"New Car To Take On Knight Rider"

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"New Car To Take On Knight Rider"

Post by Sith » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:43 am

A new car has been described as the modern day Kitt from Knight Rider.

Kitt from the TV show told driver Michael Knight how he was feeling, how to beat the villains and how to act.

Swiss engineers have unveiled an interactive concept car known as the Senso.

The Senso runs on natural gas and determines the driver's mood by measuring biometric data and then adjusts the environment accordingly.

If the car detects an increase in heart rate or erratic driving it uses a selection of relaxing colours, music and even smells to help calm the driver down.

These are integrated into the futuristically designed interior panelling, which bathes the cockpit in dazzle-free ambient light.

And should the central computer establish any symptoms of sleepiness in the driver, electric motors integrated in the seat will shake him awake by vibrating.

The new car's design is also radical with the driver sitting alone in the middle of the front row, flanked behind by two passenger seats.

The Senso comes from Rinspeed Design and is due to be released at the Geneva motor show next month.

Depending on industry interest the car may go into production as early as next year with a price tag of around £20,000.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1293591.html

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:30 pm

A very interesting concept.
If they make this new car to look like KITT, my guess is sales will skyrocket.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:44 pm

That sounds pretty cool, but it still can't talk or drive itself. :P The car's seating isn't that radical either. The McLaren F1 has the same type of seating arangement.

Observe...
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:57 pm

Very nice! :D It's probably the most KITT-like car (soon to be) on the market. I hope that's a prototype in the picture though. It looks kinda like a hot dog bun...

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:35 pm

To me, the exterior shot of the car looks like something out of Robocop or Starship Troopers and the interior seating for three sort of reminds me of a Cylon raider from Battlestar Galactica. Those side headlamps or signal changers on the front look sort of like lazer guns.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:47 pm

That car looks like a newfangled race car that would run circles around KITT, except it looks a bit strange to me.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:26 am

Yeah, that better not be the shape of things to come. :) I'd love to see some of these features and a talking AI in a normal car (and not the jellybeans that are running all over the road these days).

I'm hoping to get my car computerized, but I know everyone else will beat me to the punch. :? Oh well, I'll try and have fun learning at least.

I don't think I want a car half-electricuting me awake though. I mean, what if it goes berzerk? :shock:

I know... just name it KARR? :twisted: