Will Michael and KITT be reunited?

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knightsteel
Stranger
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Will Michael and KITT be reunited?

Post by Knightsteel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:43 pm

Hi folks. So I am somewhat of a new face in these here parts! That being said I have been viewing this forum (as well as the main site) from afar for quite sometime. Like everyone that comes here, I am a huge Knight Rider fan. Love the main show (goes without saying) but I also love the spin offs in Knight Rider 2000, Team Knight Rider and really liked the the 2008/09 series. Is that controversial to say? Oh well! We like what we like, even when its not necessarily popular. Don't know about you, but I rather like going against popular trends anyway. Was TKR as good as the original? Hell no. Did KR 2008 inspire the same feeling of one man can make a difference? Not even close. But they where good shows in their own right and had enough in the imagination to make me watch every week. I have every episode of TKR on VHS (currently re-watching the series for the first time in years) as well as the 08 show on DVD and I even wrote a fanfic picking up from the events of KR 2000 starring Shawn McCormick. But of course, what we really want is Michael Knight and KITT riding together again once more The original is king.

Over the last year (pre-covid) Hasselhoff had spoken out, a number of times, about a comeback for the show either as a movie or a TV show. Personally, I want it back on TV where it belongs. Knight Rider is not a movie.Its a great TV show about one man making a difference and saving lives with the coolest car ever. Action and adventure for the whole family and feel good TV. Boy do we need that now more then ever. So where dose a KR comeback stand at the moment? I am ever the optimist and believe that Knight Rider will ride once again. Great shows always come back. But has the current pandemic put a stop to the plans that Hassellhoff has been referring to over the last year ? Shame if it has. It seemed things where processing nicely and within in a year or 2 we could be looking at seeing what we all really want, Michael and KITT reunited. So yeah, that's pretty much my first post here. Hope its ok. What a pleasure to be here, within this fandom with you guys, celebrating one of for the greatest show of all time. :kitt:

krrdr2010
FLAG Recruit

Re: Will Michael and KITT be reunited?

Post by krrdr2010 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 pm

Michael and KITT will Be Re-United in some form.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Will Michael and KITT be reunited?

Post by jup » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Agreed. KR should be a show, instead of a movie. Simply put, if they were to go the movie route, it would have to cover too much ground to set up the scene for all the newer generations that may not know the franchise so well. Not that a modern remake of Knight of the Phoenix wouldn't even be a remotely bad thing. After all, that was a truly fine pilot that kick started a very long lived franchise.