanks, now I just need to get off my butt as always and finish putting it together. It's not a big thing, just something for the holidays.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:17 am

I already have a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. I remember a while back when I first posted the link here, one of you guys commented "If it wasn't for the disclaimer, I would have believed this was for real."

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:37 pm

What we are saying is to have a much larger one, and more in tune with the general fan fiction disclaimer.

KI

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:41 pm

Well, the size I can change, but the disclaimer can remain the same, seeing that it clearly states everything that a fan fiction story would, that the characters, cars and items featured are copyrighted to the people who own them and that the site is not for a real film.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:07 pm

Maybe you should try something like this:

I bet we'd STILL get questions asking if it was real.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:30 pm

ROFL!!! LOL!!!!! I like the changes to the poster Michael! :P

Actually, coming to think about it, I still have that e-mail you sent me asking if it was okay to use some of the altered pictures I made for the site, to be used for yours. I sent you a reply but never heard from you after that.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:17 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Mike's that's awesome. And you're right, we'd probably still get people asking if it were real.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 11:59 am

As strange as it sounds, I've recently thought about doing a movie trailer for the concept. I know there is a fanbase for such a thing, seeing many of people have done fan-made trailers before. I even found one site that has tons of them! Here's the link: http://www.fanmadetrailers.com

What I had in mind for the trailer was to use my Trans-Am model after I finish the alterations and painting of it. I have a MiniDV camera and editing software and had plans on adding the flashing of the scanner light with the use of animation and use a sound clip of KITT from the Pilot episode. It's sort of a teaser trailer idea.

Of course, I've also had ideas on doing a "Basic Instinct 2" trailer and a "Robocop vs. The Terminator" trailer too. So, don't expect me to do the "Knight Rider: The Movie" teaser trailer soon.

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider: The Movie Website

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:49 pm

I mean David Duchovny as Michael? He's way to monotone for the happy-go-lucky Michael. And Angelina Jolie looks way to super modelish for the girl next door looks of Bonnie. And I think she'd do about as good of job playing the tech as Rebecca Holden did.
I read this once long before I joined the board. It was back when I had only seen the pilot episode once. Reading through this made-up script did get me to recall some things. I saw KNIGHT OF THE PHOENIX a second time about a week before I joined.

Anyway, I don't think Duchovny should have been used as the role for Michael. He seems somewhat like a weiner to go running around fooling with criminals the regular law cannot get past. I think he would be a good idea for just Michael Long. They should have used someone more badass looking for Michael Knight.

And as for Jolie doing Bonnie, I don't see anything against that in a big production. She's not exactly who I would think up, but I think she fits the role just fine. Connery is exactly who I would use for Devon. I once was thinking about how he'd fit the role when I watched something with him.