Yahoo! Photos compatible with this board...?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Yahoo! Photos compatible with this board...?

Post by knightendo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:11 am

hey there, iv recently opened up a Yahoo! Photo album online, and tried posting a photo there of my model KITT and pasted the address of its link into the Img tag in this site but it didn't work when i previewed it. can anyone tell me if there is a way of posting it up here when i have it stored at Yahoo? i also belong to aol so can anyone tell me if it is maybe easier...?
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:18 am

I haven't had any experience with Yahoo Photos, but I don't think it will be possible. Many free photo sites prevent remote image embededing, or "deep linking" from other sites as it allows people to leech their bandwidth. Your probably out of luck. I don't know if AOL provides server space, but you may just need to rely on posting a link to your Photo album.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:08 pm

I have a Yahoo!Photos account. I just simply copy and paste the link to the picture page here.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:37 pm

picture page? im trying to have the picture appear in my post, not just the link, can you do that with your Yahoo! photos?
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:10 pm

Knightendo..

I haven't been able to link through Yahoo photos.. I just included a link below in my sig line and just say.. "Click link below.." in the post.

Regards
AP

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:38 am

MrPayner wrote:Knightendo..

I haven't been able to link through Yahoo photos.. I just included a link below in my sig line and just say.. "Click link below.." in the post.

Regards
AP
cheers for all ur help guys, CB2000 is this what you meant too yeh?