Knight Rider 05?!? Sammo Hung?!? Huh?!?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony J Case
Recruit

Knight Rider 05?!? Sammo Hung?!? Huh?!?

Post by Tony J Case » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:20 pm

From Badmovies.net :
Make of this what you will. . .
... but the Internet Movie Database has an entry for a new Knight Rider movie to star David Hasselhoff and be directed by Sammo Hung! Crazy.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/

Yeah, Crazy is the only word I can think of too. . . .

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:30 pm

Nope. Don't listen to any word of it. IMDB has been messing up the Knight Rider entry for a couple years now. They rely on fan submissions for their data and don't bother to confirm any of it. Although Hasselhoff does want to do a Knight Rider movie, Sammo has never been associated with the project.

(It is possible that Hasselhoff met with Sammo at one point, but Hasselhoff will be having LOTS of meetings with lots of people. None of that should make it to imdb until there is some sort of official announcement.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:15 pm

Just as long as the Hung in question isn't the guy who can't sing worth a crap, William Hung!
If the story's true, I'd rather see David hasselhoff with Sammo Hung.
If it's not true, then I'll take it with a grain of salt......

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:21 pm

It'd be interesting for Sammo Hung to direct it. After all, he is a good director, and he is also the brother of Jackie Chan. They both know how to do stunts pretty well (seeing that they both are also known for their stunt and fight coordinations and both have directed a lot of movies). And the good thing is, they don't use the whole wireworking thing like Yuen Woo-Ping or Tsui Hark, they always do stunts that are somewhat reality based. Have you seen "Who Am I?" There's a car chase in that film that Jackie choreographed, and I thought it was pretty good. I'd like to see Sammo's take on a car chase.

Anyways... that's just my opinion.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:43 am

CB2001 wrote:It'd be interesting for Sammo Hung to direct it. After all, he is a good director, and he is also the brother of Jackie Chan. They both know how to do stunts pretty well (seeing that they both are also known for their stunt and fight coordinations and both have directed a lot of movies). And the good thing is, they don't use the whole wireworking thing like Yuen Woo-Ping or Tsui Hark, they always do stunts that are somewhat reality based. Have you seen "Who Am I?" There's a car chase in that film that Jackie choreographed, and I thought it was pretty good. I'd like to see Sammo's take on a car chase.

Anyways... that's just my opinion.
oh all that wire-fu nonsense is really doing my head in! i was never a fan of the matrix but at least it had a plot device for the wire-based fighting. unfortunately a lot of directors forget this and throw it into any movie and expect me not to laugh at it!! thank goodness scary movie 2 came along and rightly took the p**s out of it all lol!!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Riggers
Volunteer

Post by Riggers » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:52 am

I'd heard that the studio that originally wanted to do the Knight Rider movie, but didn't want KITT to talk. Er, what?! Apparently Hasslehoff and Larson refused...

Saying that, I also heard that dogs can't look up..... :lol: