Knight Rider Movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

edwardknight2005
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Movie

Post by edwardknight2005 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:56 am

Ok stupid question but Does anybody have any idea when the new Knight Rider movie will be made...DH and Glen Larsen were talking about making the movie on the Commentary for the pilot episode?

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:59 am

Uh, perhaps when everything's all ready financially and scriptwise?
I'm not really sure......

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:11 pm

if you check down just a few threads and also on page two, you will find that there are already two threads on this very subject ;)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:49 pm

Glen Larson and The Hoff don't even know themselves when the movie will be made. Not much has been revealed in the past year.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:22 am

Uh, I guess the movie will come out in 2007, at the latest, I guess....
Lotsa luck with making the movie, you guys! Eventually....

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:24 pm

If they do make a Knight Rider movie, will the timeline take place in the 80's or in the present, like in the Brady Bunch Movie, where the Bradys are in a time warp, wearing 60's clothing and hairstyles in today's world. And if they do decide to film it in the present, they are going to make some technical upgrades to KITT to meet up with today's standards.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:40 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:If they do make a Knight Rider movie, will the timeline take place in the 80's or in the present, like in the Brady Bunch Movie, where the Bradys are in a time warp, wearing 60's clothing and hairstyles in today's world. And if they do decide to film it in the present, they are going to make some technical upgrades to KITT to meet up with today's standards.
it's going to take place in the present because i remember watching DH on the Wayne Brady show last year and he said it would while he was discussing about the movie.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:50 pm

In one of the Knight Rider episodes, I am not sure which one, we see Michael playing video games on one of KITTs TV screens. The graphics on the screen look more like that of an Atari 2600, which makes the high tech dash look very dated. Maybe they will install high definition TV screens on the dash of both driver & passenger sides and a state of the art Playstation system for the upcoming film.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:47 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:If they do make a Knight Rider movie, will the timeline take place in the 80's or in the present, like in the Brady Bunch Movie, where the Bradys are in a time warp, wearing 60's clothing and hairstyles in today's world. And if they do decide to film it in the present, they are going to make some technical upgrades to KITT to meet up with today's standards.
I reckon they should base it in the 80's, Part of KR's new found fame is due to the "Retro" factor.....KITT is an 80's car In every sense, From the body design to the LED/Pushbutton dashboard.
Plus, It gives whoever is the new "Micheal Knight" actor, The chance to have Big hair, Tight jeans and a Leather jacket.

If they new go with a present day approach?, Then they should be careful to avoid warping the original's style and feeling, An upgrade is good just don't go to far?!......Oh and no Cryogenic freezing, I really hate that idea.

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:03 pm

^^ I agree with you on the Cryogenic freezing. It reminded me of Austin Powers when I heard that.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

Stargazer
Operative

Post by Stargazer » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:14 pm

David is not young enough to pull that off. Someone else would have to play his part then. Not to mention David has mentioned he did not want a cheesy film and wants something more on the action / serious side.

If this is the hold up on the movie, then I would agree not to have it until there is something put in writting that isn't cheesy.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:51 pm

A lot of people discussed this. The better idea, though many fans may disagree, is to have some new blood behind the wheel of KITT, seeing that the opening intro explained who Michael Knight was, "a young loner". It's best to have a "son" character of Michael to fill in behind the wheel (as many fans, including myself) have thought was the better option, and a few fan fiction stories having to express the idea, seeing that the son would continue on the legacy left behind by his father. Seeing that I've created to seperate "son" characters with this idea, each are completely different. For David Knight from my "Team Renengade Knight Rider" series, he was up for "protecting the innocent and the powerless" against criminals who were above the law. But he didn't like how Knight Industries was doing it at that period of time, ruining the concept: If you are going to run with the wolves, you're going to have to become a wolf. It takes one to catch one. However, for the "Knight Rider: Legacy" series packet (as shown here), the son character is completely different. He hates Knight Industries and the FLAG unit, not wanting to have anything to do with either, because two members of the family (Michael and Jenny) have devoted their lives to the cause (one of the two reasons for Ethan's excuse as to why he doesn't want to be involved with FLAG).

Another option, which I've posted about for fan films, could be machinima (a film made with the use of a computer game). Of course, this just doesn't limit itself with the use of a game to make the film, but a computer itself. Look at "Final Fantasy: Spirit from Within" and "The Animatrix: The Flight Flight of the Osiris" for examples. You could have David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight and STILL look as if he hadn't grown a day over 30, and could have KITT doing a variety of stunts and not have to worry about wrecking antique Trans-Ams for stunts. These are all just thoughts of course.

One thing is for sure: A film is made or broken through either one of these factors: 1. Script. 2. Direction. 3. Acting 4. Editing 5. CGI. Though we are worrying about numbers 2 and 3, we should have heavy concern for number 1. Because if the script's story isn't solid, then the movie will fall apart. And we should also worry about the film when it comes to the editing stage, because the studio may want it to go one way while the director wants it to go another (for example, the movie "Wild Side". The director, Donald Cammell, had written and directed the film for it to go a certain way. But the studio didn't like it and took it from his control. And what resulted of the studio taking over the control of the editing was the 90-95 minute version of the film, which a lot of people hates. Back in 2000, the film's original editor did a Director's Cut of the film, following the film's rough cut, detailed notes from the film's late director and what he recalled. When the Director's Cut was released, it got praised, and was considered a lot better than the studio's version of the film. The Director's Cut was 111 minutes long).

Of course, this is just my opinion on things. I could be wrong.

My "machinima" post: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=6419

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:37 am

To me we dont need to go back to the 80's I did not like Starsky and Hutch's approach to film. Can you imagine Ben Stiller as Michael Knight with the voice of KITT being Owen Wilson????? yuckkkk

To me bring in a young unknown, william daniels back as kitt with all the memories of the 80's 90's. Put him back in a Kick butt Black with scanner Car maybe a corvette or an 02 transam (u really need popup headlights) Have him fight the son of Garth. Michael Knight played by who else David Hasslehoff could be the Devon Miles type Character as head and CEO of the foundation.

If you take it back to the 80's then you are replacing David as Michael Knight and that wont ever be right. TO me

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:38 am

I understand, But David's too old now to be a convincing "Micheal" and I'm not sure whether he would work that well as a "Devon" type character?.
Devon's uptight Englishness was what made him cool, David hasn't got that persona it just wouldn't be the same.

I think a new cast is the way to go, Base it in the 80's and have David Hasslehoff as Director and Glen Larson as Executive producer.
That way Dave can still has his name connected with the movie and be involved in it.

If he really wants to be in it?.....Then maybe as a bad guy or a mentor would be a good idea?

kywolverine708
Recruit

Post by kywolverine708 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:32 am

AtariKnight wrote:I understand, But David's too old now to be a convincing "Micheal" and I'm not sure whether he would work that well as a "Devon" type character?.
Devon's uptight Englishness was what made him cool, David hasn't got that persona it just wouldn't be the same.

I think a new cast is the way to go, Base it in the 80's and have David Hasslehoff as Director and Glen Larson as Executive producer.
That way Dave can still has his name connected with the movie and be involved in it.

If he really wants to be in it?.....Then maybe as a bad guy or a mentor would be a good idea?

I hate to disagree, but I think David needs to be in it as Micheal Knight. To me, you need to stick to what the series is about. That is what happened to all the spinoffs from the original. To me it would be more interesting to see Michael as the Head or maybe Number two man in The Foundation. I agree the uptightness would not be there but you know They could portray michael as an Older Michael who has become a stick in the mud since Devons death. And then someone young and new as a new Micheal driving KITT. For some reason Jason Wiles (Third Watch) just came to mind I dont know why. It would be cool to see Michael playing the father role that Devon had to play with him.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:31 pm

I don't think it will ever happen, as sad as it is, it has been talked about for years and years and nothing yet, so I am not holding my breath!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:23 pm

Let's not get pessimistic. I believe that a Knight Rider movie will push through one of these days. Let's not give up hope. David has been pushing for it all these years and eventually it will be realized.

I also agree that David must be in it. He can direct the movie if he wants to, and he can also star in it. That way, the studio can save on his talent fee. :wink:

He can never play the bad guy in a Knight Rider movie...never. He knows that and it will never be considered in a script. As Garthe perhaps but never a bad Michael Knight.

hm
Rookie

Post by hm » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:49 pm

i think david could still play michael cuz if its base around now or the future his character is going to be older than 20 years ago

Alex T.
Volunteer

Post by Alex T. » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:11 am

David still looks very good and he isn't that old. The movie would make sense if its based on the present, I think they really need to continue the story and explain what happened after the Knight2000 movie. What happened to the foundation after Devon died? Did someone take his place? Michael went back to his cabin and continued fishing. What prompts him to come back and work for the Foundation? Also they need to really explain about Bonnie and what she has been doing for the past 20 years.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:53 am

I think that if they make a movie they should steer clear of KR 2000 altogether.

I recall reading an interview with Mr. Larson where he said something along the lines that KR 2000 'missed the mark'....so I'll go out on a limb and say they'll most likely pretend it never happened. (Or make a tongue-in-cheek reference to it....)