YES!!!!, "Classic Kitt confirmed for the Knight Rider m

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

YES!!!!, "Classic Kitt confirmed for the Knight Rider m

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon May 16, 2005 2:16 pm

Movie Hole just posted at the home page http://www.moviehole.net and this link http://www.moviehole.net/news/5625.html that Kitt classic and new kitt are in the movie from David's lips!!, this is the best movie site and 99% accurate all the time, check it out

The Dark Knight Returns
Posted on Sun, 15-May-2005

David Hasselhoff appeared on the BBC's Jonathon Ross this week, and mentioned that he's still planning on pulling K.I.T.T out of the repair shop for a feature version.

Unlike the "Baywatch" movie - which the singing swimmer confirmed he'll not be involved in - "Knight Rider : The Movie" has a ready-written role for Haselhoff in it.

The actor says he hopes to steer the film, which Spielberg's company is apparently involved in, into production within the next six months.

The new film, which will centre on Michael Knight and his car loving kid, will feature both the classic K.I.T.T mobile and a new set of wheels for Mike Jr.

David Elliott and Paul Lovett are the film's writers.

The "Knight Rider" movie has been on the cards for a few years now. Sammo Hung's been mentioned as a possible director, and petrolhead Paul Walker, a possible Knight offspring. Best to wait for something solid before beginning the fan-made poster though.

Thanks to 'Neal'

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 16, 2005 3:04 pm

Now we're getting somewhere! Sounds good to me. Have Michael keep the '82 Trans Am and bring in a new car for a new driver. And Steven Spielberg's company is involved in the making? That sounds good to me. I doubt Patricia McPherson will like that much because his company wanted to build a studio on the Ballona Wetlands, which she is trying to save. I wonder how she'll feel about that?

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:46 pm

Steven Spielberg is involved? Great...he also worked on the Back to the Future movies...GREAT

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon May 16, 2005 3:50 pm

See I've been wondering about this news report for a few a few hours here. Here is the problem: I, like many on this forum, have watched the Jonathon Ross interview, no where does he talk about the actual plot of the film, mention a studio, or talk about his writers.

At the point where the Baywatch and Knight Rider movies were brought up, Hasselhoff nearly forgets Spielburg's production companies name (Dreamworks) when talking about their involvement with the Baywatch (not Knight Rider movie). Also, the two scribes mentioned were originally talked about in April of 2003 when the project was still at Revolution studios. (http://knightrideronline.com/archives/2 ... y_text.php)

The only thing they got right was that Hasselhoff said that he would appear in the Knight Rider movie, but not the Baywatch movie, joking that he's too old to be running around on the beach.

It sounds like they took his appearance to rehash the same rumors that have been circulating for awhile.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 16, 2005 4:54 pm

You could be right. I didn't see this interview so I took MIKEMAC's word for it. What got me was, "Said by David Hasselhoff himself!" Maybe I was just being overzealous. :)

Knight 52
Volunteer

Post by Knight 52 » Mon May 16, 2005 5:58 pm

:D Sounds like solid news to me. I hope it will be in the planning stages next as we all want to see a Knight Rider movie made.

Knight 52

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Mon May 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Yay! I am glad the will be keeping the "real" KITT. I thought KIFT was a bit disappointing. KIFT reminds me of beer... you know, an acquired taste?
And it's great that David will still be involved.

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Tue May 17, 2005 1:36 am

i miss david acting just as much as i miss arnold acting... would be cool to see mike say "...kiit, i need you... " again...

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue May 17, 2005 4:38 am

Does anyone have this Johnothan Ross interview for download as divx? I would like to see it please..

Regards
Adam

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 am

There are a few files in this thread: http://bb.knightrideronline.com/viewtopic.php?t=6937

Watch it for yourself and see that Hasselhoff doesn't say any of this, and see that Moviehole is just rehashing old info.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue May 17, 2005 10:12 am

For the most part, I agree. David Elliott and Paul Lovett were responsible for the script that was thrown out by Hasselhoff for trying to make it "farce", a la Starsky and Hutch. Spielberg is not involved in the Knight Rider picture, he's doing Baywatch. The director rumours come from the IMDB, and I wouldn't believe those for a minute.

However, the Jonathan Ross show is filmed the night before over a period of about 90 minutes, and all the interviews are EDITED. Ross is also the presenter of the biggest film review show here in the UK, so there was plenty of room for Hasselhoff to talk about the movie. Unfortunately, unless someone from the audience comes forward, or we can contact a member of the production team, we can't really say otherwise.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

knytrydr
Volunteer

Post by knytrydr » Thu May 19, 2005 7:50 am

Now the question needs to be asked..... Who will play "Mike Jr.?"

I'm thinking Ryan Reynolds as Micheal Knight's son.
The greatest thing about the computer is its availability to the masses.
The worst thing about the computer is that any idiot can get one.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Tue May 24, 2005 5:11 pm

The new film, which will centre on Michael Knight and his car loving kid, will feature both the classic K.I.T.T mobile and a new set of wheels for Mike Jr.
Man laive, if this is true - keeping in mind Hollywood right now - there could so easily be screwed up and made terrible.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Dude! I read your blog about being homeless and all. I sympathize. If you want you can read mine at:

(WARNING: Language. Not for children!)

http://www.livejournal.com/users/fuzziedice6000/

I been going through tough times at my place too. Though a totally different situation, I'm still trying to hang in there and not end up living in a car as well. :( I need a home because I work from home. :shock:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue May 24, 2005 8:24 pm

Staying on-topic...

We have to keep in mind that Hasselhoff's intentions for the movie today may be very different than what the actual movie becomes. Unless he plans on paying for it himself, he can't be certain how the script will come together. It's quite possible that the original KITT will be in the film and that we'll see Michael Knight's son, but it's still pretty early in the process.

Also, it still isn't clear that he actually said any of these things in the first place.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed May 25, 2005 12:07 pm

That's right. A script is always being reworked, retooled, reinvisioned. I mean, remember the scene in "Scream 3" where Jenny McCarthy's character complains about the script for "Stab 3" be re-written again? That's too true in life.
Last edited by CB2001 on Wed May 25, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed May 25, 2005 6:33 pm

The movie was "talked about" for so long, I'm hoping that there even WILL be a movie and if there is, that it will be good. I would love to see the old KITT in it!

I saw a white 3rd Gen T/A in the grocery store parking lot today. They are still out there, so it shouldn't be too hard for them to get a T/A, or even a good conversion as there are some with converted KITT's.