The REAL reason for the moive delay

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The REAL reason for the moive delay

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:36 pm

Belive it if you wish. I do, cause it makes sense. Just read this from http://www.moviehole.net about why the movie is taking so long and this is the story...

Hasselhoff on Knight Rider movie delay
Posted on Fri, 3-Jun-2005

Movie Producers have asked David Hasselhoff to get his KITT off.

Ah, well...yeah.

Those backing the big-screen version of the Hoff's "Knight Rider" movie were demanding the car not talk in the film, says KGET. But the tall guy with the fluffy chest fought the decision - over two long years - and got his way. The Transam will indeed have a voice-box.

"It's stupid. There's no film without a talking car", says Hoff. "So we waited for two years and we won. The car will talk."

It's stupid they didn't want Kitt to talk, that's like having no General Lee in the Dukes movie. But I think this story is real. Hopefully now we will see some movment happening.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:38 pm

Hasselhoff mentioned this a year ago I believe when they were still at Revolution Studios. The execs didn't want the car to talk so Hasselhoff and Larson left.

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:26 pm

I believe it... but what I cannot believe is that they didnt want the car to talk... I mean WTF that was the whole point of the show was a supercar that talked... It just wouldnt be Knight Rider without the talking car. Dumb Movie Execs are so stupid they dont even realize how much that woulda pissed the fans of the show off... Im really skeptical about seeing this now because watch them give it a womans voice and like make some kinda holographic image of a bimbo like britney spears or something. Im really scared to see what they do with this.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:25 pm

I think of it differently... we should be LESS scared about the movie now, because we know that David Hasselhoff wants to do it right. One of the hardest parts of making a movie is finding a studio willing to produce it. David had that. He had people willing to give him unknown millions of dollars to make a film. And he walked away from it because they didn't share his vision.

He could have taken the easy way out, and didn't. Other movies (Bewitched?) look like they did take the quick-and-dirty path, and I think will completely alienate the fans.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:30 pm

I'm glad he didn't take the easy way out and let other people control what should be in the film.
I initially wasn't interested in the "Knight Rider" movie, because I thought it would be too much like the
movie "Fast and Furious"---with little to no resemblance to the original series!:?
Hopefully the real end product will be a good, true homage to Michael and KITT, and that we'll all enjoy it as well.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:47 pm

I remember when I heard him talking about this on the Wayne Brady show a while back. I couldn't believe it when he said that execs at Revolutions didn't want KITT to talk. I was like "OK...? Um that was like the whole purpose of the show." I could just imagine how much Revolutions would have butchered the film. No doubt they would have turned it into a Fast and the Furious type thing. I thought it was cool when David turned them down to keep the movie the way it should be. Let's just hope he can find a studio soon so we can start hearing some more on it. :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:12 pm

I hope that it's worth the wait.

If a film does happen then it should be just right not any od this stuff about no talking car.

I will be very hard if it does get made,

Not to look and any of the plot given away :lol:

I have waited 20 years for this I want it to be a supprise when I see it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:18 pm

LadyV - Your sig line is SO appropriate to this thread. ;)

I hope they have William Daniels do KITT's voice. I've heard (unconfirmed, I believe) rumors that he will be.

I agree, KITT isn't KITT without his voice. I'd feel like a big part of KITT was missing, or even KITT himself was missing (see the thread on "Kift" in this forum, for example). Even in a big red tomato or a '57 Chevy, or even a TV set, KITT was still KITT. But even MORE so in his usual black Trans Am. KITT is an entity, which INCLUDES a modified early 80s model black Trans Am. When I see that T/A I EXPECT him to talk! If he doesn't, I'd be VERY disappointed!

It wasn't just about a show about a car that talks. It was a show about KITT and Michael's friendship as they worked together to right the wrongs in the world. KITT being an entity of his own.

I'm glad that David is pushing to do this right and make it something fans will love. I've heard quotes of him saying basically the same thing. I think we can expect a really kick-ass movie with our old KITT in it and who knows what else - maybe some nice surprises we'll be sure to love as well. :)

We'll just have to wait and see. I hope that he's closer to at least getting the movie underway now. It's sure been awhile...

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:53 pm

Well,

As much as I hate to say this, David needs to find someone like
George Lucas. Not because of the money issue but because George
had a vision of what he wanted to see from his screenplay and DOWN
RIGHT REFUSED to let the studios tamper with his finished film.

He released a film that was exactly the way he wanted it and look
at the return he got. Now he owns his own production studio and
can do this with ALL of his projects.

Now, I don't think David (or who ever) should run to Lucas himself.
That was mearly an example of what holding strong to what you
want can do.......... Agreed?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:56 pm

While this is old news, I still say good for David. I'm really glad he didn't sell out. This is why I still have faith in the upcoming movie because David and Glen clearly actually care about the quality of the movie, not just making money which is all movie studios are interested in.

I'd like to see the original '82 Trans Am with Michael driving it of course (over the years maybe Michael purchased the parts and had K.I.T.T. rebuilt the way he remembers him?). Michael drove a '57 Chevy as a teenager and got one later in life, which of course then got destroyed. I can see him wanting to do the same thing with the Trans Am, which is actually almost considered a classic.

Then of course get the typical Hollywood "next hot star" to play his son who eventually gets a brand new car (but with obvious similarities to the Trans Am). It would be interesting to have him be a "know it all" and think that he could do a better job at what he does than Michael, too. Have them take care of business for some of the movie and get stuck in a tight situation. Have Michael and KITT come save his ass and show him how the job is done.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:24 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:LadyV - Your sig line is SO appropriate to this thread. ;)
Haha! I guess it is! :)
FuzzieDice wrote: I hope they have William Daniels do KITT's voice. I've heard (unconfirmed, I believe) rumors that he will be.
I think I said a while back that if Mr. Daniels didn't do the voice of KITT, I wouldn't even spend my money to go see it and that statement still stands true. It would be just as bad as having KITT not talk at all to have him speak with another voice. William Daniels himself didn't want to take credit for his talents just so KITT could have his own personality. Having someone else do is voice would be upsetting.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:46 pm

While I do feel Mr. Daniels deserves credit. It also goes to show you how dedicated the Knight Rider cast was to the idea of the show. By selflessly relinquishing credit, Mr. Daniels really did give KITT his very own personality. KITT was KITT. Even if it was Mr. Daniels' voice. But I also think he made KITT who KITT is. :) So if he does the movie, I know he'll do a wonderful job. :)

jedi9778
Volunteer

Post by jedi9778 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:35 pm

:vamp: :kittspin:
kitt running them over
bad movie people who dont want kitt to talk

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:23 pm

So whats the latest on what car they will use? If its not the original KITT, hope its still based on a production car unlike the red tomato as that was the advantage of KITT, it looked unsuspecious. It was only when people commented about KITTs dash that they knew it wasn't any old car.

moviefan2k4
Volunteer

Post by moviefan2k4 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:14 pm

I think you mean "inconspicuous"...lol :D

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:37 pm

andy-kitt wrote:So whats the latest on what car they will use? If its not the original KITT, hope its still based on a production car unlike the red tomato as that was the advantage of KITT, it looked unsuspecious. It was only when people commented about KITTs dash that they knew it wasn't any old car.
Well there are once again rumors stating that KITT will be himself, the 82 Trans Am, but if he is upgraded I too would like to see him in a production-based vehicle. Preferably an 02' Trans Am. I agree with you 100% that KITT is so supposed to be a secret and able to blend in with the rest of the traffic. If he was put into some spaced aged vehicle that looked more like a UFO it would draw way too much unwanted attention and take away from KITT'S appeal.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:48 pm

Why not KITT in an '05 Mustang? I mean, I've altered an image to make a Mustang KITT (which can be seen here).

But it would be great to see KITT in his old '82 self, but maybe a newer KITT featured as well (Son of KITT maybe?)

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:35 am

Is that what the story of the film will be? Thats a great piece of work.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:21 am

CB2001 wrote:Why not KITT in an '05 Mustang? I mean, I've altered an image to make a Mustang KITT (which can be seen here).

But it would be great to see KITT in his old '82 self, but maybe a newer KITT featured as well (Son of KITT maybe?)
Well, neat story but you saw what putting a KITT tpye AI into a Ford did
to TKR. Keep the Pontiac and they will come! Anything else just wont do.

If so.............. Straight to Video, it will go. So just say NO!.........

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:15 pm

I certainly agree with David. The whole idea with Knight Rider was and still IS "The lone crusaider and his talking car", but what I don't understand is, is it going to take another 2 years for them to complete the film or has it already taken 2 years for them? Is the movie going to be released this year or not? And they were talking about bringing back the Trans Am from the 80's! Is that right?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:45 pm

You wont see the movie this year, or next year (I doubt) for that matter.

There is no script, there is no studio backing the film, it is and
has been in limbo for quite some time.

Hopefully the pending success of the Dukes of Hazzard film will
spark interest in reviving Knight Rider into a feature film status
quicker than it has been going. David has been supposedly pushing
for the film to be made but it doesn't sound like it is being pushed very
hard. David never mentions it in any of his interviews or letters to
whom ever. All we get is, I wanna do it........... But thats it.

Who ever said no news is good news needs a kick in the pants.

Same could go for the saying, Good things come to those who wait! :?

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:30 pm

All news/rumours about the movie aside, I think if and when it came out on DVD, the idea of a commentary track by KITT (William Daniels totally in character) would be cool.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:21 pm

Starksy & Hutch - Original Ford Gran Torino
Dukes Of Hazzard - Original Dodge Charger
Thats all that needs to be said....