The FLAG Trailer

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The FLAG Trailer

Post by imranbecks » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:18 am

I have always wanted to have a scale model of the FLAG trailer....but since it is unavailable, I have an alternative.. Tell me what u guys think....

Introducing........

Last edited by imranbecks on Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:52 am

funny, paint it black and add the chess piece, and it will look pretty good :-D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:29 am

A good idea. At first I thought it was the toy, and not a cardboard cut out, and I was going to scream bloody murder if you spray painted it black. :) But it would be a good idea to make the trailer like the semi, since it is just a paper replica.

82TransAm
Recruit

Post by 82TransAm » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:17 am

Hehe not mention, KARR's Voice is Optimus Prime

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:27 am

neps wrote:A good idea. At first I thought it was the toy, and not a cardboard cut out, and I was going to scream bloody murder if you spray painted it black. :) But it would be a good idea to make the trailer like the semi, since it is just a paper replica.
I need to have a proper cardboard size, probably about the same size cardboard trailer that was used for the Masterpiece Convoy. I can then fold it up so it can be the trailer. That way I can paint it black or just wrap it with black paper and just paste the gold trims and the FLAG logo on the trailer... But one problem though, what shd I use for the cab? No way am I gonna paint the red of optimus prime to black LOL!!!! :lol:

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:53 am

I had to laugh when I first saw the idea you had. But once I saw that it was cardboard - I though "not a bad idea after all".

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:39 am

the trailer looks like goliaths, only because the main colour is grey.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Goldwings
Rookie

Post by Goldwings » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:33 am

imranbecks wrote:
neps wrote:A good idea. At first I thought it was the toy, and not a cardboard cut out, and I was going to scream bloody murder if you spray painted it black. :) But it would be a good idea to make the trailer like the semi, since it is just a paper replica.
I need to have a proper cardboard size, probably about the same size cardboard trailer that was used for the Masterpiece Convoy. I can then fold it up so it can be the trailer. That way I can paint it black or just wrap it with black paper and just paste the gold trims and the FLAG logo on the trailer... But one problem though, what shd I use for the cab? No way am I gonna paint the red of optimus prime to black LOL!!!! :lol:
o.O Yeah I was going to say...a TAKARA Masterpiece Optimus Prime. You would have to be crazy! :lol: That would be a pretty expensive kitbash I should say. Have you tried finding a simlar truck with a metal trailer to possibly kitbash it out of?

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:32 am

Goldwings wrote:
imranbecks wrote:
o.O Yeah I was going to say...a TAKARA Masterpiece Optimus Prime. You would have to be crazy! :lol: That would be a pretty expensive kitbash I should say. Have you tried finding a simlar truck with a metal trailer to possibly kitbash it out of?
I'm afraid not... The trailer is very big... I would be lucky if I can find a trailer of that size so I can paint it with the colours of FLAG.... So far, I have not been lucky..

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:58 am

How about the Revell Racing Truck and trailer model kits? They come in 1/32 scale and are easy to build because they are the "snap-tite" kind, no messing with glue. You can use a spray can on it, comes quite cheap (in ebay, not sure if they are still available in hobby stores). They are designed to carry cars so the trailer part comes really close to the FLAG's semi-truck/trailer. Here's are some examples in ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 95993&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 22593&rd=1

There's also the 1/25 scale reefer trailer model kit from Monogram or AMT but they are a bit hard to find online or in ebay. They are pretty large and can probably accomodate the Masterpiece Optimus Prime.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:38 am

Hehehe cool

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:41 am

Actually, I would recommend purchasing a 1/24 scale semi truck and tractor trailer (each sold seperately) and then customizing them over to look like the FLAG semi.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:45 pm

I'm currently customising a trailer to become FLAG. Those that have the Aoshima FLAG trailer, are the gold lines around the trailer suppose to be continuous behind the trailer ramp?

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:32 pm

imranbecks wrote:I'm currently customising a trailer to become FLAG. Those that have the Aoshima FLAG trailer, are the gold lines around the trailer suppose to be continuous behind the trailer ramp?
i too am making a custom flag semi.can you help me out with a good image of the logo?
thanks,chris

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:47 pm

pewter 02ws6 wrote:
imranbecks wrote:I'm currently customising a trailer to become FLAG. Those that have the Aoshima FLAG trailer, are the gold lines around the trailer suppose to be continuous behind the trailer ramp?
i too am making a custom flag semi.can you help me out with a good image of the logo?
thanks,chris
My FLAG semi will be quite small. It will look perfect beside the hot wheels KITT so u can imagine the scale. 1/64 is it?

Can u beleive it, this is the truck I used!!!!>>>

Shd be finishing soon.. Already halfway done, I just have to paste the FLAG logo on the trailer.

Anyway, the FLAG logo i'm using is from the Aoshima 1/43 KR cars packaging where there is the small logo of FLAG, perfect for my trailer... I tried printing the logo small from the one I saved in my PC, but after printing it, the image blurred... The logo I have in my computer is big... Not sure if it will be suitable for your trailer... What scale will yours be at?

On another note, do u or anyone here have any idea what that red logo at the front top of the trailer that I have circled in the pic below is?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:10 pm

imranbecks wrote:On another note, do u or anyone here have any idea what that red logo at the front top of the trailer that I have circled in the pic below is?
My best guess is that its just a red oval logo with a thin white line outlining it. :)

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:38 pm

Its finally done! The FLAG semi! The blue marks u see on the truck are hard to reach places. Too narrow for the brush or marker to get through... (I'm not good at painting :lol: )

It looks great with the Hot Wheels KITT!!!

From this:

To this!!!!!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:18 am

Not bad...not bad at all! Although you can purchase a very small and fine brush and attempt to paint the remaining blue hard to reach areas. I am also contemplating on purchasing a 1/32 scale Revell racing semi and painting it to match the rolling FLAG headquarters. It will have to wait though, time is a bit of a luxury that I can't afford at the moment.