Post your Season 2 Reviews here

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post your Season 2 Reviews here

Post by neps » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:52 pm

Please use this thread to keep all Season 2 reviews that you find in one location. Thanks!

I've just completed my review for Knight Rider Online:

http://www.knightrideronline.com/reviews/season2
Last edited by neps on Mon May 02, 2005 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:40 pm

Nice review, neps. I'm wondering: is the darker tint a result of the newly polished picture, or did the stock film originally have the same shade of blue in the sky, for example? It's a pretty clear difference on the comparison page, but I'm not sure if the Region 2 release is more true to how the episodes were originally filmed. The darker tint makes the picture look more crisp though, in my opinion.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:51 pm

It could very well be that the Region 2 (which was a first season episode comparison) colors were more acurate to what was shot, and converting them to digital allowed them to color correct them and fix bad filming or bad film stock from back then. Or it could be that the previous releases were using 20 year old film that wasn't transfered properly, where they have now.

I'm not exactly sure. I tried getting an interview with the people who put the set together which to me would be really facinating. Unfortunatley they are really busy with all the sets that Universal is churning out, the PR guy couldn't spare someone to speak to.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:39 pm

I haven't gotten my DVD of the 2nd season of "Knight Rider", but I'll say something about it after I get it in the mail on either April 14th or 17th. :)
Question: could you have put a more pleasant picture than that of Garthe Knight to head up this thread?
Just wondering....... :? :shock:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:13 pm

I thought it was a great picture of Garthe, shows his intensity. Remember, it's not Hasselhoff, it's a character. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:50 pm

Great review Neil.

It seems it isn't as bad as we all thought about the song change, but I will show my pettiness when I get it and probably will try to spot it.

If it's just a background song during, say, a dinner conversation between two character's then I wouldn't care about that.

One word on the packaging: PERFECT this time round.

I hate the digi-pack, did I tell anyone that I have to replace my whole boxset of the 1st season because the first 15 mins of the episode 'Final Verdict' doesnt play, due to scratches?

ONE EPISODE = an entire boxset being replaced. :oops:

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:52 pm

Great review... Got me all excited and pumped up for Tuesdays Release. I cant wait for tuesday... I hate the waiting. I just hope my parents dont pull the youll have to wait till we get paid BS on tuesday because my birthday was in Feb. and they still owe me my birthday gift and I told them that this is what I wanted. I hate when they do that to me... I get so excited for something and I want it on the first day. It happened to me for the Season one release My mom was supposed to pick it up while I was at work but she went to wal-mart and they didnt have it yet and she didnt want to go but I really had to beg her to just go to best buy to buy it for me and then she didnt come home with it till like 9pm which was like 5 hours after I got off work in which I wanted to spend watching it.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:47 pm

I didn't think I meant David Hasselhoff at all; just the character of Garthe Knight.
I was also thinking that KITT would've been a
nice picture to put there, but I think it's okay the way it is now, though, come to think about it, because the picture highlighted a huge challenge for Michael and KITT.
I hope that clears things up for you.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:45 pm

I like the picture of Garthe and think it's an odd thing to comment about as it has nothing to do with the second season reviews.

I'm glad the music changes weren't as bad as I anticipated. I guess we got really lucky that Knight Rider utilized a lot of songs by cover artists which made it easier for Universal to retain the music.

The interesting thing when it comes to the music is that I think the standard M.O. is to pay to retain a song that is directly referenced or sung by the characters. This was the case with Quantum Leap where I mentioned that a handful of songs remained. The particular songs that remained were sang or hummed along by the characters.

A lot of Season 3's music is used as opening music for the episodes, so if they are too expensive, unfortunately I think Universal will see them as expendable. As it stands now with Season 2, I can live with one or two songs removed. I probably won't notice what song is removed anyway as I haven't seen most of those episodes in a long time. I guess I can look forward to purchasing the set thanks to your review, neps. :)

pavanbadal
Recruit

Post by pavanbadal » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:29 pm

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:38 am

if they remove "we dont need another hero" from Knight of the Juggernaut (season 4) im gonna be really pissed. Hell id rather wait for them to get the license than to have it come out early with songs changed.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:24 am

"Music May Differ from Televised Version."

This is what it says on the packaging according to pavanbadal. Well, it looks like Universal has learned their lesson from previous DVD releases. No, not to include the original music from now on, but to cover their asses so they don't get sued. :roll:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:52 pm

I've reviewed the new set over at the Knight Rider Archive.

Let me know what you think!

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:44 pm

I got my DVD set delivered 1 day ealry before the release date, and fortunately, the DVDs survived the shipping.
i know I saw the 2nd season opener, but somehow I don't remember Michael and KITT
zooming past a scared older man and his burro twice before getting out of the desert, and I think that sure refreshed my memory of that!
I'm glad to see the "Goliath" episode in its original form again.
Will tell you more later......

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:36 am

I saw K.I.T.T. change his license plate in "Brother's Keeper" for the first time since I was a kid and watched the NBC airings. It explains how KARR's plate changed from TDR to KvK also.

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:14 pm

Soul Survivor and Brother's Keeper played fine. Then, during the poker scene between Michael and Garthe, my dvd started freezing when played on my Phillips DVD player. So I decided before exchanging the set I'd try it on my PS2 DVD player. Worked perfectly :? Same thing has happened in the past with other sets from other TV shows.

knightrider#1fan
Recruit

Post by knightrider#1fan » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:43 pm

Just got mine earlier tonight i have only got to watch goliath so far. The Colors and Images are wonderful as in season 1. I can only watch mine in our playstation 2 because when i put it in our dvd player it the picture just jumps up and down and the pictures look unclear and grainy and have less color. i am happy so far. Anyone Know when seasons 3 and 4 are coming out? Can't wait!!!! :D will post more comments when i watch more!! and that will be soon!!! :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:55 pm

I'm onto the 2nd disc, just finished watching Silent Knight......as with the first season, colours jump out at you, really vibrant.

The mono ST is decent, pretty bassy if you got a good system.

And the menu's are animated with great clips, just like the first.

10/10

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:27 am

I'm a little further along, on the 2nd disc, so just finished seeing "Ring of Fire"; will see some more tomorrow.....

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:47 am

The video is so amazing, it's like you're watching it for the first time, and you can see all of KITTs nice lines in the nighttime scenes! It makes you think of movie quality...

It's too bad about the removal of the song, but I'm wondering how Columbia House could release White Line Warriors on DVD without touching the Prince song, but Universal themselves could not?

And did anybody happen to notice the excessive use of the Universal logo this time? I mean not only is it before every episode, but at the beginning of every disc. So you get to see it 2 times before even starting an episode on a new disc. I guess they'd hate for us to forget who they are or something...

SH

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:23 am

ya, that annoys me. but it's a good thing the skip button exists.

just watched 'diamonds arent a girl's best friend' and did anyone notice that the SFX were a little quiet with this one?

in the teaser, it shows you michael rolling over to avoid the gunshot, but there was NO gunshot to be heard in the teaser even though you saw the hand fire the gun. it was ok in the actual scene of the ep. also, another scene is where kitt drove threw the puddle, its stock footage thats been used time and time again, but this time you didn't hear the car go through the puddle. it was just silent.

i dunno what to make of this.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:27 am

Great review!! Mine has just shipped from Amazon... Shd be receiving it next week!!! Woo hoo!!! :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:46 am

Knight Rider Archive wrote:I've reviewed the new set over at the Knight Rider Archive.

Let me know what you think!
Nice review Paul! Good catch on the crops! and thanks for verifying the music song change with what we found.

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:25 pm

Yes, Thank You Paul! It's nice to finally see a cropped shot, cause I could never find them...

You've also confirmed what Skav said, so I'm gonna have to pop in that disc today and check it out...

SH

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:44 pm

spyhunter wrote:It's too bad about the removal of the song, but I'm wondering how Columbia House could release White Line Warriors on DVD without touching the Prince song, but Universal themselves could not?
That's a really good question. I'd like to know the answer to that one myself. :?