If there is...?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LioNsPriDe
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If there is...?

Post by LioNsPriDe » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:59 am

Hey whatsup?

i know the TeamKnightRider wasn't that successfull as KnightRider old version as many of the oppinions...

So just a question!

If there is a new release of new making of KnightRider movie, what do u wanna see in tht movie? like for example, What kinds of techy stuff du wanna see in tht car? or what kinds of improvements do u wanna see in tht movie?

waiting for ur comments!? :)

Elazz
<B>My Webportal:</B><a href="http://www.bhakthi7.tk">www.bhakthi7.tk</a>
<B>My Community:</B><a href="http://www.clublk.us">www.clublk.us</a>

<B>-------»»ßhðKthí»£íøñ§|P®îÐë»»-------</B>

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:50 am

No improvement is necessary, I want the old KITT back. :P

I'd like to see a young actress (like Eliza Dushku) as Bonnie, David as Michael, Parros as RC, KITT as HIMSELF, KARR as himself.

:karr: :kitt:

Unluckly, Mulhare can't play the role of Devon :cry:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:19 pm

I was just thinking something... Wouldn't it be awesome if Michael Knight's son in the movie found KARR's CPU and rebuilt him, making KARR a good guy, and became KARR's new permanant driver? :twisted: I can't help it but I really would love to see KARR return and as a good guy this time.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:02 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:I was just thinking something... Wouldn't it be awesome if Michael Knight's son in the movie found KARR's CPU and rebuilt him, making KARR a good guy, and became KARR's new permanant driver? :twisted: I can't help it but I really would love to see KARR return and as a good guy this time.
Very interesting.....!

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:41 pm

Michael Knights son KARRs driver? and Michael Knight KITTs driver? Im dying to see some new modern plot lines on the screen!!! Can only imagine....

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:54 am

Here's what I've thought up for the KR movie . . .

The year is 2012, precisely 30 years after Michael Long became Michael Knight, and was recruited
by FLAG. The Knight Foundation has been awarded a multi-million dollar grant as a special reward
for helping to put away a particularly nasty gang of villains, who were found to be responsible for
the brutal murders of some very important people. This gang of high profile criminals were also
responsible for setting off a car bomb which almost killed two police officers. One of the officers
is now the field operative for the Knight Foundation, taking over from Shawn McCormick, who
had to take another role in the organisation due to a serious leg injury sustained on duty.

The chairman of the Knight Foundation is Devon Miles' nephew, Greg Miles. While Devon was
the stereotypical upper middle class southern English gent type of character, his nephew is
a non-nonsense, hard talking, firm but fair, 37 year old businessman from Manchester.

After a meeting with the Knight Foundation board of directors, Greg decides the grant money
should be used to re-establish and re-launch FLAG, and that Michael Knight should become
the Cheif Executive Officer, effectively taking on the role Wilton Knight passed to Devon.
FLAG had been amalgamated with Knight Industries, to become the Knight Foundation
about 6 months after Michael Knight resigned as field operative in 1990.

Greg visits Michael several times to persuade him to take on the role of CEO of FLAG.
He finally talks him round, by saying "It's what Uncle Devon would've wanted." . . .

Meanwhile, several flaws have been found in the outer shell of the Knight 4000, rendering
the protective MBS coating almost useless. The Knight Foundation decide to upgrade all
of the Knight 2000 technology installed within the Knight 4000, and then retrofit the
newly updated KITT, into the modified body of a black 1989 Trans Am, very similar
to the one that Michael was using shortly before his resignation.

The dashboard of the newly revamped KITT is very similar to his original dashboard from
the 1980's, with a very similar layout, but with more modern and up to date technolgy.
Original KITT features such as Turbo Boost and Ski Mode have been re-installed, while
the Super Pursuit Mode is re-labelled simply as Pursuit Mode, and without the extra
popout bits that were an integral part of the original SPM. Even so, Pursuit Mode
still offers the 40% speed boost that SPM was originally programmed with.

LioNsPriDe
Volunteer

Post by LioNsPriDe » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:37 pm

DJGM wrote:Here's what I've thought up for the KR movie . . .

The year is 2012, precisely 30 years after Michael Long became Michael Knight, and was recruited
by FLAG. The Knight Foundation has been awarded a multi-million dollar grant as a special reward
for helping to put away a particularly nasty gang of villains, who were found to be responsible for
the brutal murders of some very important people. This gang of high profile criminals were also
responsible for setting off a car bomb which almost killed two police officers. One of the officers
is now the field operative for the Knight Foundation, taking over from Shawn McCormick, who
had to take another role in the organisation due to a serious leg injury sustained on duty.

The chairman of the Knight Foundation is Devon Miles' nephew, Greg Miles. While Devon was
the stereotypical upper middle class southern English gent type of character, his nephew is
a non-nonsense, hard talking, firm but fair, 37 year old businessman from Manchester.

After a meeting with the Knight Foundation board of directors, Greg decides the grant money
should be used to re-establish and re-launch FLAG, and that Michael Knight should become
the Cheif Executive Officer, effectively taking on the role Wilton Knight passed to Devon.
FLAG had been amalgamated with Knight Industries, to become the Knight Foundation

Greg visits Michael several times to persuade him to take on the role of CEO of FLAG.
He finally talks him round, by saying "It's what Uncle Devon would've wanted." . . .

Meanwhile, several flaws have been found in the outer shell of the Knight 4000, rendering
the protective MBS coating almost useless. The Knight Foundation decide to upgrade all
of the Knight 2000 technology installed within the Knight 4000, and then retrofit the
newly updated KITT, into the modified body of a black 1989 Trans Am, very similar

The dashboard of the newly revamped KITT is very similar to his original dashboard from
the 1980's, with a very similar layout, but with more modern and up to date technolgy.
Original KITT features such as Turbo Boost and Ski Mode have been re-installed, while
the Super Pursuit Mode is re-labelled simply as Pursuit Mode, and without the extra
popout bits that were an integral part of the original SPM. Even so, Pursuit Mode
Nice n kool :)

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:59 pm

DJGM wrote:Here's what I've thought up for the KR movie . . .

Very cool and intersting... :P

The title? Knight Rider 2012! Much better than KR2010! 8)

LioNsPriDe
Volunteer

Post by LioNsPriDe » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:35 pm

It wud be cool if KR can Transform like de other movie VIPER (dun mean copying) :wink: ... nybody remember tht movie VIPER?

here some screen shotz of em!

Elazz

michealknightbx81
Recruit

Post by michealknightbx81 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:46 pm

that was cool man, you should write the script for the movie
One man can make a difference.....Power without perception is spirtually uselees....

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:22 pm

If Kitt and the Viper would meet, what would happen?
Knight Industries Defence One

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 pm

kitt would destroy the viper, IIRC VIPER wasnt invulnerable, as it was blown to bits in one episode and recreated as a viper GTS

but would KITT be vulnerable to the EMP that the viper used to shoot out?

LioNsPriDe
Volunteer

Post by LioNsPriDe » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:26 am

Well KIDO, i dun think they gonna fight... lol

who knws if they had a nice talk about their life :lol:

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:00 am

I think we are all agreed when I say they just fill in the holes that exists between the end of Knight Rider and the start of Team Knight Rider. Because thanks to Knight Rider 2000 and Team Knight Rider, although Knight Rider 2010 has apparently nothing to do with the show, I see more questions than answers.

Like what made KITT and Michael stop fighting crime? Because according to the synopsis of Knight Rider 2000, Michael had retired and KITT had been largely dismantled. How and why was KITT dismantled? How did Team Knight Rider start? And how did KITT, a microprocessor, suddenly turn into this mystical sphere of light, if I recall, called The Shadow?

But the biggest question I find myself asking is did Knight Rider 2000 come after or before Team Knight Rider?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:32 pm

Devin_Miles wrote:But the biggest question I find myself asking is did Knight Rider 2000 come after or before Team Knight Rider?
There are a couple ways to look at it. Technically, Knight Rider took place in the "present day" of 1982-1986. Team Knight Rider took place in the "present day" of 1997-1998. Knight Rider 2000 took place in the "future year" of 2000. So from that standpoint, Knight Rider 2000 comes after Team Knight Rider.

HOWEVER... it's probably more accurate to say that TKR takes place in an alternate universe from Knight Rider 2000. TKR was written completely ignoring that the events of KR2000 took place, or rather that they WOULD take place. The definitive example is that TKR acknowledges that Devon had already passed away (due to the unfortunate death of actor Edward Mulhare), although he is still alive in KR2000.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:33 pm

There are 2 fan fics out there that match the stories just told.One is called Knight Rider legends which went down a while ago.It had Karr as a good guy with a new driver names Jon.The other fan fic was with kitt and the viper.I preferred the knight rider legends.I used to print out alot of fan fics at the library before i had a computer at my home.I had binders of fan fics totaling over 700 pages of fan fics.I enjoyed knight rider legends the most.I was so upset when they stopped adding chapters.

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:11 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:The definitive example is that TKR acknowledges that Devon had already passed away (due to the unfortunate death of actor Edward Mulhare), although he is still alive in KR2000.
I am sure you know it was actually in KR2000 that Devon actually died. Lethal injection by those evil cops if I recall.

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:41 am

This is just a matter of interest to those who might not know about Edward.

He wasn't actually born English. He was born in Ireland (in Cork) on 8 April 1923 and he tragically sadly died on 24 May 1997 of Lung Cancer in LA.

Knight Racer - Just as matter of interest regarding KARR in the Fan Fics, how did he turn good? It is just it says in KARR's synopsis that on some brige or other KITT turbo-boosted into KARR, destroying everything. Except the CPU which had a faint trace of life.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:10 am

They took KARR's cpu and erased its memory.After 3 or 4 missions he finds a file in his data banks marked KARR and it is classified to himself.Garth Knight turns up and tells him that he had another driver named Jon once.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:22 am

Devin_Miles wrote:Like what made KITT and Michael stop fighting crime? Because according to the synopsis of Knight Rider 2000, Michael had retired and KITT had been largely dismantled. How and why was KITT dismantled?
While I agree with the general consensus that Knight Rider 2000 missed the point of the series, I do feel that its story is the most logical extrapolation of the series. If I remember correctly, Michael Knight also had a different fate in Team Knight Rider than he did in KR2K. Michael Knight's inevitable burnout was consistent with the show's storyline, so the question of why he and K.I.T.T. stopped working together isn't hard to speculate on.

The way I always figured it, Michael quit to live out a quiet life with his bass charter in 1990 (how long could someone live every day in intense danger like that anyway?), and the Foundation had problems finding a suitable replacement for Michael to operate KITT. A job like Michael's would definitely take its toll on anyone, especially someone like Michael, who, for the most part, had to stay detached from many things in life as a defense mechanism. Shortly after, KITT was deactivated until Devon hired Russ Maddock to come aboard to help resurrect the Foundation, where he ultimately made the executive decision of dismantling KITT. Approaching the situation strictly from a business standpoint, Maddock decided it was more feasible to sell KITT's parts and utilize the profits for the construction of the up-and-coming Knight 4000. By that time, KITT was inevitably rendered obsolete anyway, and Maddock decided it would be better to spend the Foundation's money more wisely by building a new vehicle, as opposed to refurbishing an obsolete one.

As a former trial lawyer, Maddock decided to join the Foundation as a sort of way of subconsciously renewing the faith he had lost in people. However, as a result of this, he became a cold man, which shined through in his business decisions and in the personality (or lack thereof) of the Knight 4000's microprocessor. Much like the movie itself, Maddock was out of touch with the concept of friendship that had developed between Michael and KITT during their eight years as a team. Ultimately, F.L.A.G. was renamed as simply, The Knight Foundation. (Which, to me, seemed more like a credit card company than the Foundation we always saw in the series.)

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:35 am

Lost Knight wrote:As a former trial lawyer, Maddock decided to join the Foundation as a sort of way of subconsciously renewing the faith he had lost in people. However, as a result of this, he became a cold man, which shined through in his business decisions and in the personality (or lack thereof) of the Knight 4000's microprocessor. Much like the movie itself, Maddock was out of touch with the concept of friendship that had developed between Michael and KITT during their eight years as a team.
I have highlighted this part of your post because my reply is principally about Maddock.

I am guessing as he is a cold character and not at all as into the type of closeness exemplified by KITT and Michael, he perhaps had some influence in the formation of Team Knight Rider?
It is just I am of the feeling that for all the benifits of being in a team their might be a small chance for two negative things to happen which could lead to a certain amount of resentment that could tear the team apart emotionally. a) That a member could feel alienated by the bond that exists between two fellow members, and b) That certain member or for that matter members might not be picked for a missions. With KITT and Michael as the force that went out to beat crime it was just them together. No chance for certain things to come between them.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:04 pm

Devin_Miles wrote:I am guessing as he is a cold character and not at all as into the type of closeness exemplified by KITT and Michael, he perhaps had some influence in the formation of Team Knight Rider?
I suspect that Maddock was relatively new to the Foundation and not part of it for most of the time between 1990 and 2000. I suspect that K.I.T.T. was actually still intact for most of that time, but deactivated and, as KITT puts it, "stuck in moth balls." Team Knight Rider ignores the events of Knight Rider 2000 because it's essentially a prequel to the film, and its storyline is also inconsistent with the movie. And as Michael Pajaro said, that really places it in an alternate universe. I don't think Maddock was a part of the Foundation yet in 1997 in either storyline. I suspect he was hired more around late 1999-early 2000, where he had KITT dismantled. In fact, in TKR's storyline, I doubt his character would have even existed at all.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:05 pm

It's odd, that in TKR apparently KITT already was dismantled since he appeared as a globe of a CPU and as "The Shadow" in humanoid form with a different voice. So it goes to say he wasn't a car anymore back then.

If I was to put all the shows into a timeline, I had assumed it went like this:

Knight Rider - KITT and Michael together

Knight Rider 2000 - KITT reborn after disassembly

TKR - by then, they perfected the building of AI cars (after KARR, KITT and KIFT). I was wondering maybe KRO was maybe KIFT's OLD (Maddock-voiced) CPU with another voice, maybe? Or they combined KIFT and KARR into a new car? By then though KITT was again disassembled, but in service in a different format.

At least it seemed logical to me that the story may have went in this direction. Though my timeline could be way off.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:18 pm

Universal Studios held an online chat with Brixton Karnes (Kyle) and "Dante" in November, 1997. I asked this very question:

Please settle a debate once and for all: When does TKR take place, and does Knight Rider 2000 have any effect on the TKR timeline?
Brixton Karnes: Why don't you answer this, Dante?
Dante: If I must. TKR takes place now. I don't believe we are in the same universe as this KR 2000 that you mentioned.

There are probably ways to force the timelines to work together, especially if you put TKR after KR2000, but they were never meant to be part of the same universe.

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:49 am

Might it be of help if we, as TKR is, like KR2010, considered in an alternative world, formed some kind of alernative story? Surely their must be some kind of allowance in fiction for the creation of an alternative story to the original one?

I think if we were to establish Team Knight Rider as a spin-off of KR2010 and sepearte anything to do with either and both from Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2000 I think we would ellimonate any confusion and speculation over certain asspects. That would mean then we could devise a completely new range of characters and concepts.

For example in TKR, KITT is a spehere of pure energy. In my view something far more advanced than anything in KR2000 would need to exist for a piece of hardware like a microprocessor to be turned into pure energy. We could be allowed devise that thing that can extract energy from a mircoprocessor or turn that microprocessor into energy if we established TKR and KR2010 as a seperate story from the original KR franchise but keeping to the concepts involved. Another example in TKR is the vehicles. KRO is a Ferarri F355, but theirs vehicles in the team that look like their too futuristic for anything that is manufacturer today. We could be allowed to devise some way for those type of vehicles to exist is we established TKR and KR2010 as a seperate story from the original KR franchise but keep to the concept of the original KR.

Remember Dallas? If I recall Knotts Landing was a spin-off of Dallas which, If again I recall, had little if anything to do with Dallas.