Beware of BK Automotive

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:06 am

i always thought the ateam van was all black too, i think it would look better all black what woul one of those vans cost these days, or are they as
hard to find these days as ta's are?
--knightman--

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:00 am

K.I.T.T 82 wrote:You can check the pictures, Knight Girl took them for me, here is the link:
http://knightriderta.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page1.html

The car is not drivable, has no title, and has the incorrect 15" rims, I should have the 15" knight rider rims...and paid for that.
MY GOD!! You paid BK Automotive up front of US$13,000 for that heap of junk?!? It doesn't even look like its worth $500.00! And they want even more money to continue the work? What work? It looks as if they just yanked it out of a junk yard! It's official in my book folks, those people behind BK Automotive are big time CON ARTISTS. Buyers beware!

K.I.T.T 82: I would advice you to consult a lawyer. If you have relatives or friends in the US, it would be a good idea to get in touch with them. You have more than enough reasons to try and get your money back, or force BK Automotive to work on your car without added expenses. It's worth a shot, you've already shelled out $13,000.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:41 pm

HondaSiR wrote:You have more than enough reasons to try and get your money back, or force BK Automotive to work on your car without added expenses. It's worth a shot, you've already shelled out $13,000.
i would shoot for option A. could you imagine the quality of work they would do on this car after being forced to complete it by taking them to court? i'm sure any warrenty issues would never get taken care of and alot of stuff would get overlooked when it comes to building the car. if it were me, i would say f*#k the car,give me my money back and i'd go elsewhere!!
good luck with your situation :(

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:56 pm

this is the kind of fear i have, Trans ams are so rare down under
id probably buy one from the US if it came down to it, but finding a good
buyer to buy from is scary when u dont know them

i too would want my money back, at least u can start over
--knightman--

K.I.T.T 82
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T 82 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:00 pm

And you even didn't see the engine, it should be a rebuilt engine, but it is in fact a unfinish engine. Everything is disconnected on the engine.

And here was the answer from thomas about this:
"I think you are going to recieve what you paid for. A new interior, rebuilt engine, and a 1984 Trans Am in restorable shape, with an extra set of doors/mirrors."

And everything on the car is not bolted on. I have several picture so I can prove everything.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:52 pm

Damn that exterior is in the most crap-like position i've ever seen!. Those wheels are probably to move the car around the shop. (IF they would ever do that) Is that the center console on those seats? If you choose to get your money back take those PMD seats with you. they are beautiful. Sorry about your experiece with BK
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:30 pm

Trust me the car looks worse in person than in pictures. :cry:

Knight Girl

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:53 pm

It would have actually been better if you had a car shipped to you. Order all the parts from KOE or wherever. And you would have a nice fair exterior conversion for under $13,000
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:01 am

KITT 82,

What the hell happened to your car?? I was just reading your post at the Foundation and I saw this link http://www.bkauto.net/1984%20Trans%20Am%203.htm I was just checking out the car before they tore it up. And I was wondring why did they change the hood? About those wheels I think they must of sold them. Because If you paid for them they should at least still be on the car. BTW, did they throw in a 350 Carburated motor? This really pisses me off to hear about somebody scamming somebody. Makes me wanna kick some a$$. :twisted:

**EDIT** Read this closely on the top of that page on the link above. "One thing troubles me, with how fast the Supercars cars sell and disappear, we never get to use one for ourselves. The few times we tried building one for BK Automotive, it was always sold before completed. So, this year we are trying again, and outfitting this BK kit with all new product designs. Hopefully, we'll get to keep this one long enough to enjoy,..."
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

K.I.T.T 82
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T 82 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:07 am

He gives me a bad hood just because he didn't have enough money from me I think :evil:
He tooks off my air extractors fenders for an other car, and I had to paid for others fenders with air extractor, I saw that when I was over there.
The car had the 14" rims first, I decided to change them for the 15" Knight rider rims, and now he puts oher 15" (only for the rear).

Pretty bad huh ?

The carburator is unplug and rusty. I paid $310 for a new carburator, I have a rochester, but I thought I should have an Edlebrock, but it's of course a used one he puts into the car. Here is another exemple of cheating.

BKauto
Stranger

Post by BKauto » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:01 am

I dont spend time on web forums and I will not return to this thread, but someone was kind enough to show me this and I feel obligated to leave a response.

I am the owner of BK Automotive LLC. The customer in question is Julien ***, located in France. We handle MANY large showrooms, and 90% of our business is repeat or contract, with purchases of 6 or more cars per year per company, and of course word of mouth. We have built $15,000 replica cars up to $150,000+ Show cars that have been through Barrett Jackson and Kruse International. Sometimes, we end up with 'spares or junker's that we will put on EBAY or let go to private individuals. julien was one such case, wanting a Trans Am with restored interior for $10,000.

I don't have time to go into the details, I let my work speak for itself. You like, you buy. You don't, please go somewhere else. Bottom line is you get what you pay for. Julien is alittle mistaken about what he paid for the car to begin with, and left out the facts of having us collect parts, install parts at his request, locate parts at his request, and then refusing to pay for them. He also neglected to mention being refunded $1400 for bodywork/paintwork he chose not to have done. Also, brand new interior got ruined when he requested we find electric window doors, then would not pay to install, so we could not roll the window up. Also neglected to mention he does not return OUR emails when we try to contact him, for several periods up to months at a time.

Also not mentioned is the $300 primer we used on the car and the week of body work done to the car to get it to where it sits now that WAS NOT CHARGED simply because I felt like doing it because the car looks like such a pile and he simply cannot afford to make it very nice.

If all we produced was crap, we would not do work for Wrigley's gum, fortune 500 companies or build one of what is currently the most valuable muscle car on the planet Earth. Everything we do is available for inspection to our customers/friends/relatives/lawyers/ect. We have been in the same location for YEARS, with the same web address and easy to find/use emails addresses and telephone numbers for years. We are not difficult to find and reach.

Our standard payment for vehicles ranges from very bottom-line $20,000 up to $50,000 or more. If you pay anything less, your obviously getting a pile of SH#*. I can't pay for other peopes cars out of my own pocket, its a business and the object of business is for people to pay for thier own work.

Its not a lie to say, you truly get what you pay for. But there are alot of facts still not represented here, and thats all I have to say about it.

Otherwise, this is a great forum, used to haunt it back in the 90's, like the new look.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:36 am

Dude, you should have seen me. I just sent an black (imagine a genuine KITT donor) 83 T/A T-top with tan interior to the crusher a few weeks ago. My neighbor runs a wrecking yard and he put it on a flat bed and had it delevered to my house so I can pick what I wanted off of it. Alls I needed were some tailights, center console and some tan interior trim pieces. All he wanted was $500 for the whole thing and it was so much, soooooooooo much nicer than the heap in that picture.

This is why I do all the work I can possible. I know in CA the nickle and dime routine is classic. Someone quotes you X amount for paint. Oh, you want black paint, that'll be extra. Oh, you want us to apply the paint, that'll be extra. After a few dozens "Oh, you want's" you get a ridculous amount to do the work. There's getting what you paid for and then there's getting @&^#.

Looks like Classic Inductries seat covers, paid about $600 for mine. Junk yard Camaro door panels, say about $20. I can walk out of my house tomorrow and acquire that car in the photo for less than a grand with all that "work" done on it. My car is about 14 grand so far (8 of it because the car was mint and 4 years old when I got it). Guesss it's crap (less than 20 grand) but it looks a hell of lot better than that thing.

Edit: Just noticed the carpet looks new so lets add another $800 to my estimate for that. So we are looking at a 2 grand car being really generous.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:54 am

BKauto wrote:Our standard payment for vehicles ranges from very bottom-line $20,000 up to $50,000 or more. If you pay anything less, your obviously getting a pile of SH#*.
You couldn't be anymore wrong on that statement. :?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:14 am

Wow this thread makes me sad :cry: I am 14 years old and I could tell you that this BK Automotive place is a bunch of bull. It shouldn't cost '$20,000 up to $50,000 or more' to build a KITT replica! Around here T/As are pretty common although they are not mint condition. Actually I lied. Mid to late eighties and early to mid nineties are really common. The early eighties are hard to find, but they are hard to find anywhere you go. ANYWAY, they cost around $1000 to $8500 depending on what shape they are in. The dash, nose and scanner would be the most expensive parts to get, at least for me. There are soooo many T/As in the junkyards around here that you are never lacking for spare parts. Yeah it might be a couple grand to replace the interiors if they are messed up but come on people! $20,000 up to $50,000 or more is just ridiculous. If I had $13,000 to put into a KITT replica I would build it myself (er.. with the help of friends who know cars of course) and probably have money left over. But what is all this coming from a kid anyway? Hope you get your money back.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:55 am

You might be able to build a KITT for 13 grand but don't count on having money left. They aren't cheap, but your right they are not 20-50 thousand (unless your getting a super quality turnkey from Mark or Don). What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that they are not limited to 82-84 T/As, all 82-92 will work. When you get stuck in that fixidness you are gonna spend a mint to get an 82-84 in super condition. Really good shape late models run between 2-4 thousand. I just think this is a case of lets screw the foreign the guy. I've been pricing and owning these cars for the last 10 years and putting a replica together for the last 2 so I know what they go for.

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:31 pm

Well... maybe you wouldn't but I know people :lol:

Oh yeah, and I had a thread awhile ago on the car that stalks me. He has stopped since then but I still have my heart set on getting him (although his owner doesn't know it yet haha). I think you told me what year he was? Erm... if you remember can you give me a shout via PM, Army_F_Body?

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:46 pm

K.I.T.T 82 wrote:You can check the pictures, here is the link:
http://knightriderta.monsite.wanadoo.fr/page1.html

The car is not drivable, has no title, and has the incorrect 15" rims, I should have the 15" knight rider rims...and paid for that.
Oh my god that is so horrible!!! How can people be like that? I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you have some kind of proof of payment so you can do something about it! :evil:

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Well I finished the tread know and I'm not too sure wher I stand now

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:13 pm

So, did this guy get his car shipped to France, or is it still sitting at BK?

Mark Puette

Zeitgeist
Recruit

Post by Zeitgeist » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:20 am

K.I.T.T 82, I´m sorry for this to happen to you. :(

Can you give us an update on the situation?
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." (Optimus Prime)

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:15 pm

OMG!! That statement about "You get what you pay for" is a piece of crock. He didn't want a full conversion,just an exterior and I know you can get a nice exterior conversion for less than $11,000.. Its the dashboard, steering wheel and electronics that cost the most and he didn't order that part. He just wanted it to look like Kitt from the outside. For $11,000 he should get a pretty nice car like he was promised!!!!