Knight License Plate For The New Series

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight License Plate For The New Series

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:25 am

Anyone think that the new car will have the license plate KNIGHT?

Nelson B
Operative

Re: Knight License Plate For The New Series

Post by Nelson B » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:19 pm

Well if they stick with tradition the plate will say Tracer. But then I sometimes wonder why kitt didn't have his own plate karr did?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:32 pm

This is a good question. We should start placing some bets here. :) I think they're going to go the simple bland route and have the plate either say "KITT" or "KI3000." I definitely don't think it will be a non-specialized plate.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:43 pm

I agree with Nelson, it should say TRACER since the reason the original one said KNIGHT was because it was the name of the driver. That or KITT.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for a generic plate. It makes it harder to identify the vehicle as KITT if you're a bad guy. The military refers to that as either stealth or Force Protection.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:49 pm

I'd really like to see the good old LIC. PLATE function, one with a custom (KNIGHT/KITT/TRACER) plate and one generic plate...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:25 pm

How about KI3K? Either that or TRACER I guess, anyway I don't know if it should say KNIGHT because that's the original KITT's licenseplate, even KARR had different licenseplate, also the other Foundation vehicles had other plates, FLAG for the Limo and generic plates for the semi & Devon's Mercedes.

Knightling
Recruit

Post by Knightling » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:59 pm

I really hope it doesn't say "TRACER." The original said "KNIGHT" becuase of the company that constructed KITT. Knight Industries in a way constructed Michael in the pilot, so they too gave him the name Knight. I really don't think they give out license plates to whoever drives it. What if the driver's name happened to be Smelvin?

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Knightling wrote:I really hope it doesn't say "TRACER." The original said "KNIGHT" becuase of the company that constructed KITT. Knight Industries in a way constructed Michael in the pilot, so they too gave him the name Knight. I really don't think they give out license plates to whoever drives it. What if the driver's name happened to be Smelvin?
:lol:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:12 pm

Here's a bold move: Suppose the car has a KNIGHT plate on it. Then Mike goes out and transfers KITT into his name and replaces the plate with TRACER. (Or maybe just tries to.) It could be a funny scene and create a lot of food friction between the two characters.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:23 pm

It was interesting that there were no official license plates on the cars at the Ford PR event. I wonder if it was on purpose to prevent any potential spoilers in the story, or if the plate's text is still yet to be determined like the car's dashboard. If the car is going to shift shapes, I have no doubt that there will be a plate switching mechanism for disguise purposes. So I would guess that one plate will be a typical California plate and the Attack version will have the specialized plate, whatever it may be.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:45 am

I'm with Knightling on the plate being named after the company and effectively Wilton Knight.
When KARR was replaced by KITT, the latest car had the KNIGHT plate and the previous version was retired with it's own plate. If the same were to repeat, KITT should have his own KITT plate and KNIGHT would be transfered to the new car.

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:24 am

Knightling wrote:I really hope it doesn't say "TRACER." The original said "KNIGHT" becuase of the company that constructed KITT.
ok I stand corrected. If that's the case then it should say knight.

although like I said there are good reasons for it to be a generic plate too, less identifiable. I doubt the CIA agents drive around in cars labeled "CIA" on the license plate. lol ;)

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:26 pm

If Graiman (the character who helped build KITT and built the 3000), the plate might say 'Graiman.'

krfan1

Kirin
Recruit

Post by Kirin » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:35 pm

It has always made me wonder that why in the world of Knight Rider did know one know who Wilton Knight was? If he was one of the richest men around, wouldn't having a plate that read "KNIGHT" be like having one that read "GATES", "TRUMP", or "FORBES"?

Yet in the Pilot episode the Comtrom bad guys at are a loss to explain who built KITT and where he came from, when they should have easily realized, "oh that crazy old millionaire/billionaire codger Wilton Knight built him". You could say Knight was some sort of quiet millionaire that know one knew about, but it's hard for me to believe. Imagine if you came across a supercar with a plate that read "TRUMP"?

young-nyc
Recruit

Post by young-nyc » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:16 am

i'm sure it'll say KNIGHT...

i guess we'll all have to wait and see

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:51 am

It would be cool if Mike Tracer and Michael bump heads at first and perhaps during most of the movie, and then ultimately Mike accepts his destiny and who he is...then, when he's ready to jump behind the wheel, we see that he uses the "KNIGHT" license plate.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:04 am

Lost Knight wrote:It would be cool if Mike Tracer and Michael bump heads at first and perhaps during most of the movie, and then ultimately Mike accepts his destiny and who he is...then, when he's ready to jump behind the wheel, we see that he uses the "KNIGHT" licence plate.
Oh yes, I read somewhere that Mike Tracer is a reluctant hero. Maybe if he finds out who his father is, meet him and Michael makes him believe that one man indeed can make a difference, from that point Mike would accept his destiny as a man who can make a difference, change the plates, save Sarah's father etc.
As a reluctant hero it might result very funny bickering between Mike and the new KITT though :lol:

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:20 am

KITT, still means Knight Industries Three Thousand... Simple, yet effective. :kitt: