KNIGHT RIDER SEASON 3 - JANUARY 31st, 2006 AS PER STUDIO

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:49 pm

What I am looking forward to is the uncut Knight of the Drones complete with the rare "teaser" and the sequence where KITT shows off his goods.

-Scott

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:08 am

KNIGHT RIDER SEASON 3 DVD now available for pre-order at Amazon.com. I have just pre-ordered it... :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BU ... d&v=glance

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:48 pm

PBH wrote:That would be awesome! I have NEVER seen the blooper reel and am dying to! Someone message me if you have a hook-up :)
From what I've heard of how the blooper real was discovered was that Glen Larson gave it to only 5 people,trusted them to not give it out,and someone betrayed that trust.Copies of copies were released and you can get it on ebay for cheap.I wouldn't think of it much of an extra becuase its only about a 20 minute gag real.I have the longest version of the blooper real from ebay.

Please do not ask me for the source of this information that is classified.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:47 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:What I am looking forward to is the uncut Knight of the Drones complete with the rare "teaser" and the sequence where KITT shows off his goods.

-Scott
whats the rare teaser???

I know on VHS Boxset 1 it just started with Kitt driving along then going to Cj Jacksons escape, cut to the main theme title.

Can you clear this up is this up for me.

Thanks.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 pm

Great news :dance:
It's a shame Universal are entering the "bonus" episode... very stupid & pointless move if U ask me :roll:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:11 am

If you think adding a bonus episode from the next season is stupid,take a look at a-team season 2.They added the episode brothers keeper from the show knight rider as the only bonus they had.The A team had no bonuses on season 1 or 2.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:02 pm

Well, I think that makes more sense from their point of view. Hopefully by watching that episode, people may decide to buy Knight Rider, thus increasing their sales. It's a little odd from a collectors point of view though as you have a random episode of another TV series in your collection.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:15 pm

I was wondering why Knight Rider didnt include a episode of A-team.

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:51 pm

Wizster wrote:Well, I think that makes more sense from their point of view. Hopefully by watching that episode, people may decide to buy Knight Rider, thus increasing their sales. It's a little odd from a collectors point of view though as you have a random episode of another TV series in your collection.
"More sense" ? you must be joking! I don't think that the people who purchase the knight rider seasons would need more conviction in order to buy the last season set.
But... an episode from a different series might, just might, appeal to a wider audience - hence a potential bigger profit will occur.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:22 am

citizen_x wrote:
Wizster wrote:Well, I think that makes more sense from their point of view. Hopefully by watching that episode, people may decide to buy Knight Rider, thus increasing their sales. It's a little odd from a collectors point of view though as you have a random episode of another TV series in your collection.
"More sense" ? you must be joking! I don't think that the people who purchase the knight rider seasons would need more conviction in order to buy the last season set.
But... an episode from a different series might, just might, appeal to a wider audience - hence a potential bigger profit will occur.
I agree with you, and that's what I was trying to say
Knight Racer wrote:take a look at a-team season 2.They added the episode brothers keeper from the show knight rider
It was this comment I was responding too. Having a Knight Rider episode as an extra on an A-Team dvd is better than having, eg an repeated episode in the A-Team collection

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:38 am

Wizster wrote:
citizen_x wrote:
Wizster wrote:I agree with you, and that's what I was trying to say.

I know... I was referring to the stupid common sense at Universal.
The fans know (much much) better. :wink:

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:48 am

citizen_x wrote: The fans know (much much) better. :wink:
They certainly do :D

PBH
FLAG Assistant

MENU SCREEN

Post by PBH » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:27 pm

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:05 am

Whats up with the sneak peeks?

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:43 pm

Whet,

Apparently, the original airing of Knight of the Drones began with a teaser sequence. This sequence was the drones breaking CJ out of prison, and THEN it goes into the opening credit sequence.

This was the only time it happened in the series.

-Scott

whet wrote:
Scott Kirkessner wrote:What I am looking forward to is the uncut Knight of the Drones complete with the rare "teaser" and the sequence where KITT shows off his goods.

-Scott
whats the rare teaser???

I know on VHS Boxset 1 it just started with Kitt driving along then going to Cj Jacksons escape, cut to the main theme title.

Can you clear this up is this up for me.

Thanks.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:59 am

Scott Kirkessner wrote:Apparently, the original airing of Knight of the Drones began with a teaser sequence. This sequence was the drones breaking CJ out of prison, and THEN it goes into the opening credit sequence.

This was the only time it happened in the series.
I'm pretty confident that this original teaser will be in the Region 1 set. As for other regions, they'll probably be screwed as with the other sets. Here in the states, Universal's track record indicates that they don't edit episodes. Only music.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:17 pm

Knight Racer - just a clarification on the blooper reel...only 3 copies were given out, and it wasn't by Glen Larson but another person involved with the show (who I won't reveal). I have one of the 3 copies and I NEVER made a copy of it. One of the other people (who I won't mention) made the copies that eventually sold on Ebay. It's a shame that Universal won't officially release the blooper reels. My copy is nearly crystal clear and includes some less-than-crystal clear camcorder footage shot on set as well.

Joe

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:08 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Knight Racer - just a clarification on the blooper reel...only 3 copies were given out, and it wasn't by Glen Larson but another person involved with the show (who I won't reveal). I have one of the 3 copies and I NEVER made a copy of it. One of the other people (who I won't mention) made the copies that eventually sold on Ebay. It's a shame that Universal won't officially release the blooper reels. My copy is nearly crystal clear and includes some less-than-crystal clear camcorder footage shot on set as well.

Joe
so in your will, who is the lucky person to get your copy? :twisted: :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:15 am

Season 3 of Knight Rider region 2 won't be out before the region 1..
today i got an email from the site i ordered it from, that said that Universal had change their dates...
to bad

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:59 pm

really? I was looking forward to ordering season three sometime in Febuary.

On the bright side of things, at least we know season 3 will eventually come SOMETIME in early 06! Thats what i'm hoping anyways...
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:26 pm

I've got mine pre-ordered at Amazon.com already. The site says it'll be released on Jan 31, 2006 so I can't wait. :) It'll be nice to see KARR in action again, too. ;)

:karr:

TheKnightFox
Operative

Post by TheKnightFox » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:34 pm

yeah, i can't wait either! I really enjoyed seeing Trust Doesn't Rust.

Sometimes i wish they showed more of KARR than just a few episodes...

Season three is one of the next things on my 'must buy these dvd's list':

but i have to order season one of the anime: Jing the King of Bandits first. It's an anime i've wanted to see since 8th grade when i read the manga. It's finally in the US now.:)

"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:34 pm

I wish too. I know that KARR is quite popular in fanfics though. Thankfully. :)

kilroy107
Stranger

Post by kilroy107 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 pm

guess maybe Universal heard us gripe about no extras on season 2 so they grabbed what they could find and I agree, Scent of Roses should have been the final episode..Wonder if Universal will release that piece of crap series Team Knight Rider...Only good episode out of that show that I liked was KRO

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:28 pm

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
:dance: :whistle: :P :dance: :whistle: :P
Ya who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooo excited