Fan Fiction: "Knight Rider - The Rising"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

moviefan2k4
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Fan Fiction: "Knight Rider - The Rising"

Post by moviefan2k4 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:25 pm

I have been working on a "fan screenplay" for KNIGHT RIDER. Here's Part 1!

Based on characters from the television series
“Knight Rider” created by Glen A. Larson
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FADE IN: INT. - CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY H.Q. - NIGHT
Two men are seen walking down a long corridor. They are soon revealed to be special agents MARTIN WEXLER and DAVID WILLIAMS. Both are in their late thirties, dressed in navy-blue suits with government ID tags; Wexler is blonde with blue eyes,
Williams is red-haired with hazel eyes and glasses. They walk up to a door at the end of the corridor and knock. A voice answers from within.

VOICE
“Come in.”

Opening the door, they find a woman, BONNIE BARSTOW, sitting behind her desk amid a stack of papers. She is in her mid-forties, dressed modestly in a blue suit much like the agents, but with no suit coat; instead, it has been replaced by a white laboratory coat worn by scientists. She has her long brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and looks very serious in her demeanor. As the agents step into her office, she rises to shake their hands and offers them each a chair. Wexler appears to recognize her, but tries to hide it; Williams is oblivious.

BONNIE
“Welcome; I’m glad you could make this appointment, gentlemen.
I apologize for the secrecy surrounding this meeting, but rest assured it is absolutely necessary and my intentions are noble.”

WEXLER
“Pardon me for asking, but you are the same Bonnie Barstow that once assisted the late Devon Miles, are you not?”

BONNIE
“I am, and that is precisely why you both are here.”

WILLIAMS
“I don’t understand.”

Bonnie starts to explain her involvement with Devon Miles; as she speaks, flashback images are seen of her, Devon, and another man in what appears to be the trailer of a semi, with a polished black car beside them. Other images follow, showing the car in action, evading explosions and jumping great distances. Close-ups of the “other man” are also seen, as well as the face of a dying elderly man.

BONNIE
“Many years ago, Wilton Knight envisioned the concept of someone
who could shut down criminal activity that the justice system was
powerless to stop. He also designed the most powerful tool
to do so, in the guise of a black automobile. He called it the
Knight Industries 2000, although it needed a driver.
A police officer, disfigured by a bullet to the face, was saved by Knight and Mr. Miles. They gave him a new identity and with it, a second chance at life.
Four years were spent on this mission of pursuing justice for the helpless in society,
and that officer now has the position that Devon once held.”

WILLIAMS
“So, if I may be blunt…what does this have to do with us?”

BONNIE
“Both of you are under consideration to head the reformation
of our arrangement. The time has once again arrived where common
solutions are worthless. You are to report immediately to our office,
where you will be contracted as our informants in the CIA.
I have already cleared this with your superiors.”

She removes two business cards from the pocket of her lab coat, and hands one to each of the agents.

BONNIE
“Go to this address and speak with him yourself.”

Both agents thank her, and leave. She immediately relaxes, picks up the phone by her desk, and speaks.

BONNIE
“They’re on their way; I sure hope you know what you’re doing.”

CUT TO: EXT. - OBSTACLE COURSE - NIGHT
A glimmering black car comes crashing around a turn, tires squealing as rubber hits the pavement. It appears to be modified, with a red light flashing horizontally below its headlights. This is the same car we saw in the flashbacks, but it has been updated. It jumps off a ramp, lands perfectly, and barely misses colliding with a propane tank, which is apparently rigged to explode, as it does following the incident. The flames do not hurt this car, nor does the bullet fire that riddles the exterior, never causing a single scratch. The vehicle speeds away, screeching to a halt at the end of the course. A young man is seen within the vehicle; he is approximately 25 years old with dark hair and a pleased smile on his face. He is dressed in black jeans and boots, with a white T-shirt and leather jacket. A specially-designed wristwatch is on his arm. Suddenly a voice rings throughout the car, emanating from a flashing display on the car’s dashboard, which contains numerous electronic devices.

VOICE
“How was that?”

The driver, MARTIN KNIGHT, relaxes in the driver’s seat, speaking to the disembodied voice.

MARTIN
“I don’t know, KITT; something just doesn’t feel right.”

The voice addressed as “KITT” answers.

KITT
“We have driven this course 27 times in the last three hours. My top speed has been a steady 250 miles per hour, as suggested, and we have completed the course each time in exactly two minutes.”

MARTIN
“I know! Something just isn’t working…but if it’s any consolation, your
performance was exemplary as always.”

KITT
“As it should be.”

MARTIN
“Smartass.”

He gets out, and walks thru the open garage door, into what appears to be a technology lab, where an additional black car is parked; it is more modern than KITT, and we see a technician working under it, dressed in a white jumpsuit. Martin leans down to get the mechanic’s attention.

MARTIN
“Amy, KITT’s running a little off the map.”

Mechanic/technician AMY RANDALL pushes herself out from under the car, and sits up to talk to Martin. She looks to be about thirty years old, and is attractive yet modest. Her jumpsuit has a few standard oil stains on it, from working for the last few hours. She stands to her feet, with a slightly worried expression.

AMY
“Why? What is it?”

MARTIN
“I don’t know, but something about his handling just
seems different than usual.”

Amy walks over to KITT, still parked by the garage.

AMY
“KITT, is something wrong? Martin says your handling is off.”

KITT
“I have performed 5 different diagnostics on my systems; all circuitry is within normal parameters and safety precautions.”

AMY
“Odd. Well, I’ll check all your systems myself in a few minutes, just to see if there’s a problem with the vehicle itself. I trust you don’t need any other repairs?”

KITT
“No…and neither do you.”

Amy laughs, as does Martin, having overheard the playful remark. She hears him and turns around to face him.

AMY
“Great; a car who hits on me. Did you tell him to say that?”

MARTIN
“Hey, he has a mind of his own…literally. You’d be surprised at some of the stuff he comes up with. Gets smarter every day.”

All of a sudden, a familiar voice comes on, broadcasted over a speaker in the garage. It is the voice of Michael Knight.

MICHAEL KNIGHT
“You guys get in here; we got a new job.”

CUT TO: INT. - MICHAEL KNIGHT’S OFFICE - NIGHT
Michael Knight, now age 48, sits in his chair as Martin & Amy walk in the door. He is dressed casually, in jeans and a gray sweater. Like Martin, he too wears a sophisticated black watch on his wrist. The two agents from Bonnie Barstow’s office are standing there as well. Michael stands up to make the proper introductions.

MICHAEL
“Hi, guys. These are Central Intelligence agents Wexler & Williams; they have been assigned as our informants at the CIA.”

Both of the “kids” shake hands with the agents as a sign of respect, introducing themselves, and everyone takes a seat in chairs around Michael’s desk (Michael himself returns to his chair). He begins to explain to the agents about their new work.

MICHAEL
“I trust you were briefed by Mrs. Barstow before you arrived.”

WILLIAMS
“Yes; she gave us a rough overview.”

MICHAEL
“And you understand that the activities of this Foundation are to remain under absolute secrecy? I can not have this agreement go awry.”

WEXLER
“Yes, Mr. Knight; we understand.”

MICHAEL
“Good. Well then, here is the job: a group of new-wave terrorists has infiltrated the United States, and is seeking to overthrow every one of our national defenses. Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, FBI, CIA, NSA, the Pentagon, even the Secret Service. They have operatives in each of those camps, and are staging a massive attack bigger than either Pearl Harbor or the 2001 World Trade Center bombing. They call themselves the Faction, and the President himself has authorized us to stop them, no matter the cost.”

The agents, as well as Amy & Martin, are obviously taken aback by this news, sitting there in shock. Finally, Martin speaks.

MARTIN
“Okay…so, how many days until the attack?”

MICHAEL
“Three…which is why we have to begin immediately. Amy, are the new models ready?”

AMY
“Yes, sir. I have to look over KITT’s systems real quick, but then we’ll be ready to go.”

Michael smiles in appreciation, and turns his attention back to the agents.

MICHAEL
“You two will return to the Agency, and keep yourselves on alert for any news which might be of help to us. If things get crazy - and they will - call me at this number.”

He pulls a business card from his pocket, and hands it to Agent Williams. They both thank him again, and leave. Martin, Michael, & Amy return to the garage, where two identical models of KITT have been activated, and are idling, ready to be started. KITT’s sensors notice the pulse signature from their scanners, and he speaks.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:16 pm

Hmm...sounds like a well-timed story for us Yanks these days, huh?
Anyhow, good story! Hope to see the second part soon.....:)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:02 am

I cant wait to read the rest of this very interesting story :)

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:53 pm

An interesting start. I like Michael being in charge of the Foundation. An interesting choice to involve the CIA agents.

One little problem, due to bandwidth issues, we don't usually allow fanfiction to be posted directly to the message board. I don't know if you have a website or access to one. I would recommend fanfiction.net, but I don't think they allow stories in script format. I'll see if I can find another option for you.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:14 pm

http://www.bravenet.com/ has free web hosting. That is what I'm using for my Knight Rider Databank site (which I hope to update with LOTS more content tonight, btw ;) )

Bravenet also has a lot of nice, free web tools too, like counters, link manager, etc. so I would recommend them for those who don't have a web site yet. I believe they may also have web templates for those who don't know how to code their own pages. Also they have both online and normal FTP file access.

A good place to put your fanfic. :)

Oh and their photo album says it lets you do hotlinking too!

moviefan2k4
Volunteer

Post by moviefan2k4 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:56 am

I'll post links to the text files for further updates. Part 2 will be online later today.

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:49 pm

moviefan2k4 wrote:I'll post links to the text files for further updates. Part 2 will be online later today.
Hey now... don't keep us hanging... where shall we find these TXT files?

Your premise has a nice and interesting start up, I look forward to reading more.

-Scott

moviefan2k4
Volunteer

Post by moviefan2k4 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:41 pm

I've been starved for ideas; part 2 is taking longer than expected. I'll have it posted soon though.

KITTANDBILLYLUVER
FLAG Recruit

Re: Fan Fiction: "Knight Rider - The Rising"

Post by KITTANDBILLYLUVER » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Gee whizz did ya give up? No more posts about it. LOL! It's been about 4 years now.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Fan Fiction: "Knight Rider - The Rising"

Post by Matthew » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:57 pm

Amy,

Was it really necessary for you to bump a topic that's four years old?!

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?