April Curtis or Bonnie Barstow?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KOPP
Rookie

April Curtis or Bonnie Barstow?

Post by KOPP » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:17 pm

Does anyone remember April Curtis? Does anyone else prefer her to that cranky-butt witch Bonnie Barstow? Who thinks that April is not only nicer, but prettier? Who else HATES the stupid and crass Bonnie? WHO ELSE THINKS THAT THE CRANK WITCH IS UGLY AS SIN?
"Knight Rider 2008 - A brain-rotting flight into the mind-numbing world of a poor excuse for a television show...that should not exist!"

FIGHT the quest for Season 2 - spare us the trash!!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:29 pm

Lolz, I get the faint feeling that you definitely don't like Bonnie eh? I like April because of her demure and friendly aura. I also like Bonnie, but I prefer April's looks and warmth towards Michael and KITT.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:52 pm

Nah, definitely Bonnie all the way. For one thing she was around longer, more a part of the "family" than April was. For another, the whole dynamic between Michael and Bonnie was much better than it was between April and Michael.

That's not to say I disliked April, I just prefer Bonnie.

(Plus, Patricia MacPherson is hot.)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:10 am

Uh, can I vote for both of them?
I mean, both were vital parts of the show, and important to the stories that were shown.
I missed Bonnie when April was around, but April held her own just the same.
However, I liked it when Bonnie came back, though.....

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:32 am

hasn't this been debated more times than "ginger or maryanne"? :D

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:34 am

probably more than "coca-cola" or "pepsi"? lol!

for the record even though bonny IS knight rider to me from my memories as a kid, i do prefer april these days. instead of just being a blond version of bonny april brought her own style and character to the show. she was warmer i agree, and her character seemed more three-dimensional than the first season bonny (even though we did have the will they/won't they of season one) and rebecca holden did a fantastic job of filling out the character above and beyond "mechanic".

the bonny of season three seemed more three-dimensional than her season one counterpart though, and i think they're (april and bonny) both very attractive in their own way. season four's bonny however seemed to lose just a fraction of that charcter, maybe so that rc3 could be written in more.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Bumfluff
Volunteer

Post by Bumfluff » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:46 am

Paul wrote:
That's not to say I disliked April, I just prefer Bonnie.

(Plus, Patricia MacPherson is hot.)
:lol: There goes your whole argument! hehehe...

Bonnie, because Micheal's such a ladies man it's nice to see that at least one woman can see past his so-called charms! 8)

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:15 pm

Oh, tough call.

April seemed so nice....and Bonnie seemed so competent. They'd probably be nice to have working together, one to get the job done and the other to be supportive and warm. Eh, well.

Not being a guy, looks don't really amount to a whole hill of beans with me, so my vote would have to go to Bonnie.

Just a quick observation, re: Soul Survivor. I feel that if Bonnie had been around, she would have actually been the one working on Kitt, not just letting some yahoo underlings do her job for her whilst she talked with Devon and Michael.

*cough* Again. Mere...observation. *cough* :oops:

AprilCurtis
Recruit

Post by AprilCurtis » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:17 pm

I am an April Curtis fan, obviously! However, Bonnie was able to see through Michael. I can remember her in Trust Doesn't Rust- 'Even Michael Knight wouldn't eat that' but I can also remember a couple of episodes where she didn't believe Michael/Kitt/Devon about impending danger....erm.... in.... Knight of the Drones I think, and that other one when she fancied that magician and was there another one.... umm...you know, the one where Devon didn't make it into that elite IQ club but she did, and she was brainwashed into helping them try and get Kitt to kill Michael...if it wasn't a Sunday night I'd totally remember what those episodes were called.... any help here people?! and April always seemed to have her head screwed a little better, unless I'm forgetting some other episodes?

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:32 pm

AprilCurtis wrote:I am an April Curtis fan, obviously! However, Bonnie was able to see through Michael. I can remember her in Trust Doesn't Rust- 'Even Michael Knight wouldn't eat that' but I can also remember a couple of episodes where she didn't believe Michael/Kitt/Devon about impending danger....erm.... in.... Knight of the Drones I think, and that other one when she fancied that magician and was there another one.... umm...you know, the one where Devon didn't make it into that elite IQ club but she did, and she was brainwashed into helping them try and get Kitt to kill Michael...if it wasn't a Sunday night I'd totally remember what those episodes were called.... any help here people?! and April always seemed to have her head screwed a little better, unless I'm forgetting some other episodes?
yep u were right with Knight Of The Drones (s3 premiere), the other one you mentioned is Deadly Knightshade (s4), and the elite IQ club was in Chariot Of Gold (s1). having not seen april episodes in a long time until the marathon today i can now say i missed her... :) i like april too :)
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

AprilCurtis
Recruit

Post by AprilCurtis » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:45 pm

Yeah, I was watching her on the marathon today, and I think she's definitely nicer than Bonnie... and she's really pretty... :-) Thanks for the help there Knightendo... Aww talking of the marathon, I was watching the last one they aired tonight, Let It Be Me.. that one gets me every time, Michael and Stevie and their whole cheesy singing "Let It Be Me" to each other, and then Michael not saying goodbye and mouthing that he loves her and offering to leave the Foundation and the tear in his eye.... :cry:

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:03 pm

yeh, was a great way to end off the day. looking forward to the next one, hopefully bravo will do another one next month.

nice to see mouth of the snake with less bits cut out than usual too :) (even if april is nowhere to be seen in these episodes :( )

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:48 pm

Bonnie was so freaking hot! 8) April never gave me the hots. Bonnie was intellegent, hot, beautiful, amazing, very hot, and smokin'. I think April can just go be a groupie somewhere.
Just my $.02.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers