K.A.T.T.

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TT Snim
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.A.T.T.

Post by TT Snim » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:49 pm

OH! Good one guys!

KC... Knight Critter

:P

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

K.A.T.T.

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Katt:
<STRONG>

Heh, thanks for changing it. I do allow people to use KATT in their fanfic, but they have to have my permission. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I have been reading through this for some time, and well, I guess I have to step forth and bring up a little something about this whole acronym claiming.

1) You have every right to be protective of YOUR character, but KATT can be a pretty common acronym, as we can see on the board.

2)If you have fic up, finished, and in place, (anywhere on the net, even including fanfiction.net) then the claim can be highly legitimate, but otherwise, it is just a name, not even your character. That would be like having a fit over anybody else using the name Danni. As long as they don't mean the same thing, and as long as the new author puts some detailed effort into it and doesn't leave it hanging in the air, then they are more than welcome to it.

I encourage fan fic. I encourage originality. Never get me wrong on that. But at the same time, there have to be some limits on some territories. I think that as long as they do not mean the same thing, there is some leeway here.

knightimmortal

Katt
Operative

K.A.T.T.

Post by Katt » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>

Now, I have been reading through this for some time, and well, I guess I have to step forth and bring up a little something about this whole acronym claiming.

1) You have every right to be protective of YOUR character, but KATT can be a pretty common acronym, as we can see on the board.

2)If you have fic up, finished, and in place, (anywhere on the net, even including fanfiction.net) then the claim can be highly legitimate, but otherwise, it is just a name, not even your character. That would be like having a fit over anybody else using the name Danni. As long as they don't mean the same thing, and as long as the new author puts some detailed effort into it and doesn't leave it hanging in the air, then they are more than welcome to it.

I encourage fan fic. I encourage originality. Never get me wrong on that. But at the same time, there have to be some limits on some territories. I think that as long as they do not mean the same thing, there is some leeway here.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I unfortuantly lost the ones I had of her, but she has appeared in numerous fanfics with my OK, I can easily get a list if you want to see them.

But yes, as long as the meaning is different, I don't care.

Katt
Operative

K.A.T.T.

Post by Katt » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:00 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>

Now that I got to read through the novel version of KR's pilot, I discovered a disturbing fact. It seems that Bonnie DIDN'T BUILD a male AI. It seems that when Michael came into the picture as KITT's pilot, the voice modulator was changed into a male sounding voice in order to keep Michael from hitting on his "female" partner. So, maybe KITT and KATT SHOULDN'T get a "thing" going.

KARR, on the other hand, has always been a male AI. (Probably built by men.)

Who would have thought...KITT and KARR were like some sort of battle of the sexes.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*laughs* Kitt as a female AI, now that's a funny image! Can you imagine what would of happen if they had kept the voice modulator female? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

K.A.T.T.

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Katt:
<STRONG>

I unfortuantly lost the ones I had of her, but she has appeared in numerous fanfics with my OK, I can easily get a list if you want to see them.

But yes, as long as the meaning is different, I don't care.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'd like to get to know your character a little more, so go ahead and send it to my email address. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

KOSI
Recruit

K.A.T.T.

Post by KOSI » Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:14 pm

Knight designations used in fics that I have either written, or am writing (Mostly the latter):
K.O.S.I.-1996 Subaru SVX, silver and blue two-tone, indigo scanner.
Knight Organoelectronic Symbiotic Intelligence
K.I.O.T.-Black 1980 Pontiac Trans-Am
Knight Industries One Thousand
K.I.T.E.-Black 1980 Chevrolet Corvette
Knight Industries Technology Experimental
I had one called K.A.S.U.M.I., but I can't remember what it was for...

CK
Operative

K.A.T.T.

Post by CK » Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:03 pm

I remembered in the novel they didn't want to use the female voice cuz then they would have to name the AI Agnes or something. I hate that name [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] Kitt is much, much better [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheri

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Dec 02, 2002 1:03 pm

I've never seen it, but doesn't Knight Rider 2010 have a female car in it? :shock:

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:01 pm

Sith wrote:I've never seen it, but doesn't Knight Rider 2010 have a female car in it? :shock:
Yes. She was some sort of crystal device memory recording of a dead woman, rather than an AI. (Artificial Inteligence) Perhaps, AL (Artificial Lifeform) would be more appropriate. (?)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: K.A.T.T.

Post by jup » Tue Dec 03, 2002 11:12 pm

Katt wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Can you imagine what would of happen if they had kept the voice modulator female? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
To quote novel Devon's reply to keeping a female voice around Michael, "...In your case that would be---" Devon shuddered. "Disastrous."

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:55 pm

On a semi-off topic note, a recent JAG episode had one of the co-star characters commenting about writing a Fan Fiction.

Can this mean that "Hollywood" recognizes the existance of Fan Fic's? :D

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:45 pm

Um... This is a reply to the X-mass chalenge, as well as an answer to the over ratted name KATT...

*Drum roles*

T.A.H.O!

*Drums start to slowly beat as Nativamerican images of horses float by*

A clipping from the scribble littering my not so spiffy PC...

^_^

The power crept up in to all systems. A fuzz jumped the link to Kitt as the AI started to jolt and awaken.
“Two... one... main system go.”
Taho shuddered. Kitt felt the confused scans sweep the place.
“I am the Technological Artificial Horse Operation, or TAHO, if it would suit you.”
The voice was soft, silky, shy.
“Female?” Kitt asked.

^_^

:D TADAH! *Cough* Now all I need to do is HTML tag this thing, load it on to my web blurb and give you guys a link... *Cough Cough* It'll ba a while...

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:33 pm

jup wrote:On a semi-off topic note, a recent JAG episode had one of the co-star characters commenting about writing a Fan Fiction.

Can this mean that "Hollywood" recognizes the existance of Fan Fic's? :D
Buffy did it too and I think there was another show that I'm not remembering at the moment. I think fanfic writing is about to get a moment or two of mainstream attention (kind of like blogging did recently). It'll probably get its 15 minutes of fame as the 'newest' internet fad.

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:38 am

Snim!! *grabs* Post that story! I have got to read that!:)

Is this why you were asking about KITT having offspring?:)

Babs Bunny

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:19 pm

How's This One... K.O.R.E.: Knight Operations Renegade Executioner
Have the voice of :evil: HHH :twisted: (The Game).Think of him as the son of K.A.R.R.
Scary. :shock:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDqBKQX ... 667339[img]