Suggestions for a new KITT

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:35 pm

1. KITT needs to be a Trans Am

2. KITT should turboboost. Heck, if the General Lee got to do those jumps in the Dukes new movie, then KITT should be allowed to jump too!

Devin_Miles
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Devin_Miles » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:59 am

What I didn't like about the show in the 80's was it was clear they used a model KITT. I vaguely recall a sequence where KITT had to turbo-boost over molten lava, I think. They made a real car with all those wonderful controls inside and they even managed to make it seem as if KITT was actually driving itself. But when they used a model car they spoilt it all. Of course I know now KITT was probably remote-controlled by someone behind the scenes.

I had a huge metal KITT from Ertl I bought from Hamley's - the massive toy shop in London. Loved it!

Fortuynlijk
Volunteer

Post by Fortuynlijk » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:42 am

They didn't have computer graphics back in the 80's. :wink:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:15 pm

Devin_Miles wrote:Of course I know now KITT was probably remote-controlled by someone behind the scenes.
Actually, they used stunt drivers (usually Jack Gill), who would sit in the back seat and steer the car. They would use special PMD seats designed so that the drivers could stick their arms through the seat to steer the car. They were able to see through a screen at the top of the seat.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:02 pm

I wonder if Kitt would have a mini life support or someing like that.
Knight Industries Defence One

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:16 pm

I don't think so. When he was burried under some gravel in one of the episodes (forgot which one) and they had to turbo-boost out of there, KITT said Michael only had 5 minutes of oxygen left. KITT needed the oxygen to turbo boost out but wouldn't take it away from Michael to get out so Michael had to override KITT's programming to protect human life and manually engage the turbo boost. They of course got out. :)

So KITT didn't have any real built-in life-support features as far as that's concerned. Eventually, he was outfitted with an oxygen sprayer but only to temporarily be used to revive Michael in case of poisoning, etc.

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:48 pm

Maby by the time of the movie, he might have one installed.
Knight Industries Defence One

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:46 pm

im pretty sure KITT had the oxygen sprayer before michael and him got trapped under ground

that happened in BIG IRON at the end of season 2...

he got the oxygen sprayer during SLAMMIN' SAMMY's STUNT SHOW SPECTACULAR in season 1.

im pretty sure that oxygen sprayer was just a way of freshening the air coming in... so if there is no air coming in, there is no air to freshen...

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:20 pm

It wouldn't mind seeing?;

*The monitors changed to LCD screens, Which retract into the dash, Making the dash smaller, As alot of it was wasted space which really did nothing.

* The addition of more obvious internet functions.....I know KITT could talk to a database, But that was about it, How about wireless broadband capabilities?, Just to bring KITT up to year 2000 technology.

* If the wrist communicator is used?, Have KITT's voice modulator and and primary functions displayed, Enabling remote control if needed?, Otherwise it's just a wrist mounted speaker and microphone.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:13 pm

Forget the wrist thing. How about a cybernetic implant? :) Actually, it wouldn't be so far fetched as such things are actually being researched and have been succefully used in some cases here and there (especially in researching for the disabled - there's computer-controlled artificial limb braces that help paraplegics (sp) walk, for example). So if Micheal had some kind of implant or just an attachment to his head that was not exctly very noticeable even, pretty stealth (or even a small thing behind one of his ears) that read brainwaves and thus he could talk/communicate with KITT and recieve information. Yes, even THIS has been done already in scientific research. Though a ways off for the consumer. But if they make a movie, KITT still has to be AHEAD of his time and that would probably fit right in.

xcorv
Volunteer

Post by xcorv » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:24 am

i think kitt should have a cell phone inside and not an atari like before...
instead of that, internet conection. hehehe

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:57 am

Kitt's dash should be one huge touch monitor, like a Star Trek LCARS style console. If Michael wants it, it'll show the power charge, MPH, RPM and all those things like the million LEDs did, and if he wants to, the dash can change into the "button console" with Turbo Boost, Ski Mode and all these things. But they should keep the protruding voice modulator.

hamish_macbeth
Volunteer

Post by hamish_macbeth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:21 pm

when they show kitt turbo boosting in the film instead of something hideing the ramp how about if they actulley showed kitt takeing off with out the aid of help and then landing 2 :D :D and with out the use of a plastic model :D

Drewstang
Stranger

Post by Drewstang » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:07 pm

You know whats funny about all of this? The things that we think are vital to the image of KITT can be found in most Sport Compact cars. TV's, computer and internet functions, wireless communication, etc.

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:36 am

Drewstang wrote:You know whats funny about all of this? The things that we think are vital to the image of KITT can be found in most Sport Compact cars. TV's, computer and internet functions, wireless communication, etc.
Now yes, But KITT was an 80's car and alot of the stuff was either luxury items, Or didn't exist.

sjsharp2005
Recruit

Post by sjsharp2005 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:43 am

HungarianKnight wrote:Kitt needs Turbo Boost! It was his trade mark or what. The C-Mode would be cool too and of course, SPM (I'm one of the few who actually luvs SPM). And for his voice: if William Daniels won't come back, I hope it'll be John Billingsley (You know, Phlox from Enterprise). I think his voice really suits the personality of Kitt.
I agree that was KITT's main feature and I loved watching him use it and I love that feature in the game too However if William Daniels didn't do it I would get Brent Spiner to voice Kitt both Data and KITT had very similar personaliities and qualities I think he could play him well