Knight Rider - Season Four

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Alex
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider - Season Four

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:57 pm

When Patricia McPherson appeared in the television series Knight Rider in the last episode Voodoo Knight in the day 4 of April of 1986 and then it was over.

And Patricia McPherson went to work in the television series MacGyver episode Jack of Lies on November 3, 1986, but before finishing the series Knight Rider in the last episode Voodoo Knight, what happened to NBC in 1986?

Why is that in the television series Knight Rider - Voodoo Knight is over?

Did he have to do with the actor David Hasselhoff or of the car KITT ? Or will it be that it is the channel NBC? But the actor David Hasselhoff was 34 years and he was young and could continue to work more seasons in the television series Knight Rider in the year 1987,1989 and 1990...do not you think?

It would be very fantastic, because it was only Knight Rider 2000 and was the car Pontiac Banshee and the color was red and then appeared on Knight Rider 2008 February 17, 2008 and it was only the first season and the cast was Justin and Deanna and many others and now it was over, why?

Is there anything that makes no sense to cancel, because the channel NBC must give the explanations is it why that it canceled in the series television Knight Rider 2008? Now we have to continue working and supporting the fans and we can not stop and we must do something and we need more new seasons of television series Knight Rider.

Thank you.

Alex

knightfever
Operative

Re: Knight Rider - Season Four

Post by knightfever » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Hey Alex,

I'm having a hard time understanding your post, but I believe you asking why the show didn't continue past season 4. Unless another KRO member has a more definitive explanation, I believe the simple answer would be that the ratings were dropping. From what I've heard, Season 4 actually had an entirely new writing team, which can be sensed in that last season. The feel of the show was slightly different. The original writers felt that they'd gone as far as they could, so NBC hired a new team of writers to provide for the fourth, and final season. Like I said, this is all stuff I've heard, so if I have any wrong, feel free to correct me. :spmgo:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 pm

knightfever wrote:Hey Alex,

I'm having a hard time understanding your post, but I believe you asking why the show didn't continue past season 4. Unless another KRO member has a more definitive explanation, I believe the simple answer would be that the ratings were dropping. From what I've heard, Season 4 actually had an entirely new writing team, which can be sensed in that last season. The feel of the show was slightly different. The original writers felt that they'd gone as far as they could, so NBC hired a new team of writers to provide for the fourth, and final season. Like I said, this is all stuff I've heard, so if I have any wrong, feel free to correct me. :spmgo:
- It's a bit deeper than this but you're on the right track. Knight Rider did not carry on to a season five because of the extreme budget cuts made by NBC which drove executive producer Robert Foster to the point of madness. He stated if Knight Rider were going to be taken to a Season Five, he would not be involved with it. Given that Foster had carried Knight Rider from Season Two on, I think NBC felt that the magic was lost and decided to close the book adding to the fact the decline in ratings. It was clear by Season Four, they were out of audience grabbing ideas to maintain ratings and that Super Pursuit Mode was their last ditch effort to save the series from cancellation. The Scent of Roses would have made a fitting last episode for the series to conclude on but sadly the network chose instead to give us what is one of the most disliked episodes of the series (Voo Doo Knight) and end things without a proper conclusion.

They tried to revive the series with Knight Rider 2000 but we know how that turned out. I think NBC has always recognized the value of Knight Rider in dollars and cents, but not what makes it work and ultimately that is why their attempts to revive it fail.

=VK=
:dash:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 pm

I like season 4. I like the darker tone and harder edge to the villains and you can tell they were focusing on making the stories of a better quality for the lack of stunts.

The pilot episode was also pretty dark and edgy so season 4 reminds me a lot of the pilot with the exception of certain episodes such as Voo Doo Knight.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

But why did not solve the problems on the NBC television series Knight Rider?

The cast David Hasselhoff, Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden, Peter Parros and the voice of car KITT, Mr.William Daniels and they were fantastic! And the last episode television series Voo Doo Knight is over and it makes no sense! Now we must do something to save the television series Knight Rider and always support and we want to see more episodes Knight Rider when it gave the beginning in the first time to television series Knight Rider in the day 24 of September of 2008.

And NBC did was wrong and very bad for having to cancel the series Knight Rider in 2008 and there were more episodes in Season Two! I believe that the actor David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden and the cast Justin and Deanna and many others liked a lot more to see in the television series Knight Rider!

We also want to see more the new episodes in the series television Knight Rider. And you?
I like seeing very much the car KITT and the series television Knight Rider.

The creator Glen Larson and producer Gary Thompson has the opportunity to do something to save the television series Knight Rider and we need it! And members also Knight Rider Online.

Please and thank you all.

Alex

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:17 pm

In Glen A. Larson we trust.
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Alex wrote:But why did not solve the problems on the NBC television series Knight Rider?

The cast David Hasselhoff, Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden, Peter Parros and the voice of car KITT, Mr.William Daniels and they were fantastic! And the last episode television series Voo Doo Knight is over and it makes no sense! Now we must do something to save the television series Knight Rider and always support and we want to see more episodes Knight Rider when it gave the beginning in the first time to television series Knight Rider in the day 24 of September of 2008.

And NBC did was wrong and very bad for having to cancel the series Knight Rider in 2008 and there were more episodes in Season Two! I believe that the actor David Hasselhoff, Patricia McPherson, Rebecca Holden and the cast Justin and Deanna and many others liked a lot more to see in the television series Knight Rider!

We also want to see more the new episodes in the series television Knight Rider. And you?
I like seeing very much the car KITT and the series television Knight Rider.

The creator Glen Larson and producer Gary Thompson has the opportunity to do something to save the television series Knight Rider and we need it! And members also Knight Rider Online.

Please and thank you all.

Alex
- You can support Knight Rider by keeping the spirit of it alive through attending fan events such as Knight Rider Festival and Knightcon and supporting Glen in his efforts to bring Knight Rider back in a new yet familar mythology with his motion picture plans. You support Knight Rider by keeping sites like this alive and active.

We fans ARE Knight Rider today. We hold the power and the passion to keep the franchise alive and well. As long as we have hope, understanding, and patience - the property will continue to escape extinction no matter how many times someone attempts to revive it and fail in understanding what makes Knight Rider work. NBC had a shot, they had an audience even if they are too prude and arrogant to admit it - they had their chance and they delivered eventual disrespect and disappointment. I make no promises that Glen's vision will be as pure and true to the original series as well but what he has passion, humor, and heart. He knows what Knight Rider should be and what he wishes it to be today. You fans will make all the difference in whether the motion picture will succeed or fail.

In either case Knight Rider, Michael Knight, and K.I.T.T. will continue to exist.

Irony has it right - In Glen Larson We Trust because NBC has abandoned you for at least another decade. It's a harsh thing to say but it is the truth. As it stands right now, Glen is our last hope towards more new Knight Rider adventures. I have done everything in my power for the last 7 years now to help fans recognize his efforts and the many roadblocks that have been put in his way. He hasn't given up on you, please don't give up on him. I have always told people the truth and that will not change.

=VK=
:dash:

Irony
Rookie

Post by Irony » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Glen A. Larson was away from Knight Rider for too long - this is the one and simply put reason why all the other attempts failed. But where was he for so many years?
Intelligence is the right of all free beings

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 am

I really liked is that the creator Glen A. Larson and Gary Thompson doing anything for first on the television series Knight Rider and why NBC canceled and what is the reason for this?

It is necessary to resolve the case of that the NBC, one will not be resolved the problems, then there is no agreement or contract for more seasons to go on Knight Rider 2008, and then the creator Glen Larson and Gary Thompson will choose another new channel to sign the contracts and continue filming the latest series Knight Rider.

But now the name Knight Rider 2008 is no longer possible, because the last episode I Love The Knight Life, which was filmed on March 4, 2009 is over and then was canceled by NBC and now we must choose a new title Knight Rider, the cast and many others too.

My question is going to be this: When will you get the new television series Knight Rider? Will it be the year 2011 or 2012? We do not know...

We will support the creator Glen A. Larson and the stars and the cast Justin Bruening and the Deanna Russo also, because the actor David Hasselhoff, Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson and Peter Parros were fantastic! I liked very much and we want to see more the seasons in the series television Knight Rider and the car KITT also.

And I always support the sites fantastic Knight Rider Online, KnightCon and Knight Rider Festival that was created by Paul Casey. And we have to keep working forever and continue to support the series Knigt Rider.

Remember once again that when the actor died (Wilton Knight) he said: "One Man Can Make a Difference", please do not forget and we must all make a difference and we must always continue to support the television series Knight Rider, because it is very important!

I believe that Michael Knight and the voice of the car KITT and the Dra. Bonnie Barstow is going to continue are forever in the series television Knight Rider and the new cast also.

Knight Rider - “One Man Can Make a Difference".

Alex

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:35 am

With Glen at the helm, I should imagine that his film will have a dark tone to it like the pilot episode of the original series was.

What's Daniel Haller up to these days? Why not get him to direct?

I know he is in his 80's now but it could be a final hurrah for him.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:21 am

The creator of Glen A. Larson knows very well and Daniel Haller I do not know. But the year 1980 in the television series Knight Rider was a great success and is now stopped and we must continue to work forward, because most lack the seasons and the remains of the stars and also the actor Justin Bruening and the actress Deanna Russo.

But if not for saving the television series Knight Rider be saved in the series to continue more the seasons then who could it save? The series television Fame, Star Trek, The Dukes of Hazzard and many others made a lot more seasons! That was very good.

Now the most important is to save the television series Knight Rider, please do not forget that.

Alex

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:50 am

This may be tough to hear but after 4 season on the air it really was time for Knight Rider to drive off into the sunset. It was once a top-20ish show, by season 4 its rank dropped down to the 50s. And although it had some bright spots (Juggernaut, Scent of Roses), by the 4th season the creative juices were running thin. It's always sad when a show overstays its welcome, and I think a 5th season would have been pushing things too far. We had 4 good seasons and should be proud that Knight Rider ended while it was still a decent show.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 am

The crazy thing is, compared to today's standards, 4 seasons is not a lot and a show that makes it to around 4 seasons today would probably be considered as average.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:04 pm

Do not you give up to all of fans Knight Rider, because the hope never dies and one day goes to reborn new of the series the television Knight Rider.

Alex

knightygal
Volunteer

Post by knightygal » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 pm

I agree that season four definitely had to have had a new writing team. I think NBC canceled it due to poor ratings. I myself think that there was no hope for the show. It's hard to remake a classic like the original.