O/T Leaving in 30 minutes for Dukes Film

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightdriver » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:
Dukes of Hazzard is one outrageously dumb theme which will never work outside the Southern states
I'm sorry but history proves otherwise. The Dukes of Hazzard was a VERY successful TV show throughout the United States, not just in the South. It was the number one movie in the country this weekend, not just in the south. Maybe the southern theme is difficult to sell overseas, but it most definitely works here.
That and it ran twice as long as Knight Rider did so that should tell you
something right there. The theme of it wasn't to hard to understand
either. But I could understand that people not living in the USA may
not get the southern aspect without knowing the history at all.

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:18 am

Dukes was a cheap concept- it looked a garage product with real-life rednecks. The producers could actually use it repeatedly for a longer time. The same can't be said of Knight Rider, which was a lot more expensive to run, so if it suffered a drop in popularity, it would hurt the producers a lot. However, KR was easy on the senses for most audiences, within the US and abroad, but Dukes has some irritation value since it has a lot of mouth.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:14 pm

Saw it Wednesday and I loved it.

In fact if the orginal TV show was like this I would have watched it religiously back then and have all the seasons on my DVD shelf instead of Knight Rider right now.

It was no more crude than any other film out these days. My only complaint is the casting of Roscoe and Boss Hogg. They didn't really fit in with the orginal actors, however, I think every one else fit their parts (in fact I like them better). I had my doubts about Jessica Simpson as Daisy, but come on, any one with the right assets could play that role (and she does fill those shorts nicely). We weren't watching Catherine Bach for he acting now were we?

From all the static you'd have thunk they were remaking Citizen Kane with Pauley Shore and the cast of Stella. It's supposed to be mindless fun (or at least that what I think). If there was some kind of Zen meaning that I missed on the orginal series, please fill me in :wink:

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:04 am

I am a fan of the original series but please. I saw this "Dukes" movie is'nt even as good as I expected. It's not even funny at all. There is no story or plot it's just a bunch of scenes slapped together.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:08 am

I haven't seen the movie yet since its slated to be shown in the coming weeks where I live. But I have seen the trailer and I must say the stunt scene on the freeway is way way cool. Watching a movie here in Manila only costs around $2.50 (potato chips and soda extra) and I will definitely give this movie a shot. :roll:

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:42 pm

To me the plot was on par to the TV show. Granted some scenes had to be added for comedic value, but it was about as deep as the orginal series I thought.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:49 pm

rulloa81 wrote:It's not even funny at all. There is no story or plot it's just a bunch of scenes slapped together.
:shock: NOT FUNNY???? ARE YOU KIDDING???

The story/plot is: The Duke Boys had to saved the farm before Boss Hogg tore it down along with some others in order to build one of those mining places (I forgot the damned name!!) :oops:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:49 pm

I just got back from watching the movie.Pretty funny if you ask me.They had some nice car chase scenes.I liked how they were being mocked for having a confederate flag on there roof.When I saw the general make the jump I had to pretend that the turbo boost sound kitt made was there because thats the closest to kitt being on screen we will get.The story was good too.For a while I was thinking if any of the original cast was going to show up like in the starsky and hutch movie.They amped up uncle Jessie with foul language for a pg-13 movie as well as the sherriff with some attitude and and feeling he could put the fear of G-d into you.In the series I thought he was a step up from Enus.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:19 am

Knight Racer wrote:For a while I was thinking if any of the original cast was going to show up like in the starsky and hutch movie.T
Naw, I think their too busy pouting because they were'nt asked to reprise their roles. Reminds me of all the belly aching Adam West did when Michael Keaton was cast as the first movie Batman in 89. Guess he honestly thought the Dark Knight should have a beer bully. Kinda goes the same with Duke boys too, I reckon.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:09 am

TurbomanKnight wrote::shock: NOT FUNNY???? ARE YOU KIDDING???
hey thats my opinion. I just didn't find it hillarious enough to watch it again and I'm being honest. I just want to be able to share my opinion on this movie because I'm entitled to it as much as anyone else on this site. Okay dukes isn't the worst movie of all time but it's not the best. Just because I've been a dukes fan since I was a kid doesn't mean I have to love the movie too.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:42 am

Im not judging you. Im just shocked you didnt find it funny.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers