A real-life turbo boost, sorta

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A real-life turbo boost, sorta

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:10 am

MSNBC (via Associated Press) has an article entitled "A car that can jump over obstacles". Essentially, Bose (yes, the music company) has developed an automobile suspension system that can lift wheels entirely off the ground to avoid hitting small obstacles in the road:

"...a test driver guides a Lexus at 25 mph toward what would appear to be an unfriendly introduction to a two-by-six lying on its side, ankle-high. A childlike grin spreads across 76-year-old Amar Bose's face as the vehicle does something most can't: jump over the board, like a cat bounding over a fallen log."

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10217088/

knightriderno2
Recruit

Post by knightriderno2 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:29 am

Hmmm, interesting.

A company which has made sound equipment for years just decide to make a car that can jump over obstacles....... :| :wink:
Go to this site for FREE game soundtracks: http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=527

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:25 pm

I hope that vehicle had a safe landing....

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:41 pm

I hope the guys at Knight Registries are keeping their kitt replicas in pristine condition because we are getting closer and closer to having all the components to simulate a real kitt in our time.It might cost you a second morgage and soem might end up living in the kitt but hey its Knight Rider!!!

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:03 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I hope the guys at Knight Registries are keeping their kitt replicas in pristine condition because we are getting closer and closer to having all the components to simulate a real kitt in our time.It might cost you a second morgage and soem might end up living in the kitt but hey its Knight Rider!!!
very great points!! :twisted:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:33 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I hope the guys at Knight Registries are keeping their kitt replicas in pristine condition because we are getting closer and closer to having all the components to simulate a real kitt in our time.It might cost you a second morgage and soem might end up living in the kitt but hey its Knight Rider!!!
Very interesting to say the least. In 5 years, watch, we will have little black Trans Am jumping all over the place......(or in my case a white '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse)

5\/\/337n355
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.