awful AWFUL scheduling news for Bravo (UK)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightendo
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

awful AWFUL scheduling news for Bravo (UK)

Post by knightendo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:45 am

ok so we were treated to two 8-hour marathons on christmas day and boxing day, but look what's happening now!!

ok, so this week kr is only on at 1pm, with no 6pm repeat, but that fixes itself as of next week, with it being on at both times again monday to friday.

what has annoyed me SO much is that YET AGAIN they are missing out on showing Goliath!!! the weekend showings are following on from the end of the second marathon last weekend, thing is it went up to (and included) Nobody Does It Better, then with two one-hour slots left they decided that instead of showing Short Notice and the first part of the season two opener (Goliath) that they would take out Short Notice and show the full movie. Great in theory but instead they showed Goliath Returns!! even though they advertised the day with clips from the original Golath! :S

now (and here's the worst part, for me anyway since Goliath is my fave episode) next weekend we're getting Short Notice (so far so good) followed immediately by Brother's Keeper (what?!)! this is not the first time Bravo have missed out on showing Goliath and i'm getting fed up of it! iv posted a thread on their forum, i'l let u know what they say.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:03 pm

lol....phil, is this a post to just vent your anger on not showing goliath? :P
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:07 pm

hell yeh!! why leave out the same episode again and again?? they advertise themselves as showing every single episode!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Riggers
Volunteer

Post by Riggers » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:02 am

I feel your pain. I remember when Fox Kids were screwing around with Dungeons and Dragons episodes, where they kept missing out four episodes.

On the plus side, at least they're all available on DVD now!!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:00 am

I guess you can say that you should just be thankful they are showing anything at all. Some areas would kill for any episodes on the TV. Hopefully we wont have to wait much longer for Season 2 and you can have your Goliath. :)

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:39 am

o, don't get me wrong neil, we are very grateful, and today and tomorrow there's twelve-hour marathons on, picking up from the last marathon. im watchin KITT the Cat as i type and loving every minute of it. ("mmm, geena davis in the eighties...")

however, this means they have another chance to show it but again they're not. there's a few of us at the bravo forum questioning this, and the bravo mods are usually on every day and chat away to the viewers but they haven't posted anything in a week... :S

ofcourse, for fans of G.Returns this means its gonna end up being shown FOUR times in a month! lol! (twice in marathons - the first time as a replacement for goliath, this time in its natural position in the series) once in the weekday rotations, and once in the weekend rotations lol!!

Riggers
Volunteer

Post by Riggers » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:09 pm

I need to watch Goliath for work! :D

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:10 pm

Riggers wrote:I need to watch Goliath for work! :D
for work...?

o, a bit of an update, "bravobod" finally replied (only because i latched onto a reply of his in another thread to do with alias to ask him why he was avoiding the subject), he said that if he doesn't know the answer to a question he sends it to the main channel bosses and has yet to hear back.

and this week, the weekday rotations YET again go "Short Notice", "Goliath Returns", "Brother's Keeper" for heaven's sake!!

Riggers
Volunteer

Post by Riggers » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:47 am

knightendo wrote:
Riggers wrote:I need to watch Goliath for work! :D
for work...?

o, a bit of an update, "bravobod" finally replied (only because i latched onto a reply of his in another thread to do with alias to ask him why he was avoiding the subject), he said that if he doesn't know the answer to a question he sends it to the main channel bosses and has yet to hear back.

and this week, the weekday rotations YET again go "Short Notice", "Goliath Returns", "Brother's Keeper" for heaven's sake!!
They showed Goliath (pt 1) last Thursday (13th Jan). I know, I taped it.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:53 pm

yeh so i noticed when i turned it over halfway thru part one! still advertised as goliath returns tho. just goes to show what us kr fans over at bravo can do when we pester them enough that we dont leave them alone lol!! ;) :P jk!

thank god for bravo+1, i was able to catch it from the beginning again. i haven't seen that episode in a couple of years, loved every single minute of it!! :D :D