Suggestions for a new KITT

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Whitestar
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Suggestions for a new KITT

Post by Whitestar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:20 am

I understand that there's a Knight Rider motion picture in the works. If that is the case, I strongly think that a new KITT should be used. Since Pontiac is no longer making the Firebird, I'm thinking that either the Acura NSX or the 2006 Corvette should be the new KITT. The new dashboard should be non-wraparound with a singular view screen in the center, much like todays cars equipped with those navigational systems. Plus, it should have a gull-wing steering wheel too. And no turbo boost either. True, that function was an integral part of the tv show, but it was at a time when the streets weren't so crowded with other cars.

Although the movie Knight Rider 2000 was lame, it did get one thing right: the elimination of the turbo boost. That particular scene in the climax of the movie where Michael, Shawn, and KITT were caught up in city traffic, prior to surfing on the mall pond is a good example. Let's face it, what idiot would turbo boost in the middle of traffic? Today the streets are so damn crowded with cars, it's not even funny. You only need to go outside of your home to have that part verified. Besides, turbo boosting is not suited for cars anyway because the tires are pretty much embedded within the frame of the vehicle. Only dune buggies or 4x4s are better made to take that kind of punishment.

What is everyone elses opinion?

Whitestar

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:45 am

Are you one of the movie bosses who also wanted KITT not to talk? :(

KITT has to turbo boost! It got them out of many situations and is a necessary function of KITT. To take that away would just limit his capabilities and would be a step backwards.

If you want, they could just not use it as much, but it's still got to be there in case of emergency. It'd sure get them safely out of some situation in the film. And besides that, it's fun. :)

Whitestar
Volunteer

Post by Whitestar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:53 am

Wizster wrote:Are you one of the movie bosses who also wanted KITT not to talk? :(

KITT has to turbo boost! It got them out of many situations and is a necessary function of KITT. To take that away would just limit his capabilities and would be a step backwards.

If you want, they could just not use it as much, but it's still got to be there in case of emergency. It'd sure get them safely out of some situation in the film. And besides that, it's fun. :)

I'm merely suggesting that KITT should not be equipped with the turbo boost due to the city traffic out there. If the movie is going to keep up with the times, it must keep this in mind. And of course KITT should talk, in fact, I think William Daniels must come back to do the voice. If the actor wasn't alive today, I wouldn't want any other actor to replace him. Without Daniels, it wouldn't be Knight Rider. :)

Whitestar

kido
Operative

Post by kido » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:04 pm

I think he could have turbo boost, but he would not use it during the movie.

But what about SPM? :spm:
Knight Industries Defence One

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:07 pm

I think SPM will be outdated as technological advances will mean that KITT can travel at those high speeds without the need for the car to transform.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:45 pm

NO TURBO BOOST? are you out of your mind? Think about it, if they managed to have turbo boost in the 80's why wouldn't KITT be able to that now in the 21st century. There is no good explaination for taking away a one of KITT's most effective capabilties, Turbo Boost. If anything KITT should keep all his function and add new ones.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:09 pm

I live in L.A. and yes, we have traffic jams. And there were lots of traffic jams in the 80s when KITT was turbo boosting all over the place. There are still plenty of times when I'm driving in and around the city at 65 mph. (I never go past the speed limit of course :) )

Your logic just doesn't make sense to me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

NEW KITT

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:44 pm

I think the new KITT should be this Trans Am Prototype.

I posted this a long time. In that time my user name was Knight 10000.

This Trans Am has a 500++ Horsepower.

Here are the photos. Image

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

New KITT

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:51 pm

In this Photo you can see the Horsepower written in the motor.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:49 am

Kitt needs Turbo Boost! It was his trade mark or what. The C-Mode would be cool too and of course, SPM (I'm one of the few who actually luvs SPM). And for his voice: if William Daniels won't come back, I hope it'll be John Billingsley (You know, Phlox from Enterprise). I think his voice really suits the personality of Kitt.

Whitestar
Volunteer

Post by Whitestar » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:22 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:I live in L.A. and yes, we have traffic jams. And there were lots of traffic jams in the 80s when KITT was turbo boosting all over the place. There are still plenty of times when I'm driving in and around the city at 65 mph. (I never go past the speed limit of course :) )

Your logic just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh really? Do you find turbo boosting a logical function for any car with tires imbedded within the frame? But not having that option doesn't make sense to you? I don't like the idea of KITT not having turbo boost either, but cars are not built for that. Therefore, I think for KITT to have the turbo boost option, he should come back as a 4x4 or better yet, a car that can fly. It would not cause major damage to the frame and since it will be the only car in the air, it would be relatively safe for bystanders.

Whitestar
Last edited by Whitestar on Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:27 pm

No TURBOBOOST, INSANE!, with this new movie hopefully coming out, KITT's TurboBoost can have a few scenes for fun, as well as a form of NOS.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:15 pm

Real cars are not built for turboboost but KITT's body is indestructable and can take the stress. Remember, Knight Rider isn't a reality show ;)

-KITTfan-

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Re: NEW KITT

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:33 pm

KNIGHT10000 wrote:I think the new KITT should be this Trans Am Prototype.

I posted this a long time. In that time my user name was Knight 10000.

This Trans Am has a 500++ Horsepower.

Here are the photos. Image
Thats not a prototype. Its a moddified 2002 Trans Am. Read the URL.
http://www.2002firehawk-c26.net/HeritageFBody/2003HeritageTA20.JPG
KITT without Turbo Boost? That's insane. It's like a car without a Motor. :shock:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:11 pm

Geeze if KITT didn't have turbo boost, he might as well not talk either. That was one of KITT'S most defining features. It's obvious that any normal car couldn't turbo boost because they would smash to pieces, but KITT was a technologically advanced vehicle that could do almost anything. That was the whole point of the show! :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:37 pm

In my opinion, KITT must have SPM, Turbo boost and the voice.
A 1986 (or newer) Pontiac TransAm must be the car, and, of course, it must be BLACK! Not RED! :evil:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:41 am

If Kitt is not going to be the old Trans Am we know, then I think it would be cool if Kitt was to be a Ford GT all black naturally :wink: !

KNIGHT10000
Volunteer

NEW KITT

Post by KNIGHT10000 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:40 am

Hi TurbomanKnight

I am placing here the website address so you can see these cars (because they where a 2003 Trans Am and Camaro) where cars that didn’t went into production. The website explains it very good. So you can see these are not 2002 cars with a body kit.

Here is the link. http://www.2002firehawk-c26.net/HeritageFBody.html

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:38 pm

I stand corrected. :oops:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:32 am

Hi everyone. I am brand new to the forum. I spent virtually my entire childhood in the 80's and Knight Rider was my absolute favourite show. I guess the reason why I have registered is because the rumours of the movie has sort of reignighted my interest. Also because of the influence my country has on the show. William Daniels is British, and Richard Baseheart and Edward Mulhare were British. Obviously sadly if I recall their no longer with us.

My opinion on the new KITT is I guess it would have to be a Pontiac. Much of the Northwest of my country is one big national park with mountains and lakes and old towns and villages. In one particular town theirs a museum where the owner has collected cars from movies and TV. The owner has in his collection a KITT and the Pontiac Trans-Am is as firmly connected to KITT as the Dodge Charger is to the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard.

In any case the car from Knight Rider 2000 just didn't suit KITT.

knightriderno2
Recruit

Post by knightriderno2 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:40 am

If a movie is to be made, then I think that KITT should'nt be changed.
People loved him the way he was.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:45 am

knightriderno2 wrote:If a movie is to be made, then I think that KITT should'nt be changed.
People loved him the way he was.
I agree. However, if they want to update certain functions then i guess it's fine, especially the display monitors which would a bit out of place now and the sounds effects taken from atari games.

Devin_Miles
Volunteer

Post by Devin_Miles » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:04 pm

Wizster wrote:I agree. However, if they want to update certain functions then i guess it's fine, especially the display monitors which would a bit out of place now and the sounds effects taken from atari games.
Also with the advent of CGI they have the potential to be able to make KITT perform virtually and ability. Surely one of the best uses for CGI is seen in The Hulk movie in the 'change' sequences. I am not saying KITT should be able to go to warp factor 10, but I think they can improve on the visual appearance of the ability's.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:10 pm

Devin_Miles wrote:
Also with the advent of CGI they have the potential to be able to make KITT perform virtually and ability. Surely one of the best uses for CGI is seen in The Hulk movie in the 'change' sequences. I am not saying KITT should be able to go to warp factor 10, but I think they can improve on the visual appearance of the ability's.
Yeah, like how they cut from KITT about to smash nose first into the ground from a turbo boost to being perfectly alright seconds later. :)

Whitestar
Volunteer

Post by Whitestar » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:04 pm

Wizster wrote:
Devin_Miles wrote:
Yeah, like how they cut from KITT about to smash nose first into the ground from a turbo boost to being perfectly alright seconds later. :)

Exactly! Well said, Devon! :)

Whitestar