Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

RerunKR
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

Post by RerunKR » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:49 pm

Just a note to KR fans that the NEW KR Soundtrack album of The Pilot and 4 additional episodes with music by Stu Phillips is in preparation. It is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but we will have the information about a release date in a few weeks. The theme has been remixed from a 24 track master and all of the cues have been remixed from the original three track. There will be a complete booklet with stills from the show as well as cue breakdown sheets, a page of the score and liner notes covering all of the cues. Also, there is word from Universal Music that they will be releasing a sheet music version of the theme which will also be available at about the same time as the album.

FSM

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:28 pm

If FSM is who I believe it is are you trying to tell us the pilot is going to be released by Film Score Magazine (Formerly Film Score Monthly)
Um ok WOW if this is true I'm all over it.

Brian99_1 - who would love to see this in the stable of other great FSM releases.

RerunKR
Volunteer

KR Soundtrack

Post by RerunKR » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:10 pm

Yes Brian, the pilot and 4 other episodes will be under the Film Score Monthly banner.

SP

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:53 pm

This re-affirms what Stu said at the Sci Fi Summit back in March: It would be put out by Filmscore Monthly, have some really good liner note stuff, and was hoping for an April-May release.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:19 am

I would like to know is the pilot going to on the next DON PEAKE cd for KR or is the pilot cd going to be released separately? As Don is now working the next volume of the KR CD releases. So is DON and STU working together to produce this cd? And will they be releasing futher cd's in order? To match the season by season release of KR? :) :?:

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Re: Stu Phillips KR soundtrack

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:45 am

RerunKR wrote:Just a note to KR fans that the NEW KR Soundtrack album of The Pilot and 4 additional episodes with music by Stu Phillips is in preparation. It is taking a bit longer than anticipated, but we will have the information about a release date in a few weeks. The theme has been remixed from a 24 track master and all of the cues have been remixed from the original three track. There will be a complete booklet with stills from the show as well as cue breakdown sheets, a page of the score and liner notes covering all of the cues. Also, there is word from Universal Music that they will be releasing a sheet music version of the theme which will also be available at about the same time as the album.
FSM
How much does a project like this cost, in terms of pre-production: acquiring the licenses, the actual master tapes, then actually remastering them, then producing the packaging and artwork, etc.? I've always wanted something like this for either "Airwolf" or "The Equalizer".

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:11 am

advent wrote:I would like to know is the pilot going to on the next DON PEAKE cd for KR or is the pilot cd going to be released separately?

Unless Stu says differently I would think that they aren't working together, they are two separate projects. The Pilot music will never be on a Don Peake solo CD, cause it was Stu Philips who composed the music for it. Stu worked on the first bit of the first season, and Don picked up for the rest of the series. And as Stu says in the first post, the Pilot music will be on his CD.

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:00 pm

neps wrote:
advent wrote:I would like to know is the pilot going to on the next DON PEAKE cd for KR or is the pilot cd going to be released separately?

Unless Stu says differently I would think that they aren't working together, they are two separate projects. The Pilot music will never be on a Don Peake solo CD, cause it was Stu Philips who composed the music for it. Stu worked on the first bit of the first season, and Don picked up for the rest of the series. And as Stu says in the first post, the Pilot music will be on his CD.
Okay what website is the cd on? And will it be released? Will there be separate cd releases for all his that he composed on. Or will it be a compliation? As separate cd releases are far better. Unless he does include it in DON'S cd release as bonus cd as apart of KR release. :wink:

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:02 pm

I've been all over the Film score Monthly site http://www.filmscoremonthly.com and so far I haven't seen a single reference to this being released on this label but time will tell as they release new discs just about every month or so.

The Stu Phillips stuff [which is what is rumored to be coming from fsm] will most likely contain music from the Pilot and then selections from the 10 or so episodes that Stu did before handing over the music to Mr. Peak.

As for the Hitchcock CD Vol 2 this is the first I've heard of it being in the works but it wouldn't surprise me since Don and Hitchcock media seem to have a good relationship.

Brian99_1 - who enjoys when two of his hobbies mix

advent
Recruit

kr CD news!

Post by advent » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:57 pm

Here's a part of an email from ron @ hitchcock media...

"...He's a musician, and arranger and a composer. He
continues working here in Hollywood, but at this moment we are not
working on Knight Rider volume 2. We have discussed this possibility
and Universal has agreed to allow him to release more material from
the shows. With the very positive response volume 1 is experiencing,
we have discussed the possibility of a volume 2 sometime near the end
of the year. There is nothing in stone here, but it looks good..."

Then from another piece of info from STU himself...

"...Unfortunately, Universal Home Video is a sort of "self-run kingdom" and
rarely consults any of the performers, and many times, even ignores the
producers of its DVD releases. Generally, "cheap" is the informative
word to use when discussing Universal. Interviews cost money to film.
Need I say more?

Yes, it is no rumor. There will be a Knight Rider Soundtrack release of
Stu Phillips' music in conjunction with Film Score Monthly coming in
late June. (I will be appearing at a Battlestar Galactica convention in
Burbank, CA on June 25-26th and hope to have copies of the CD at that
time. ) The main title is being re-mixed from the 24 track masters, and
the pilot and four other episodes are being re-mixed from the three
track masters. There will be a multi page booklet with pictures and
complete breakdown of each cue.

I have casually discussed the possibility of doing "Fall Guy"...
"Quincy"... "Buck Rogers" and at present, one record company is
considering doing "The Monkees" background music combined with "The
Monkee Songbook" with The Golden Gate Strings that I recorded while I
was writing the show. Lots of things in the fire. There is also a Stu
Phillips 1960s movie scores Anthology in the works in England, which is
due for release in July. It will be a compilation of music from seven
films from the 1960s.

Check FSM or my web site for the latest news on the KR soundtrack..."

I hope this settles a lot of uncertainy to a degree.

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Sun May 01, 2005 4:04 pm

This is so fu(king exciting, I can't stand it.

Just about two years ago I bugged Stu[/b/ for the Pilot score, and he declined, respectfully. Now I see why. :D

advent
Recruit

Re: ...

Post by advent » Mon May 02, 2005 6:10 am

tharpdevenport wrote:This is so fu(king exciting, I can't stand it.

Just about two years ago I bugged Stu[/b/ for the Pilot score, and he declined, respectfully. Now I see why. :D

it's unbearable to wait this long for anything. It's now or never as it could to late for us fans as most of us could past on from heartfailure. With season dvds and soundtracks its looking good this year. If only there was an AIRWOLF sountrack. :)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon May 02, 2005 10:29 am

advent wrote:If only there was an AIRWOLF sountrack. :)
There is an Airwolf soundtrack...and it currently holds the record of being the most expensive TV series soundtrack on two CDs. Original composer Sylvester Levay conducted the songs with a class act live orchestra several years ago and released the two CD set...and got sold out in record time (This is not the crappy European remix being peddled in ebay often).

This two CD set commanded the highest bidding price (US$700.00+) because of its scarcity and excellent quality sound recording (done in hi-fi stereo). Every now and then, this soundtrack comes up in ebay and it usually fetches $400.00 plus...easily! I'd like to grab one myself if only I had the cash to spare.

More info can be read here: http://www.airwolfthemes.com/

And here's a current ebay auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 92200&rd=1

RerunKR
Volunteer

Stu Phillips Soundtrack

Post by RerunKR » Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:38 pm

MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS. JUNE 27. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THE NEW KNIGHT RIDER SOUNDTRACK WITH MUSIC BY STU PHILLIPS AT: http://WWW.STUWHO.COM... http://WWW.FILMSCOREMONTHLY.COM OR AT http://WWW.SCREENARCHIVES.COM

Stu Phillips

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:01 pm

http://www.stuwho.com/

here is the link for stu's site in case others dont want to retype it...

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:43 pm

FSM has listed it today, along with sound clips.

filmscoremonthly.com
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:00 pm

This is a limited edition run? No chance It'll be available to me then cos they don't take any other form of payment other than visa and other american credit cards...we in the UK use other forms of cards not accepted in the US. damn!

When will the time come when these get released commercially so you can just pop into your local store and pick it up?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:53 pm

Ebay is your best bet. Sooner or later it will be auctioned off, all we have to do is be patient and wait.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 am

I use ebay but only prob with that is that it's price is gonna sky rocket on there...i've seen past KR ST's on there that have gone up to at least £100. :shock:

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:23 pm

tharpdevenport wrote:FSM has listed it today, along with sound clips.

filmscoremonthly.com
The screenarchives.com have the soundclips too, they are *.ram files in both sites so RealPlayer is required to listen them.
Awesome clips, hopefully there'll be a way to get this cd from local music store :D

-KITTfan-

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:18 pm

I've gotta say . . . the remastered version of the original KR theme sounds absolutely brilliant!

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:52 pm

E-mail the FSM leader:

lukas@filmscoremonthly.com

I am surep he can work with anyone overseas in matters. He wants to sell these after all. ;-)

Also, screenarchives and FSM team-up - sort of. FSM sells their stuff through them now and I think all their stock is now at Screen archives. There was a thread about it.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:19 am

Skav wrote:This is a limited edition run? No chance It'll be available to me then cos they don't take any other form of payment other than visa and other american credit cards...we in the UK use other forms of cards not accepted in the US. damn!

When will the time come when these get released commercially so you can just pop into your local store and pick it up?
Hmm where in the uk are you Skav? I got a Visa and a master card through my bank and Capital One!

Nick

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:28 am

Ive just ordered mine on my visa. This was really the only reason ive got my credit card, for when i want to order stuff off the net without any hassle.

Skav, im not sure where it would be available in stores here, HMV have got a big soundtrack section, ive seen an A-team one there so who knows, they may get it in, failing that maybe if you went into a smaller music shop they might be able to order a copy in for you ?

Scott

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:32 pm

I have ordered mine too! Cant wait now, from the demos to download from the site it sounds GREAT!

Nick