What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Industries 3000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed May 04, 2005 1:03 am

finalfadeout wrote:I think Michael would sigh and exhale deeply way too much during the series, especially when he was talking. It was most annoying when he did it at the trailing end of words and sentences...."Scan his vitals (hufff,hjfhffh)."
I suspect that David Hasselhoff smoked heavily at that time... but I don't know for certain.
Kirin wrote:I don't know, I always liked these things that people find "annoying" in Knight Rider. It all added to the unintentional hilarity of the whole show. :)
I agree! :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed May 04, 2005 3:55 am

Knight Industries 3000 wrote:I suspect that David Hasselhoff smoked heavily at that time... but I don't know for certain.
Hopefully it wasn't that Big Potted Plant. :lol: :lol:

Sorry. :twisted:

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Fri May 06, 2005 2:09 pm

I was looking for that "Big Potted Plant" from a plant book and I think it's Schefflera.
It sure is there through season 1 to season 4! I'm not too sure about season 2 & 3, because it's been million years since I've seen them. Season 4 was just on TV and I've got season 1 on DVD.
Have fun hunting down the Schefflera!
Michael: "Someone tried to kill me yesterday."
Devon: "I have an alibi."

>>>CLICK HERE

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri May 06, 2005 3:17 pm

Great bit of research there. :) I never even noticed. Now I'll be looking out for the Big Potted Plant (tm) ;)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Sun May 08, 2005 1:52 pm

I'm planning to do a list of the appearances of the BPP. :)
I already know it appears in the Pilot, in Comtron facility, when Michael brokes into Wilson's office. There's actually TWO Scheffleras (maybe they're twins) at the same time, one in the Wilson's office and one in the hallway right behind the door. They can be seen simultaneously. ;)
My interest in plants might have something to do with the fact that I had a 2 month work practise in a garden, just in the beginning of the year. I wasn't really looking for plants when watching KR, the BPP just caught my eye and when I saw it multiple times it started to interest me. :)

>>>CLICK HERE

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun May 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Maybe we should start a BPP thread and it's appearances. :)

It's TWIN? Oh, Michael had an evil twin, Garthe, KITT had an evil twin, KARR so now BPP has an evil twin too? :lol:

I think I saw BPP in the corner in the episode "Diamond's Aren't A Girl's Best Friend" in that girl's boyfriend's apartment where Michael answers the phone then goes back to it and get's knocked senseless by the intruder. It's in the corner behind the sofas. :) Is that the one?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun May 08, 2005 10:26 pm

Well...we can conclude that any Schefflera plant that appears in the bad guy's hideout is the BPP's evil twin. :)

LightForceKittFan
Rookie

Post by LightForceKittFan » Mon May 09, 2005 12:50 pm

Evil twin? Maybe.
FuzzieDice, I haven't seen the episode "Diamonds aren't a girl's best friend" yet, but I bet it's Schefflera there too.
The plant's often visible when Michael's fighting with some bad guys, but no-one ever knocks the plant down or do any harm to it. :)

>>>CLICK HERE

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun May 22, 2005 11:02 am

Hey, I don't know if I have any ANNOYANCES.. but I find all of them almost humerous... but I love the fact they used the same car from Slappy Sammy's Stunt Show (KITT with all the silver starrs all over him) as KARR when he is driving away in Trust Doesn't Rust... it only shows it for a second, but he is driving toward the camera dn there you can see the stars.

-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro 2.8L auto w/T-tops
1988 Blue Firebird Formula 5.0L auto w/T-tops
1985 Brown Firebird 5.7L (360) 5-speed NO T-tops
Still looking for an '82-'84 Black T/A or parts from one!

TransAmKITT2000
Volunteer

Post by TransAmKITT2000 » Sun May 22, 2005 8:04 pm

I didn't like the last season (1985-1986).When KITT's appearance was
changed.He had those wings and spoilers and a small sonic boom
in super pursut mode.Now on reruns I don't watch that season which
is showing now.I think that they tried to hard to keep viewers and the
show ruined itself.I enjoy watching seasons 1 to 3.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun May 22, 2005 9:36 pm

How about asking the question, "What do you like the best about 'Knight Rider'?" ;)
I think we've all groused about the things we find annoying about the show enough as it is. :shock: :? :oops: :roll: 8) :?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sun May 22, 2005 11:57 pm

The constant reuse of the same old lame ass sound FX

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 23, 2005 12:37 pm

Lyn wrote:How about asking the question, "What do you like the best about 'Knight Rider'?" ;)
I think we've all groused about the things we find annoying about the show enough as it is. :shock: :? :oops: :roll: 8) :?
How about starting the topic instead of complaining in a different one?

Knightsfolly
Volunteer

The DVD set

Post by Knightsfolly » Thu May 26, 2005 3:15 pm

Just started reviewing the DVD set and yeah there are things that are annoying. The DVD set itself is really crystal clear cool but now with the freeze frame capability some of the details look lame. So far the most annoying is the Kitt vs karr finale....Why the heck did they use a shot of a vehicle flying off the cliff that was not KARR!? And how the heck does Karr explode just by hitting the water??!! I thought Karr was bullet proof indestructable. correct me if I'm wrong.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu May 26, 2005 7:10 pm

I assume you're talking about the Season One DVD set (Season Two was just released last month).

I guess they recycle some stuff in the shows from other shows to cut costs, which is why they used The Car for KARR's jumping off the cliff.

As for him exploding when hitting the water in Trust Doesn't Rust, there's been a thread with some theories on this. My favorite is that KARR tried to turbo boost, or his engines backfired in panic or something. Of course we all know that in Season Three's KITT vs. KARR, KARR was in one piece and drivable.

Knightsfolly
Volunteer

annoying things

Post by Knightsfolly » Fri May 27, 2005 1:18 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm one of the greatest fan of the Knight rider empire don't get me wrong. In fact I still have a liitle souvineer I mailed in for way back when the series was first on NBC. It was supposed to be a blueprint of Kitt or something of that nature but turned out to be a little pamphlet. I don't have access to it at the moment but somebody here probably knows what I'm talking about. In any case allow me to introduce myself...I'm sort of just turbo boosting back in here after registering about a year ago. I'm truly amazed at the fan base that has continued to develop thanks in part to the power of the world wide web developed by the fine folks at cyberdyne (a knight industries subsidiary of course).

Yes you are correct in saying that I am perusing the season 1 DVD. I am located currently in China so the releases are delayed here to a certain extent thanks in part to proliferated pirating and there not being too many fans of the show here for the simple reason the show never aired here. That however hasn't stopped 24 from becoming the greatest american import here in years. I don't care for that show myself much though. I can't get enough of the exploits of Kitt on the other hand. I knew the show was already going into its second season as a box set but wanted to wait until hopefully it showed up here before buying it online. I'm almost didn't wait until about a week ago it finally showed up. Suddenly there was one copy of the boxed set slightly dinged on the outside but undamaged as far as the DVD's were concerned.

The simple fact is in China you cannot buy REAL DVD's. The only choices you have are very well done pirated copies, or obviously pirated copies, where the images on the cover and the credits don't match the content. This was the latter thankfully. It looked legit in short. The only dissapointment was that as is the case with most DVD's here...there are NO special features embedded. The features are listed on the menu but when moving through the choices it pans past. I suppose it takes better DVD's to fit all the content and whoever is making these figured the average Chinese consumer could care less about special features for a show about some cranky odd black car. ^&(%((()(%#(*^*. In any case I'll have to wait to get back to the U.S. So I can get the real deal. I can only hope when season two finally gets here its got the full package.

back on topic--I like the rationalizing as to why KARR exploded. Very novel. However as the stock footage used in the "Trust doesn't rust" shot to depict KARR is not KARR but an old sedan I can only guess that's why KARR returns in KITT vs.KARR??. It's been a while since catching many of the episodes in detail so excuse me if things are a bit jumbled. I'm sure I've missed many great threads on this show but now that I'll be here for a while hopefully I can get up to speed.

"Wherever you go there you are"

jbrecording
Volunteer

Post by jbrecording » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:54 pm

why is it taking so bloody long for the whole series to be out on DVD? I'm done watching seasons 1 and 2 and I don't exactly want to wait until next year to have the whole show!

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:36 pm

I'm not having as much trouble waiting for the seasons
to be released on DVD, since they take their time in getting everything together, I think.
I'm not sure what else to tell you.