Knight Rider Game Missions - Some Potential Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JAZF
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by JAZF » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:31 pm

Hi.

Well, I've been playing the game for a litle bit, but I haven't been able to pass the first mission, which I find pretty anoying. I never can stop the bandit cat, I can reach it, but at the end it says "mission accomplished" And I can't go to the next mission.

For the people, who already finish the game, how you dit it? Is there any site or place, where the missions are reviewed?

Thanks

[ November 18, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:55 pm

The best we have right now is the other threads about the game. You should be able to further comment in those.

knightimmortal

Knight Industry
Volunteer

Post by Knight Industry » Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:17 am

Are you sure you choose for 'campaign' and not 'mission' in the main menu?
Because when a mission is accomplished you should automatically go to the next one.
I've had no prblems with that level. The police stops the car and then your mission is complete!

dinknight
Volunteer

Post by dinknight » Thu Nov 14, 2002 11:10 pm

Well, I got the game from by uncle and he sent me the game via FeDex(woopie). Finished the game within 24 hours of installation. Overall, it was nice to see myself pilot the car I love, Davilex has done many things right. However, would like to point out a few things.

1.) The missions are too easy on all levels (easy,medium,hard.)

2.) Controls are ok, just that the handbrake is missing.

3.) The cutscenes video and audio are not in sync.[ Audio finishes earlier than video coz of lagging or something]

4.) There doesn't seem to be a 'look back' view.

5.) Upon looking through the 'Sounds' folder in the big 'Davilex' folder, I came across a few sounds from a level that seems to be hidden. It has something to do with a Michael and KITT trying to stop a train to save Devon and Bonnie, with Michael jumping out of the train later. Can Davilex enlighten us? I thought this 'level' would be unlocked or somthing if i finish all levels (which I did) on all difficulty settings, but noooo.

Also, I would like to know when the cheats would be out so i can use SPM earlier. Overall, I give the game 2 and a half stars out of five. Davilex scored big on the game concept, but the game is too easy to play and not challenging enough. What I said so far is just my opinion only guys. However, anyone up for Knight Rider - the Game part 2?
[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Nov 15, 2002 4:08 am

Yeah.There are some speech parts there which should have been used in a 'control Michael' section of the game.
Maybe an easter egg, or a cheat level?
Teunstah will be able to enlighten us.

Btw, in hard mode the game is challenging in the later missions. Goliath is not forgiving and the time is...you know...significantly smaller.

[ November 15, 2002: Message edited by: Ghost Rider LSOV ]

Marcelius
Volunteer

Post by Marcelius » Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:01 pm

Hey, everyone [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

May I suggest checking out the website www.eeggs.com to look for any easter eggs for any system games, chances are they'll post Knight Rider easter eggs up there soon [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Fozziebear
Volunteer

Post by Fozziebear » Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:40 am

Ne1 could help me on "the Bad son" mission?

I am stuck on the 2nd window...which is the one you have to jump in from the outside. The containers has not enough space for the car to stand on. There are cracks between containers too.

A Tip: when your car is stuck, press the enter key to repost on the ground near by.

Jp.Knight2000
Recruit

Problem with game

Post by Jp.Knight2000 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:10 pm

Hi all.
I've a problem with KR game : sometimes, it works correctly sometimes, sometimes it doesn't .
Why ? I don't understand this & now, it never. :(

Pease help me !! :cry:
One man can make the difference.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:17 pm

Have you looked at the disc itself and looked for scratches???...are you playing the PS2 or PC game? If your playing the PC game, check that you have not got any other major programs running in the back ground. If the PS2, then or i can suggest is give the disc a real good clean!!!!!
Hope it helps,

K.I.T.T

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:52 pm

..........or take it back and swap it for another copy. you don't need receipts to do that.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jp.Knight2000
Recruit

Again

Post by Jp.Knight2000 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:33 am

I've the PC version, now, it never works :cry:
The disc have just a little scratch but my others CDs have many more & they work correctly !
May i install again it but i don't crow about it'll work better.
If any guy had already have this problem, contact me plz !!
One man can make the difference.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:43 am

You should contact the game makers at Davilex at http://www.knightridergame.com. They will be better able to help you.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:05 am

It doesn't matter if your other cd's have more scratches than your KR disc because it all depends on how deep the scratch or where it's located.

the scratches on the other discs can be superficial which won't necessarily affect the playback of the disc.

this one sounds like it's scratched deep enough to reach the programming of the cd.

just take it back, i would. they'll give you another copy right away.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

giles_bob
Stranger

Knight Rider Game Problem HELP

Post by giles_bob » Thu Dec 19, 2002 9:33 am

Hi I beat the 1st level of the game and the 2nd one but it wont let me play the 3rd it keeps saying its locked even tho it said "mission sucessfull" when i chased the guy, i followed him right to the cops.....any help would be greatly apreciated!! thx

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:05 am

thats because you have to do it in 'campaign' mode. you probably selected 'mission' mode!

campaign mode is the proper way to do the whole game.

Skav

giles_bob
Stranger

Post by giles_bob » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:06 pm

i have a problem 2.....but not with it not working, i beat the 1st and 2nd levels and the 3rd level stays locked :@....plz help

giles_bob
Stranger

Post by giles_bob » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:22 pm

text
I can reach it, but at the end it says "mission accomplished" And I can't go to the next mission.

The exact same thing is happening to me and its buggin the hell outta me i wanna play the hole game i follow the car and it says mission done then the 2nd mission stays locked :@:@ so i thought it was just me......does ne1 no anything bout this

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Can someone help me with the Game???

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Dec 25, 2002 1:00 pm

Ok i know im pushing it posting this on christmas day but i don't know what else to try.
My computer is compatable to play the game and when it starts it runs fine! the intro is wicked.
Now..once you get into Flag main frame KITT looks that horried shabbey grey and the wheels are white...so i hear you say go to the options and graphics section....to which i did...no matter what setting i get KITT is slow and not in frame speed and the detail is awful!..i have even adjested my computer settings from 32bit to 16bit but it dident help.

Did anyone else have the same problem???? huhh how frustrating to have the game but cant play it! lol
Happy hoildays everyone!!

K.I.T.T

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Dec 25, 2002 2:43 pm

i have been checking the pics Neil has on his website and his screen shots show the select buttons at the bottom...mine just shows whie bloges hmmmmmmmmmmm

K.I.T.T

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:01 pm

I just got the PS2 version today. So i feel sorry for you not being able to get it going. However onto the response to your question. I got a Star Trek game a year or so ago and it did'nt work properly on a PC that was well above being compatible. It turned out it had a faulty graphics card. The graphics card got repalced and it worked fine afterward. I'm not going to sit here and say that it is going to be that, but you never know. If your other games work fine then it probably isnt the problem, but its the best i can suggest at the moment.

Also Merry Christmas K.I.T.T. and to every other member of this board

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:05 pm

K.I.T.T wrote:i have been checking the pics Neil has on his website and his screen shots show the select buttons at the bottom...mine just shows whie bloges hmmmmmmmmmmm

K.I.T.T
Well might be able to help you if you post your system specs and what OS you have and what drivers you are using.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:15 pm

Hey Math thank you for your reply!...yeah im sort of gutted right now!...(nothing a J.D cant help) :wink:
Now my system is
Windows 98 2nd ed
128.0MB Ram
Direct x9
im no good at saying what i have as for drivers...i have no idea....the saying you need to also put in to help yourself comes to mind but i really have no idea....i will fiddle and fart around with it but i was not sure if someone else has had the same problem.....

K.I.T.T

Smoothy
Rookie

I'm stuck on the PS2 Knight Rider!

Post by Smoothy » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:17 am

I know, doh! But I'm stuck. I've got the PS2 version of Knight Rider as a xmas present and played it. Quite good. But I'm now stuck on the level near the beginning where you have to scan a bank camera for clues. I can do that bit easily. But the second, timed, part is a complete mystery. You know, the one where you detect that someone is altering the video remotely and you have 1 min 30 secs to get to the source and microjam it. The source is in some construction compound, but I can't work out how to get into it so that i can get near enough to use the Microjam! What do I do? :?:

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:26 am

When you enter the compound you have a few boxes next to the left well turbo boost onto them, then turbo boost onto the roof, and you have a clear ride to the object you need to jam...

Smoothy
Rookie

Post by Smoothy » Thu Dec 26, 2002 11:41 am

Really? Easy when you know how! :o