KNIGHT RIDER - Movie Cast List -

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:00 am

MrPayner wrote:OK.. i had a thought.. why would we have to replace Devon? He passed away in the older movie, but seeing as Michael Knights son would be taking his place, Michael would in effect be taking Devons role.

I totally agree with this. Plus seeing a 50+ year old Hasselhoff wouldn't be right. I'm not sure who I'd use as Michael's son, but I think Jennifer Garner would be a great Bonnie. I'd use William Daniels of course as Kitt.

AP

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:06 am

Originally, these had been my choices for "Knight Rider" if you had asked me back in 1999 and had the movie be a remake of the pilot episode:

Michael Knight- David Duchovny
Bonnie Barstow- Angelina Jolie
Devon Miles- Sean Connery
KITT- 1999 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird.
Voice of KITT- William Daniels
Tanya Walker- Vanessa Williams (because no one would expect her to be a bad guy. Great for the first twist in the movie.)
Wilton Knight- Donald Sutherland

But if I had to redo the choices for now, these would most likely be them:

Michael Knight: Ethan Hawke (I know what you're going to say, but I think he's pretty good. I mean, he doesn't even look a day over 34. Plus, I can imagine him saying lines like "Great, my car TALKS to me." and "You're just as fun as a divorce!"), Johnny Depp (I can picture him saying the same lines too, and he's a pretty good actor) or Matt Damon (I know, I know... But you can't say we couldn't at least give him a shot. I mean, look at "The Bourne Identity" for Christ sakes! That was a good one).
Bonnie Barstow: Sandrine Holt (check out this post here
KITT: 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Voice of KITT: William Daniels or the guy who actually did the voice of KITT for the game (as a back up, in case Mr. Daniels isn't available)
Devon Miles: Sean Connery (STILL) or Anthony Hopkins
Tanya Roberts: Maria Bello (See "Coyote Ugly", "Secret Window" and "Payback")
Wilton Knight: Charlton Heston (oh come on, why not?) or David Carradine (of "Kill Bill", "Kung Fu" and "Death Race 2000" fame).

But now, I've changed my mind and have thought up a movie idea that follows the events of "Knight Rider", "Knight Rider 2000" and "Team Knight Rider" called "Knight Rider Legacy" (a lot of people have thought "Knight Rider Legacy" would be a good title of the movie before I did, though I picked up and ran with it to create a poster and DVD image), which lead to an idea for a fan fiction series. You can read about it at the following post: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=6375

Now, the only thing I would say is that phoenixknight was right, that a 2005 Ford Mustang GT would make a pretty good KITT for now, be it a remake of the pilot episode or a new movie.

Fuzzy Dice- What do you mean you don't know Jon Voight? "Midnight Cowboy"? "Enemy of the State?" "Mission: Impossible"? "Pearl Harbor"? You mean you don't know those? He's also the father of Angelina Jolie (Jolie actually happens to be her middle name).

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:33 pm

Sean Connery definitely needs to play Devon Miles in the movie. I believe he'll bring as much comedy and dignity to the film as the late Edward Mulhare did to the series.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:02 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:Sean Connery definitely needs to play Devon Miles in the movie. I believe he'll bring as much comedy and dignity to the film as the late Edward Mulhare did to the series.
He definately would. I mean, look at "Finding Forrester" and "Playing by Heart" (both films that he's been in). Even with dramatic roles, he's still pretty funny and would no doubt do Mr. Mulhare justice. He may be Scottish, but he's pretty good actor.

Knight 52
Volunteer

Post by Knight 52 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:16 pm

I can't see Bruce Willis as Michael Knight. The others I agree on.

More like Matt Damon or Christian Bail.

Knight 52 8)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:13 pm

Chirstian Bale? God, why didn't I think of him? He'd make a great Michael. I mean, look at his wide range of performances, even from when he was a kid. "Empire of the Sun", "American Psycho", "Laurel Canyon"... Good grief!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:10 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:Sean Connery definitely needs to play Devon Miles in the movie. I believe he'll bring as much comedy and dignity to the film as the late Edward Mulhare did to the series.
The only problem I see when they cast Sean Connery is....his talent fee! It would probably be so high that there wouldn't be any money left for the actual film's production. :shock:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:31 pm

CB2001 wrote: Fuzzy Dice- What do you mean you don't know Jon Voight? "Midnight Cowboy"? "Enemy of the State?" "Mission: Impossible"? "Pearl Harbor"? You mean you don't know those? He's also the father of Angelina Jolie (Jolie actually happens to be her middle name).
Sorry, I don't know either of them as I never saw any of the shows you mentioned. I vaguely remember the names "Mission: Impossible" and "Perl Harbor" but these are shows I never took enough interest in watching.

And now days, I rarely at all watch TV. So I have no real idea of who actors are and what they played in anymore, really.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:55 pm

Conan O'Brien as Devon lol :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:30 pm

How 'bout Matt Damian for Michael's son? He can kick some butt. Why bring Wilton back? He also dyed in the forst ep.
I agree on David and Williams for Michael and KITT. There dan be no other. Michael and KITT go together. I don't think they would be anything without each other. The rest wouldn't matter to me.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 am

Knight Storm wrote:The only other person to play Kitt that I woulds tolerate would be...

Sean Connery

Hands down! Lol But Williams Daniels is my First and formost choice!
Sean Connery would be good as the voice of KITT but I am in total agreement with you, Mr Daniels is A1 - he is the perfect voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand! :D

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:24 am

[quote="Knight-Rider"]My Dream Cast

Tell me what you think, I put some thought into these selctions.

MICHAEL KNIGHT - James Caviezel
Excuse my ignorance but I do not know him.

K.I.T.T. - William Daniels
For sure!!!

DEVON MILES - Anthony Hopkins
Hehe - as long as he doesn't start bitting heads off we are set but you are right, would have the "voice" and character to take on the role.

LONNIE - Catherine Zeta-Jones
You mean Bonnie :) - Yes - Nice !

Dr. RALPH WESLEY - Robert De Niro
Robert would be good in any role!

TANYA WALKER - Elizabeth Hurley

FRED WILSON - James Gandolfini

SECURITY OFFICER GRAY - John Travolta

All pretty decent choices...

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:26 am

GetKittBack wrote:heres my casting list

michael knight- david hasselhoff (gotta have him back just wouldnt look right without him)

kitt- william daniels (of course)

bonnie- really dont know

devon- sean connery

this is just some of the people in the movie that i would like to see.
With today's technology, couldn't they use all the original's as holograms if they cannot make the cut or do some voice overs or something? At least all the same characters wouold be kept.

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:30 am

Lyn wrote:I think Bruce Willis is way wrong to play Michael Knight in the "Knight Rider" movie, because I don't think he'll make talking to a car believable at all; David Hasselhoff did that right in the original series!
My ideal cast wound be:
Michael Knight: David Hasselhoff; he's still standing, as it were....
Devon Miles:Morgan Freeman( I know that's different, but he's a good actor, and it's imaginary casting; I could see him portraying Mr. Miles, in a different light)
KITT:William Daniels
Bonnie Barstow:Sandra Bullock
RC3:Peter Parros(on break from "As the World Turns")
Wilton Knight: John Voight
I know some of these names are way out of the ball park, but they're mainly hypothetical, for the time being....
Good choices as well. Morgan Freeman as Devon? That has some potential. And the beautiful Sandra as Bonnie; that is nice too. These would be perfect! :lol:

gillmacca
Volunteer

Post by gillmacca » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:19 pm

I think I would rather see less well know people (maybe unknowns) so that more money can be left available for the actual film. The only person I have seen listed so far that I think would fit right in, apart from David himself, is Charlton Heston as Wilton, but that would only work if they were going to re-tell the story. I don't want to see that, I want a brand new film, not a re-hash

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:51 pm

chrisebourg wrote:
Lyn wrote:I think Bruce Willis is way wrong to play Michael Knight in the "Knight Rider" movie, because I don't think he'll make talking to a car believable at all; David Hasselhoff did that right in the original series!
My ideal cast wound be:
Michael Knight: David Hasselhoff; he's still standing, as it were....
Devon Miles:Morgan Freeman( I know that's different, but he's a good actor, and it's imaginary casting; I could see him portraying Mr. Miles, in a different light)
KITT:William Daniels
Bonnie Barstow:Sandra Bullock
RC3:Peter Parros(on break from "As the World Turns")
Wilton Knight: John Voight
I know some of these names are way out of the ball park, but they're mainly hypothetical, for the time being....
Good choices as well. Morgan Freeman as Devon? That has some potential. And the beautiful Sandra as Bonnie; that is nice too. These would be perfect! :lol:
How about Jean Stapleton ?!?

citizen_x
Operative

Post by citizen_x » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:08 pm

My dream cast has to include the original cast members. they are not that old, and you all know that nothing will satisfy us rather then having the original actors.

The only character that could be replaced in my opinion is michael's. I think that Christian Bale could be an accelent michael.

K.I.T.T.2002.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2002. » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:30 pm

I'm not keen on this idea for "Michaels' Son", it would probably be more acceptable for Michael to find an able replacement in the way Wilton and Devon did in the Pilot. Then Michael assumes the position as head of FLAG.

Anyway here's my ideal cast list:

Michael: David Hasselhoff
K.I.T.T.: William Daniels
Bonnie: Sandra Bullock
The New Guy: Vin Diesel or Tom Jane? :o
Main Villain: Michael Madsen

Other parts require a bit if thought...... :idea:

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:04 pm

I always thought "Antonio Banderas" would make a good Michael Knight or a new replacement. :D
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:36 pm

My ideal list:

Michael : Gerard Butler (Come on, was he lovely in Phantom or not?)
Bonnie : Angelina Jolie - she can really do independent woman for the 21st Century and wouldn't let Michael fawn over her all the time.
KITT : Alan Rickman - smooth, wicked voice, coated in chocolatey sarcasm muted with elegance and polish. (Just picture him saying 'Michael, not again, do put down that comb when I'm talking to you)
DEVON : Whoever suggested Hopkins, don't. We need someone gentlemanly, and dashing, not morose. Not many gentlemen left really, but I am going to say Jeremy Northam, even if he would be the youngest Devon ever...
VILLAIN : Paul Bettany - gorgeous, talented, and would do villainy so well and with such a beautiful voice...

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:05 pm

No one can take the originals place. There can only be one Knight Rider, and only they can make another movie. They can add a son for Michael. That would be okay.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:24 pm

If I were in charge of the new movie, I’d definitely make it a re-imagining of Knight of the Phoenix, and I would set it back in 1982 because the world today is a completely different place to the world that Michael Knight protected with his martial arts skills and indestructible supercar. In this day and age, Michael would need to carry a hand gun at the least, and Kitt would probably have to carry some form of advanced weaponry that would go far beyond the laser that he occasionally carried in the series, and in my opinion, those options are unacceptable because they would radically change the original vision.

For this re-imagining I would cast the following actors in the main parts.

Jenson Ackles – Michael Knight

Jenson Ackles has proven during his stint on Dark Angel that he could potentially be the perfect replacement for David Hasslehoff as Michael Knight. He has all of the hallmarks necessary, and when it comes to martial arts orientated fight scenes, this guy looks fantastic.

William Daniels – Voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand

William Daniels made K.I.T.T. what he is to all of us today, and I can honestly think of no one else’s voice that I would rather hear emanating from behind the trademark voice modulator than his.

1982 Pontiac Trans Am – Body of the Knight Industries Two Thousand

The 1982 Trans Am is iconic amongst Knight Rider fans, just as the 1969 Dodge Charger is amongst Dukes of Hazzard fans and it is a must have.

Alan Rickman – Devon Miles

Alan has the look and ability to make Devon Miles equally as classy as Edward Mulhare did in the series, and I would love to see an actor of such high calibre take on the role.

Keegan Connor Tracy - Bonnie Barstow

If anyone has seen Jake 2.0 you’ll know that Keegan Connor Tracy played Diane Hughes, a character that was very similar to Bonnie Barstow. Plus she’s a hotty to boot. :)

Sir Anthony Hopkins - Wilton Knight

When I think of Wilton Knight, I can’t help but think that the character has to be played by a legendary figure in Hollywood, and I believe that Sir Anthony Hopkins fits the bill to perfection.

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?