The F-body is back (sort of)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The F-body is back (sort of)

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:04 am

General Motors stopped making the F Body (Trans Am & Camaro) in 2002. But there is a new limited edition Camaro: a 700hp V8. That's right, 700hp. Only $427,000.

There's a photo with the article. How do you think it would look in black?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwhee ... index.html

Official site with more images:
http://www.officialbaldwinmotion.com/home.htm

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:08 am

Hey Mike, Can you pick one up for me? :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightrider2004
Operative

Post by knightrider2004 » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:38 am

I tell you cars (especially muscle cars) are being ruined with those stupid rims that are above 16 inches. Why cant they just run the old 14 or 15 inch rims on the muscle cars and keep it stock on the outside but souped up under the hood. Take Chip Foose for example alot of the cars on overhaulin are perfectly good muscle cars but then he has to through those stupid rims and paint scemes on them. The best thing about them is the crate motor the stick in. Like in the Knight Rider movie I hope KITT doesent roll up with 22s and a stupid design on the side.
Michael wouldnt one woman be sufficient?

-K.I.T.T., Trust Doesent Rust

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:28 pm

That looks more like a mustang with a Camaro back end but I didn't see the back too clearly. That does not look like the Camaros I know.

There's a new neighbor up the street from here that has a bright blue Camaro and it looks MINT! I love those cars. Unfortunately, these days, cars that are being "brought back" are designed in such a way as to be nothing like the originals, or even recognizable in any form from what they used to be. GTO, Monte Carlo, etc. Nothing like the ones I remember as a kid.

If they want to "bring back" a car, the least they could do is keep the body style basically the same, with a few changes, not make a totally different style altogether, give it a familiar name and high horse-power engine and expect people to believe it's still the same thing as the old muscle cars. They aren't. Style-wise some even are worse. Of course now days, engine wise, they kick major butt in most cases. But fast engines aren't everything. I go for the styling too. When I see a car I want to know for sure what it is, not just another jellybean on the road.

Though I admit this "limited edition Camaro" sure is no Jellybean. They got that right! I just think they should redesign the nose/grille a bit. Looks too much like the General Lee Dodge Charger than a Chevy Camaro, in my opinion.

PHEONIX_WS6
Recruit

Post by PHEONIX_WS6 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:20 pm

thats a '69 RS Camaro. they had hideaway headlights from the factory. in fact all '67-'69 Rally Sport camaros had hideaway headlights from the factoy. All this guy did was modify the look of the grille slightly. google 69 camaro RS or '69 Camaro pace car for more pics.