New KITT Suggestions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

situ
Volunteer

What car to use in movie?

Post by situ » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:39 am

Here are few pics of Corvette

What do you think ? Image

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: Zed ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:49 am

I think I just shorted out my laptop from the drool.

Of course, I have always been a 'Vette lover. I saw the Black one on Yahoo! Autos a few months back, and I just about hurt myself sighing in glee.

knightimmortal
(ya trans-am worshippers can stone me, for defecting, but I have enough room in my heart for two gorgeous cars.)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:17 am

Well, there are things known as modern day muscle cars.... They're called "modified street racers". J/k

Honestly, I have thought about it some, and here are the five choices I would prefer:

1. 2000 Pontaic Trans Am- It would not count as a promotion for the fact that some older vechiles have been used in films nowadays and it doesn't count as promotion since they are no longer made (i.e. 1969 Dodge Charger, "The Fast and The Furious").
2. 1998 Ford Mustang- I know you're thinking "TKR again?" No. KITT would look good as a Mustang, plus I can imagine his dash inside a Mustang. Plus, there is the area where the horse emblem that can be used for the scanner light.
3. Plymouth Interceptor Prototype- This thing was the "star car" for the film "The Wraith" with Charle Sheen back when he was "the big star" if his day. I can imagine the front being altered for the scanner to be added.
4. 1995 Supra- Yes, I know, it's "The Fast and the Furious" all over again... BUT if its modified to fit KITT's appearance, than it may be useful. Besides, it would ensure KITT could keep up with the new competition.
5. 1997 Land Rover Outback Stationwagon- I know, "KITT the stationwagon?" NO. KITT with the ability to only be able to pursue vechiles/people on normal flat lands, but in off roads area as well. And that's where the Outback may be helpful.

Of course, this is all just a thought.

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:17 pm

How about a Dodge Stealth? Or did they stop making them too?

Cheri

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:45 pm

Dodge Stealths were phased out.

knightimmortal

Redraptor
Stranger

Post by Redraptor » Mon Aug 26, 2002 8:32 pm

I like the idea of a black Corvette being used...they look very very nice and sleek. IMHO they also seem to have that Kitt quality in over all shape.

Heck, for some reason every time I always saw them on the street i kept thinking that they looked like a cross between KITT and a corvette, and that was the product.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:40 pm

I love the looks of the Corvette, for its own sake, but I don't like the idea of a Corvette as KITT. The Corvette is, for one, harder for your average working person to imagine themselves driving in reality. People may dream of a Corvette, but they have a lesser chance of ever owning one. Also, a Corvette is more of a slick rich corporate executive's toy; it just lacks the individualness and attitude of the T/A. One other thing that hurts the vette's qualifications for KITT, is its lines. The vette is beautiful in its own right, but I think it is way too curvy and swoopy to be KITT. Most people even refer to vettes as a "she."
I think KITT should be sleek, but with strong, fairly pointed lines, rather than rounded and curvy. That's just my take, though. All of the above is the sole expression and opinion of one man, Darknight, who hopes that it didn't chaff anyone too much, because I didn't wanna do that at all.

Darknight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:44 pm

Um, most people consider the Trans-Am in a female form as well.

And since when was the 'Vette considered a rich corporate car? They are the favorites amongst Air Force fly jockeys.

It won't be easy for the standard person to get their hands on one, sure, but it isn't easy now for people to get their hands on a KITT conversion.

knightimmortal

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:37 am

I don't really think that most people consider the T/A a female. I would say the pilots probably prefer a Corvette because of its refinement. They're used to hi tech state of the art planes, and the vette no doubt appeals to that. It really is a very nice automobile, but it's not KITT. It's a vehicle that most of us "younguns" wish we could have, and older rich men with mid life crises drive to feel younger, but it's not KITT. At least a regular Trans Am is a little more conceivable for most of us to own at some time, and perhaps pretend that we're Michael Knight, and it's KITT. That was no doubt a huge bolster to Knight Rider's popularity the first time around.

Darknight

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:43 am

This came up in one of the earlier incarnations of the board. Many trans-ams are considered female, many cars are considered female. Just because you don't think they are female, and just because many people who have been exposed to KR don't think it is female doesn't mean the whole world thinks it is female. Even Michael called KITT 'baby' one time.

As for that, well, if they make the T/A popular again, welcome to the wonderful modern day world of price jacking. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And at least they are still producing the 'Vette.

knightimmortal

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:14 am

What I'd like to see is KITT in his old Trans-Am body in half the movie, get blown away, then put into a new 'Vette.

Heh, as a little in-joke, KITT could stop at a traffic light, next to Faceman and Murdock in Face's 'Vette.

Murdock: "Man, Face. Look at that. That proves you're livin' in the past!"
Face: "Hey, I'm a wanted man! You can't expect me to upgrade so soon!"
KITT: "Go back to the '80's!"

KITT then drives away.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:51 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by knightimmortal:
<STRONG>Even Michael called KITT 'baby' one time.

knightimmortal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't even been avidly following this thread, but I was impressed with that source quote, KI! It just highlights, I think, how Michael regarded Kitt the CPU as separate to the car. The car was his 'baby' when he was sweet-talking it out of ditches, and Kitt became the poor guy who wasn't giving enough power! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sarah

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:10 pm

Aside from what I think, or the board thinks, more people look at a vette as female, and at a T/A as male; it's in the shape and attitude of the car. Michael's reference to KITT as "baby" doesn't necessarily imply that he saw KITT as femimine in any way. Guys use "baby" in sports all the time, or when they're hoping to get lucky on a bet, etc...ex: "come on baby, that's it...yeah! wooohooooo! touchdown!" blah blah blah. doesn't mean they see the football player as female, it's just an expression when a lot of guys are really rooting for a specific outcome, like say, as Sarah mentioned, if Michael was in a jam, he might instinctively say "come on baby" without at all thinking of KITT as feminine.

T/A is out of production, so dealers can't jack up the prices any longer on the new ones, and used T/A's will not sell for more just because of the movie. If you know the NADA suggested price and the Blue Book price, and have any degree of consumer savvy, there's no way a dealer is gonna be able to pull a fast one pricewise.

Darknight

K.A.R.R. Fan
Volunteer

Which car should be used for a new KR series/movie?

Post by K.A.R.R. Fan » Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:46 am

Just vote :lol:

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:27 am

i'd like to add another option: KITT, in his original form factor, but supped up with new technologies.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:05 am

Newer model would be great.
See http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... =6996#6996 for what I mean.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:04 pm

I have to clarify my vote. I voted for new model T/A cause I would love to see KITT in an updated T/A. But I also love the original '82-'86 body. I don't think the movie would do as well with the old KITT. So it's a tough call for me!

Nick

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:03 am

Now that the T/A is no more maybe the C6 Vette coming out next year would work.

Check it out
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Mich Knight
Volunteer

Post by Mich Knight » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:24 am

hmmmmm, it's hard to Chose. *L* I Liked the original '82-'86 Body & KIFT

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sat Dec 14, 2002 8:57 am

Although i voted for the new model of trans-am i'd really like to see the new Kitt as a new Ford Mustang Mach 1. The car is gorgeos and the paintwork, obviously Kitt would probably be plain black, but what about a change. NOT red its too bright but those dark colours on the Mustange with the modified nose for the scanner.

IT'D BE GREAT!!!

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! check it out, its the blue one at the top and you can scroll down to Mustang Mach 1.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustan ... ang_Mach_1

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Dec 14, 2002 10:06 pm

I hardly knew which way to vote. I'd love to see KITT in original form, yet I'd also like to see something newer, sleeker...I just don't know! haha
oh, the dilemma.

DK :roll:

KITT431
Recruit

Post by KITT431 » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:22 pm

Keep K.I.T.T. in his original form, but he needs to have more speed and newer technoligical advances. This should be the only choice.

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:29 pm

I think it should be the "old" K.I.T.T. with some new technologies

Yours Sandra

Soul Sista
Rookie

Post by Soul Sista » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:59 am

Like I said in another post,NEVER mess with a classic! Kitt should be in his original form,but with newer technology.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:04 pm

I think everyone knows my opinion: bring on a newer model T/A or Firebird!!! KITT was always a pontiac and should STAY a Pontiac. So what if the production lines have stopped for now, they'll prolly be back up for a newer special production car in a few years just like with the Thunderbird. I'd LOVE TO see a newer model T/A, just as long as the model they base it on doesn't look too retro like the Thunderbird (although that's a sweet car, it just wouldn't work for KITT). My ultimate choice will always be the 4th gen. F-body cars because they just look so right! MY avatar shows my support. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff