Well, in 2 weeks we get something us fans have waited for...

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Well, in 2 weeks we get something us fans have waited for...

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:10 pm

we get to see 'Kitt vs Karr" uncut!! :D :D we will all now get the chance to see the famous talked about scene how Karr got his color and made John put the "Killer" look on. Very few fans have scene this and now we will witness it on 013106!! YES!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:43 pm

yeah, but on what channel will it air. besides it airs the same day season 3 comes out on dvd.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:47 pm

I had gotten a DVD set pre-ordered, so it will come in the mail soon.

knightridergundam
Operative

Re: Well, in 2 weeks we get something us fans have waited fo

Post by knightridergundam » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:45 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:we get to see 'Kitt vs Karr" uncut!! :D :D we will all now get the chance to see the famous talked about scene how Karr got his color and made John put the "Killer" look on. Very few fans have scene this and now we will witness it on 013106!! YES!
5\/\/337!!!!! 0h, M1|<3 y0|_|, 5|-|0u|) w1p3 7h/-\7 s|_0bb3r 0ff y0|_|r (|-|1n...... :lol: 8) 8)

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:56 pm

knightridergundam wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:we get to see 'Kitt vs Karr" uncut!! :D :D we will all now get the chance to see the famous talked about scene how Karr got his color and made John put the "Killer" look on. Very few fans have scene this and now we will witness it on 013106!! YES!
5\/\/337!!!!! 0h, M1|<3 y0|_|, 5|-|0u|) w1p3 7h/-\7 s|_0bb3r 0ff y0|_|r (|-|1n...... :lol: 8) 8)

! 10\/3 1337!!! :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:42 am

knightfan1 wrote:yeah, but on what channel will it air. besides it airs the same day season 3 comes out on dvd.
LOL, I think that is what they are refering too. The DVD release! It won't
be on TV. (Not to my knowledge anyways?)
Brian - Knightdriver.com

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:30 pm

knightdriver wrote:
knightfan1 wrote:yeah, but on what channel will it air. besides it airs the same day season 3 comes out on dvd.
LOL, I think that is what they are refering too. The DVD release! It won't
be on TV. (Not to my knowledge anyways?)
correct, I figured EVERYONE KNEW that it comes out on 013106 on DVD. I wasn't talking tv cause it still get's cut to this day, I was refering all the fans can buy season 3 and have it uncut like the first 2 seasons.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:56 pm

knightridergundam wrote:

Huh?? sorry, didn't get all the secret code :P

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm

yea i dont understand chimp writing

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:44 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
knightridergundam wrote:

Let me do the 1337 Translation. :D
It says, "SWEET!!!!! Oh, Mike you should wipe that slobber off your chin."

:lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:21 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:
knightridergundam wrote: 5\/\/337!!!!! 0h, M1|<3 y0|_|, 5|-|0u|) w1p3 7h/-\7 s|_0bb3r 0ff y0|_|r (|-|1n...... :lol: 8) 8)

Let me do the 1337 Translation. :D
It says, "SWEET!!!!! Oh, Mike you should wipe that slobber off your chin."

:lol:
oh ok, I got ya, no problem, I have plenty of paper towles to wipe away the slobber. :twisted: Thanks. 8)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:51 pm

Um, the scene in question will not be on the dvd simply because this sequence was dropped from the final version of the episode.

It wasn't a case of simply editing it out on syndicate versions because this sequence never officially existed anyway.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:14 pm

Skav wrote:Um, the scene in question will not be on the dvd simply because this sequence was dropped from the final version of the episode.

It wasn't a case of simply editing it out on syndicate versions because this sequence never officially existed anyway.
It was in the uncut original broadcast version -- at least KARR asking to be painted so he would look different was (I don't think they showed the actual painting happening).

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:18 pm

What.... Now I am confused......

And it is not chimp talk... It is l337. Easy to learn.
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:14 pm

knightshade wrote:
Skav wrote:Um, the scene in question will not be on the dvd simply because this sequence was dropped from the final version of the episode.

It was in the uncut original broadcast version -- at least KARR asking to be painted so he would look different was (I don't think they showed the actual painting happening).
Yeah you are right. I did some checking. I'm actually surprised I didn't see it on the version shown on Bravo here in the UK as the episodes are pretty much intact except for shots of violence or cheeky language(the "sit and spin" comment by michael in the pilot was cut).

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:25 am

Lets not forget that we will also see Knight of The Drones uncut complete with KITT showing off his new features and the one-and-only pre-credits sequence in the history of the show!

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:48 am

So is there a good chance for music being changed in the next 2 seasons? Ive said this before and Ive said it again... Im gonna be really pissed if they change the Tina Turner song in Knight of the Juggernaut from season 4. I dont like Tina Turner but I like that song and thought it fit perfectly into the scene. I actually found the version they used in the episode. I happened to wake up this morning and my brother was watching the Music Choice 80's channel and it came on. Its Tina Turner- We dont need another Hero from the album Simply the Best.

The versions I have downloaded before she always sounds like shes got a extremly dry throat at age 90... I know that she usually sounds like this... but its more so than usual and definatly not the version from the episode.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:59 pm

There are a lot of episodes in season 3 where they are introduced with pop/rock songs so this is pretty worrying.

The Prince song in 'White Line Warriors' in season 2 wasn't a central point in the scene of the episode so the change was barely noticeable but in season 3, the songs are a focus of the scene.

We will have to see how this pans out but it'd be a shame if the quality goes down hill from here as they have been pretty great up until now.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:26 am

There are a few Prince songs used in Season 3 -- "Little Red Corvette" in Knight of the Drones, "When Doves Cry" in Dead of Knight -- I would expect those to be replaced.

Not many people noticed it with Season 2, but the opening titles for the second half of the season weren't from the original broadcasts (two shots changed -- K.I.T.T.'s underside as he enters the semi, and the image of him speeding past camera on the highway as we pull back to see his monitor). I wouldn't be surprised if the Season 3 DVD retains the standard Season 3 opening titles for all the episodes, including Knight of the Drones (which had its own unique opening titles -- Season 3 clips with the Season 2 dash). For some reason that's the way we get it in Europe in syndication. Hopefully it won't be the case.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:37 pm

Paul, I remember you talking about the shots being changed before. Those shots looked the same to me as they did when I saw the originals that were dubbed to Columbia House. We got a shot of Kitt's belly going into the semi, April using some light up shiny tool, and then the shot of KITT near the end thru his monitor.

How were the shots originally done, if my memory is skewed?

-Scott
Knight Rider Archive wrote:There are a few Prince songs used in Season 3 -- "Little Red Corvette" in Knight of the Drones, "When Doves Cry" in Dead of Knight -- I would expect those to be replaced.

Not many people noticed it with Season 2, but the opening titles for the second half of the season weren't from the original broadcasts (two shots changed -- K.I.T.T.'s underside as he enters the semi, and the image of him speeding past camera on the highway as we pull back to see his monitor). I wouldn't be surprised if the Season 3 DVD retains the standard Season 3 opening titles for all the episodes, including Knight of the Drones (which had its own unique opening titles -- Season 3 clips with the Season 2 dash). For some reason that's the way we get it in Europe in syndication. Hopefully it won't be the case.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:54 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:There are a few Prince songs used in Season 3 -- "Little Red Corvette" in Knight of the Drones, "When Doves Cry" in Dead of Knight -- I would expect those to be replaced.
Isn't "Little Red Corvette" the song that was removed from "White-Line Warriors"? If that's the case, we can almost guarantee it will be removed again in Season 3. In Universal's defense, though, I've heard that Prince is protective over his music, which may make it difficult for studios to license his songs.
Knight Rider Archive wrote:Not many people noticed it with Season 2, but the opening titles for the second half of the season weren't from the original broadcasts (two shots changed -- K.I.T.T.'s underside as he enters the semi, and the image of him speeding past camera on the highway as we pull back to see his monitor). I wouldn't be surprised if the Season 3 DVD retains the standard Season 3 opening titles for all the episodes, including Knight of the Drones (which had its own unique opening titles -- Season 3 clips with the Season 2 dash). For some reason that's the way we get it in Europe in syndication. Hopefully it won't be the case.
That's interesting. Never noticed it. But, is it possible that these opening credits did in fact originally air that way, only they were later changed by networks for syndication? I know Universal has a track record of removing music from their DVDs, but I have not known them to tamper with the actual footage of their shows. Yet, anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:01 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
Isn't "Little Red Corvette" the song that was removed from "White-Line Warriors"? If that's the case, we can almost guarantee it will be removed again in Season 3. In Universal's defense, though, I've heard that Prince is protective over his music, which may make it difficult for studios to license his songs.
Knight Rider Archive wrote:Not many people noticed it with Season 2, but the opening titles for the second half of the season weren't from the original broadcasts (two shots changed -- K.I.T.T.'s underside as he enters the semi, and the image of him speeding past camera on the highway as we pull back to see his monitor). I wouldn't be surprised if the Season 3 DVD retains the standard Season 3 opening titles for all the episodes, including Knight of the Drones (which had its own unique opening titles -- Season 3 clips with the Season 2 dash). For some reason that's the way we get it in Europe in syndication. Hopefully it won't be the case.
That's interesting. Never noticed it. But, is it possible that these opening credits did in fact originally air that way, only they were later changed by networks for syndication? I know Universal has a track record of removing music from their DVDs, but I have not known them to tamper with the actual footage of their shows. Yet, anyway.
That is interesting. I never knew that Universal changed the music like that. Then again Knight Rider was in sindacation (I can't spell) when I was born.

I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:17 am

I've just double-checked before writing this. Columbia House did retain the original opening titles. The (small) change in the shots I mentioned starts with "A Knight in Shining Armor", and continues through the rest of the season.

a) Early Season 2: K.I.T.T.'s underside is from the first season (and they use the view of him entering the semi from Inside Out). Late Season 2: It is replaced with the standard turbo boost undercarriage shot (from a miniature).

b) The shots on the monitor. Early Season 2: K.I.T.T. speeding round a corner past camera (from "Brother's Keeper", as they try to dump the minotaur bomb). Late Season 2: It is replaced with a shot of K.I.T.T. again speeding past camera, this time on a winding road (from "Custom K.I.T.T.", as they chase Carrie's stolen car). The subsequent seasons stick with this shot.

The Season 2 DVDs (Regions 1 & 2), use the Early Season 2 opening titles for all Season 2 shows. It also happened on the previous Best of Knight Rider DVD released from Universal Playback. No idea why, but it's there to see.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;