Why can't this be the new KITT in the movie?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Kitsune_Baka
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Why can't this be the new KITT in the movie?

Post by Kitsune_Baka » Tue May 10, 2005 1:47 am

http://www.knightreplicas.com/database/ ... eplicaID=7

While "googling" I stumble across this, didn't even know there was any replica sites other than Knight Registries. I also remember seeing some conceptual drawings of a 2002 model styled KITT that someone actually mailed to David Hasselhoff. I guess I'm a bit of a purist, I still think KITT should be a TA in the movie, but the 80's one would certainly make the movie seem a bit dated. Perhaps "old KITT" could still do a cameo.

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Tue May 10, 2005 2:29 am

i never liked this newer kitt style.. the older original version was and still is timeless..

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:28 am

DON'T MESS WITH BEAUTY.

keep the original is what i always say.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue May 10, 2005 4:14 am

I've always loved this particular vehicle.. It brings KITT upto today's styling methods, the only thing that i would have like to see would be a slightly shorter nose on it..

I've only ever had 2 pics of this car, so thanks for posting the link!

Regards
Adam

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue May 10, 2005 9:21 am

Hmmm... that looks like a combination of the car from the original KITT from the series and a version from the 1991 TV movie.
I think they should keep with the original design for KITT, but give KITT a hybrid gas/electric engine.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 10, 2005 11:51 am

Well, the schnoz is too rounded, can't figure out where the headlights would go, and the turn signal lights are too big. It's too rounded. Then again I'm biased for two reasons: my love for the '82 - '84 T/A KITT style, and the fact that I never liked the "rounded" look of cars today. Jellybeans don't appeal to me. :( I've seen some nice looking "rounded" cars though, but this one somehow just doesn't seem like something I could associate with KITT. But this is just one shot of the car from one direction. More shots of the car from different directions would be needed to really undersand, and then pictures don't always tell all.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Re: Why can't this be the new KITT in the movie?

Post by MIKEMAC » Tue May 10, 2005 12:18 pm

Kitsune_Baka wrote:http://www.knightreplicas.com/database/ ... eplicaID=7

While "googling" I stumble across this, didn't even know there was any replica sites other than Knight Registries. I also remember seeing some conceptual drawings of a 2002 model styled KITT that someone actually mailed to David Hasselhoff. I guess I'm a bit of a purist, I still think KITT should be a TA in the movie, but the 80's one would certainly make the movie seem a bit dated. Perhaps "old KITT" could still do a cameo.
Hey, I understand why you like the new Kitt, but the General Lee is way older then kitt, it's a 69 and they are using that in the new movie, why mess with Kitt, people remeber kitt the way he looks, if you change kitt, like they did for the kr2000 movie, you lose the "character" of Kitt and it's not the same. The starske and hutch car was the same for the movie, so why can't they leave kitt alone as well?

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 pm

With the recent sucess of Starsky and Hutch, and the upcoming
Dukes of Hazzard and Herbie films, I really think that the studios
will keep KITT in the 82 model T/A. They may update his dash and
gadgets but I believe we will see the old car on the screen. It is
something people recognize (as with the other older cars) and
may bring in the older fans as well as new ones. And, be seeing
the action sequences they are able to achieve now a days, I think
they can deliver one hell of a film to us. Wether it gets turned into a
comedy or aims to be more serious is yet to be determined. Either
way, I'll be there.........

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:56 pm

knightdriver wrote:With the recent sucess of Starsky and Hutch, and the upcoming
Dukes of Hazzard and Herbie films, I really think that the studios
will keep KITT in the 82 model T/A. They may update his dash and
gadgets but I believe we will see the old car on the screen. It is
something people recognize (as with the other older cars) and
may bring in the older fans as well as new ones. And, be seeing
the action sequences they are able to achieve now a days, I think
they can deliver one hell of a film to us. Wether it gets turned into a
comedy or aims to be more serious is yet to be determined. Either
way, I'll be there.........
YES!

really, all we fans want is to see our boy Michael back behind the gull wing wheel of our 82-84 buddy KITT on the big screen.

bddotnet
Recruit

Post by bddotnet » Tue May 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Is the gull-wing steering wheel legal?

What about the front scanner?
Bobby Duncan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
http://www.bobbyduncan.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Pardon my expression, but he does have a few screws loose!"

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Tue May 10, 2005 4:40 pm

the only problem with KR is that KITT is suposed to be the car of the futur so if the movie take place in the 80's no probleme but in the 2000's I'm not sur if they 'll use the old design

knytrydr
Volunteer

Post by knytrydr » Wed May 11, 2005 11:20 am

bddotnet wrote:Is the gull-wing steering wheel legal?

Dunno about the gullwing wheel. My car has a makeshift one I created by sawing up the steering wheel out of an S-10 Pick up. I was pulled over for speeding a few months ago and the cop never said anything about the wheel. Actually I think he was impressed by the car.

The scanner is most definalty illegal if it is red or blue because those are for emergency vehicles. Any other color MIGHT be okay. My girlfriend's step-dad is a cop and he asked me if I use it on the streets. The only time I have the scanner on is in parking lots. I'll have to ask him about other colors.

A few days ago, I pulled into a parking lot of a Pizzaria Unos. Had the scanner going when I was in the lot. After I pulled into a parking space, a cop pulled up next to me and seemed to be eyeing my car. I walked back to the car becasue I had forgotten my cell phone and whn I went back to the place he asked me if I knew the address. He was on his cell phone. I was uncertain if he was trying to meet with friends or if he was calling in my car. I was freaking out the whole time i was there. Went to the bathroom several times so I could look out the window to make sure KITT was still there. In the end nothing happened, but that was a scary experience. I'm hoping he was told that since I was in a parking lot it was okay.

Anyone have similar experinces?
The greatest thing about the computer is its availability to the masses.
The worst thing about the computer is that any idiot can get one.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:05 pm

knytrydr wrote:
bddotnet wrote:Is the gull-wing steering wheel legal?

Dunno about the gullwing wheel. My car has a makeshift one I created by sawing up the steering wheel out of an S-10 Pick up. I was pulled over for speeding a few months ago and the cop never said anything about the wheel. Actually I think he was impressed by the car.

The scanner is most definalty illegal if it is red or blue because those are for emergency vehicles. Any other color MIGHT be okay. My girlfriend's step-dad is a cop and he asked me if I use it on the streets. The only time I have the scanner on is in parking lots. I'll have to ask him about other colors.

A few days ago, I pulled into a parking lot of a Pizzaria Unos. Had the scanner going when I was in the lot. After I pulled into a parking space, a cop pulled up next to me and seemed to be eyeing my car. I walked back to the car becasue I had forgotten my cell phone and whn I went back to the place he asked me if I knew the address. He was on his cell phone. I was uncertain if he was trying to meet with friends or if he was calling in my car. I was freaking out the whole time i was there. Went to the bathroom several times so I could look out the window to make sure KITT was still there. In the end nothing happened, but that was a scary experience. I'm hoping he was told that since I was in a parking lot it was okay.

Anyone have similar experinces?
laws about both the wheel and the scanner vary from state to state...you have to talk to your state highway patrol. thats who decides. here in Ohio, the steering wheel is legal but the scanner aint. buuuut..i always drive around with my scanner on anyway. there are a few cities where i wont, but mostly i just keep an eye out for cops and shut it off when i see them. havent been pulled over yet. blue and red are the illegal ones. yellow is ok and white probably is too since your headlights are white.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Wed May 11, 2005 4:29 pm

Instead of the mid 90s trans ams, it should be their last years, I love those.

I also like the original-but he movie supposition I heard was that the "new" Michael Knight would have his own car and Michael would still have the old KITT. SO, if they did update KITT, or if there is a new car, it should be a the newest of the Trans Ams, as they are so much better then those mid-90s ones
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

DarKSLaiN
Operative

Post by DarKSLaiN » Wed May 11, 2005 4:39 pm

check in this link of the forum has a lof of fanpics that i´ve made :). why not a 02 trans am? (i still preffer the 3rdgen one´s)

LINK